Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Qld Flooding - general chat and stuff.....

Qld Flooding - general chat and stuff.....

Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:55 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qld Flooding - general chat and stuff.....

I'm following threads on here and the news and thinking of you all.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of
Default Re: Blackouts Energex Ipswich 11pm tonight Brisbane CBD 7am tomorrow

Originally Posted by Kim67
Lucky I bought lots of long life milk and wheatbix.
Certainly is as the other story is the shelves are bare
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...ws&date=(none)

Some official on radio said people should do what they normally do at a time like this...is that not panick and strip the shelves bare as if most roads cut off when will shelves get restocked.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:58 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
It's Ian Paisley after a kick to the knackers!

No, seriously, well done under pressure
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly was frantic at the supermarket today.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:02 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
It's Ian Paisley after a kick to the knackers!

No, seriously, well done under pressure
Fankoo, my accent is strong tho, and if I've anything to do with it, it'll stay that way and maybe get even stronger!!!
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:06 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Fankoo, my accent is strong tho, and if I've anything to do with it, it'll stay that way and maybe get even stronger!!!
I can't talk, my Cockernee accent is always ridiculed ... I think some people's accents get stronger the further from their birthplace they get.

I have hit the wine, the OH is home now from Melbourne and if any driving needs to be done, it ain't me

Stay safe
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:09 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Kim67
Certainly was frantic at the supermarket today.
How was the price of lettuce?

Brisbane shutting down at 7am ... only 10 hours earlier than usual ...
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

I have hit the wine, the OH is home now from Melbourne and if any driving needs to be done, it ain't me
Watch out for those RBTs.
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I can't talk, my Cockernee accent is always ridiculed ... I think some people's accents get stronger the further from their birthplace they get.

Stay safe
You too, let's hope tomorrow involves nowhere near as much rain!!!
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:12 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Steve2009
Watch out for those RBTs.
Random Boat Tests?

I am in serious need of muscle and brain relaxant and the OH is asleep so unlikely to drink tonight ...
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:14 am
Mostly Harmless

You too, let's hope tomorrow involves nowhere near as much rain!!!
Bloody right ... I've never wanted to slip slap slop more in my life
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Random Boat Tests?

I am in serious need of muscle and brain relaxant and the OH is asleep so unlikely to drink tonight ...
"Whats so unpleasant about being drunk"

"Ask a glass of water"

Night all, and good wishes.
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Random Boat Tests?
We were talking about it at the dinner that there was no need for designated drivers because there will be no RBTs. It was in jest of course though and no one drove home drunk!
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

How was the price of lettuce?

Brisbane shutting down at 7am ... only 10 hours earlier than usual ...
Didn't check but I'm sure is would have been too outrageous for most BE'ers. We're usually just going to bed around that time in our house so maybe we'll sleep through all the power cuts. My husband will go stir crazy not being able to work, think the kids and I will spend the day in the tent.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:17 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

My voice was shaking like billyo at the start and it appears I have a very limited vocabulary when put on the spot, OOPS!
Thought you did a bloomin marvelous job.
Well done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.