Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Qld Flooding - general chat and stuff.....

Qld Flooding - general chat and stuff.....

Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qld Flooding - general chat and stuff.....

Originally Posted by hevs
I though Brissy airport is shut anyway? Stay safe everyone x
They're hoping to stay open, even on Thursday. Apparently there was some 'Twitter' that put the message out that they were shutting. Still operating nearly normally. Disclaimer: at the moment!)
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blackouts Energex Ipswich 11pm tonight Brisbane CBD 7am tomorrow

Originally Posted by DeadVim
QPS posted that power to Ipswich CBD will be cut tonight ... no idea how accurate this is but repeating it here just in case
Energex up to date info . We've just spoken to QPS media and Energex.

Ipswich CBD - power progressively off from 11pm tonight, danger of inundation.

BRISBANE CBD - substations will be reviewed individually from 7am. If there is danger of inundation then doors will be knocked and power turned off to that substation. It will depend on inundation levels and danger levels. this is CBD ONLY.

Suburbs will be dealt with completely differently, but again it will be individual, no blanket shutdowns are planned.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:30 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pproehann
Do you not need a Billy Boat?

At least if the rain eases you won't have to sleep through Thunder.

They forgot to tell the Courier Mail it's a fib

http://resources3.news.com.au/images...-powerless.jpg
good ole press, love scaring the shit out of people when the chips are already down.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:31 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
They're hoping to stay open, even on Thursday. Apparently there was some 'Twitter' that put the message out that they were shutting. Still operating nearly normally. Disclaimer: at the moment!)
Nope...it was on the news in the caption bit that scrolls along the bottom....

Lets hope its all ok. When we landed in Brissie in Dec, we couldnt disembark for about 20 mins due to the lashing rain.....and the pool outside the aircraft
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's just a lull but I'm loving the BOM radar of the area at the moment, almost looking 'balmy'
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:35 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
good ole press, love scaring the shit out of people when the chips are already down.
To be fair, that is how the press release read ... I'd rather ppl were discouraged from entering the city, on balance.

I mean, how important does work have to be?! To take nothing away from the ppl trying to co-ordinate and marshall the response to this.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:37 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's just a lull but I'm loving the BOM radar of the area at the moment, almost looking 'balmy'
I am loving the sound of rain not falling, I have Man U vs Liverpool on TV, I am newsed out ...
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

To be fair, that is how the press release read ... I'd rather ppl were discouraged from entering the city, on balance.

I mean, how important does work have to be?! To take nothing away from the ppl trying to co-ordinate and marshall the response to this.
Unfortunately there will always be people who believe themselves and their jobs to be indispensable. My boss phoned me the morning after the hurricane bitching and shouting about how I should be there at my desk. Short of walking 28 miles it wasn't going to happen. The following Monday, his boss bawled him out for being such a tool for going in when anyone with half a brain stayed at home.

Some have to be there, 99% don't, save the emergency services from having to look after tools.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:44 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

But then who would be there to make the flat whites!
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:45 am
Mostly Harmless

Unfortunately there will always be people who believe themselves and their jobs to be indispensable. My boss phoned me the morning after the hurricane bitching and shouting about how I should be there at my desk. Short of walking 28 miles it wasn't going to happen. The following Monday, his boss bawled him out for being such a tool for going in when anyone with half a brain stayed at home.

Some have to be there, 99% don't, save the emergency services from having to look after tools.
What a cock, humanity astounds sometimes, it really does ...
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:48 am
Mostly Harmless

But then who would be there to make the flat whites!
Brisbane coffee addicts would be better off taking up crack if their long term health is the priority
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

I am loving the sound of rain not falling, I have Man U vs Liverpool on TV, I am newsed out ...
Turn it off please *drops head and cries*...
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:57 am
live free or die

Brisbane coffee addicts would be better off taking up crack if their long term health is the priority
Have you seen the price of class A's here? Coffee is cheaper.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:58 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by LouiseR
Turn it off please *drops head and cries*...
I have no interest in the game, it's just colours and sounds that aren't flood related and that is good enough for me!

I am a Gillingham and Chelsea fan from the 80s so failure is always an option
Old Jan 11th 2011, 12:00 pm
Mostly Harmless

Have you seen the price of class A's here? Coffee is cheaper.
I plead ignorance and a pointer to where I could get some

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.