Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

QLD Speed cameras have they sneaked a new one in?

QLD Speed cameras have they sneaked a new one in?

Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:13 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation QLD Speed cameras have they sneaked a new one in?

HI,

We have noticed a couple of times on the side of the road (traveling with in speed) and last night, an inersant looking white van with tinted window at back with 'Kill Your Speed' on the side or Every K over is a Killer'...

Has anyone been done by such a van, does it contain a camera or not as it doesn't have a snorkel like the 4x4 sneaky camera off roaders?
Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:32 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QLD Speed cameras have they sneaked a new one in?

Originally Posted by annqldau
HI,

We have noticed a couple of times on the side of the road (traveling with in speed) and last night, an inersant looking white van with tinted window at back with 'Kill Your Speed' on the side or Every K over is a Killer'...

Has anyone been done by such a van, does it contain a camera or not as it doesn't have a snorkel like the 4x4 sneaky camera off roaders?
They're the ones I told you about ages ago, while unmarked as Police vehicles they still say "Every K over is a Killer" along the drivers side doors.
Yes they have cameras inside
There's a white panel van that often parks up in "hotspots", it has no markings at all aside from the small sign out front.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:50 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Bonus points for getting your picture taken going in reverse, airborne or naked.

And I'll gladly take the points for you if you can do all three.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:55 pm
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by annqldau
HI,

I saw that van for the first time last night, on my way from Brisbane to the SC. It was on the Bruce
Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:56 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
I saw that van for the first time last night, on my way from Brisbane to the SC. It was on the Bruce
Yeh, they've only got the one ... target the pikeys that's what I say ...
Old Sep 29th 2007, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
Correct

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Yeh, they've only got the one ... target the pikeys that's what I say ...
Shortage of Pikeys here they are all Feral instead.

Originally Posted by cresta57
They're the ones I told you about ages ago, while unmarked as Police vehicles they still say "Every K over is a Killer" along the drivers side doors.
Yes they have cameras inside
There's a white panel van that often parks up in "hotspots", it has no markings at all aside from the small sign out front.
It's 4 wheel drives as a rule this end and it could have been a crime scene van like UK only problem was there hadn't been a crash.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:57 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Aint seen that one yet Anne!

Nearly got 'done' by the Silver 'snorkelled up' Land Cruiser driving up Oxley Ave the other night! Saw it at the last minute and hit the brakes!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Aint seen that one yet Anne!

Nearly got 'done' by the Silver 'snorkelled up' Land Cruiser driving up Oxley Ave the other night! Saw it at the last minute and hit the brakes!
They also like to sit as you split off from Anzac to go down towards Scarborough on Klinger Rd at the top of the very first hill where you are still pulling up the hill before the roundabout and beware the Clontarf sea front road is a regular haunt on at least a weekly basis often more. Elizabeth Avenue/Snook St. especially the lower end is another favorite.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:53 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO they should have more speed cameras
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:06 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by biggy
IMO they should have more speed cameras
Ah shaddap! Insert blowing raspberry type smiley!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:21 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Dont forget the unmarked police cars which have a lidar fixed to the dashboard, you have got no chance of spotting them.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:50 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by auspal
Dont forget the unmarked police cars which have a lidar fixed to the dashboard, you have got no chance of spotting them.
Indeed! ...
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Indeed! ...
It turned up again today now in Lawnton... wish it would sod off back to Gympie.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:19 pm

Do get those new bonny cars all red and flashed up so you can spot them and have seen a very occasional unmarked one that has pulled some one over.

Plus the dog van's pull people here that didn't happen in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.