Pubs in Wollongong

Old Jan 29th 2010, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

kaza is on a distinguished road
Default Pubs in Wollongong

Hey, Hoping you can help please!

Me and my friend are heading to Wollongong for the weekend to visit family, we want to head out to a bar on saturday night what the best place to go for over 30's

Any suggestions really appreciated
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:06 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pubs in Wollongong

Originally Posted by kaza
Hey, Hoping you can help please!

Me and my friend are heading to Wollongong for the weekend to visit family, we want to head out to a bar on saturday night what the best place to go for over 30's

Any suggestions really appreciated
http://www.citydiggers.com.au or for something slightly noisier http://www.collegians.com.au/jcs-basement-tavern.html or if you're into live music - http://www.oxford-tavern.com.au/
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hutch
Cheers Hutch, I'm up for the live music we'll give that a try.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Cheers Hutch, I'm up for the live music we'll give that a try.
haha okay sent to my friend she wants me to ask the question quote 'Ask Hutch wi the mo if there is anywhere hip & exclusive in the gong LOL' ???

Only forwarding mates q don't shoot the messanger :-)
Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:32 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

haha okay sent to my friend she wants me to ask the question quote 'Ask Hutch wi the mo if there is anywhere hip & exclusive in the gong LOL' ???

Only forwarding mates q don't shoot the messanger :-)
Hip and exclusive. !!!!! Sorry but in the 'Gong !!!

You could try a drink in the Five Islands Brewery, at the front of the WIN Stadium overlooking the sea and then possibly here.
http://www.hostagex.com.au/ or try the Glasshouse and then see where people go from there. Try asking the barstaff.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

You could try a drink in the Five Islands Brewery, at the front of the WIN Stadium overlooking the sea and then possibly here.
http://www.hostagex.com.au/ or try the Glasshouse and then see where people go from there. Try asking the barstaff.
I know i knew I was going to be slated for that LOL Will let you know how it goes
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:03 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

You know, I've never been to the five islands brewery - one of those 'we must' jobs ...

I know i knew I was going to be slated for that LOL Will let you know how it goes
There's a bar called the Beach Bar in the Novotel which is apparently a very trendy joint, but I've never been and am only going on what my (mid-20s) mate tells me.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:21 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Try the glass house early, cos it's got a bad rep later on in the evenings. Dicy Rilies is a great place for live music, and the Hotel Illawara is great for dance music. Palm Court in Corrimal is open til 4am, and the Towradgi Beach Hotel has got Waves night club next door

I've just realised, I've wasted my life

ooh ant try the Heart if you're not fussy, great atmosphere

Last edited by stevenglish; Jan 29th 2010 at 6:23 am. Reason: wot's a noight club??