Wikiposts

Proud Mummy moment

Old Feb 16th 2011, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold
Default Proud Mummy moment

Can I share a proud Mummy moment with you guys please?

After just 2 weeks at kindy (2 half days & 2 full days) my little boy came home today with an achievement merit

I am so proud of the little fella as he's very behind with his speech (just found out that although his hearing is good at the moment he's been virtually deaf at times) & it does make communicating with others very hard for him.

I also got a note home today to say my daughter (year 1) is going to be receiving a merit certificate in the whole school assembly tomorrow morning

Alison x
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:44 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proud Mummy moment

Originally Posted by al150n
Awww that's lovely - real moments to treasure! I keep all LittleSOBs certificates - bless her! She mainly gets them for being lovely and kind rather than for any particular specific achievement, but that still makes me proud as punch! She received an award for the entire year at the end of last year for always doing her best and (as usual) being kind and helpful to others! Hugely proud mummy moment so I understand how you're feeling right now - especially for your little lad's success!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to them both.When you have a pissy off day and you wonder if its all worth the hassle,its moments like this that puts a little spring in to your step.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Well done to them both.When you have a pissy off day and you wonder if its all worth the hassle,its moments like this that puts a little spring in to your step.
Thank you & you're very right there. It was my first full day today by myself since we arrived (no gym or adult company planned) & was really looking forward to picking the kids up. It was so lovely when he came bounding out of school with a huge grin on his face because of his merit ribbon & sticker.

Alison x
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Awww that's lovely - real moments to treasure! I keep all LittleSOBs certificates - bless her! She mainly gets them for being lovely and kind rather than for any particular specific achievement, but that still makes me proud as punch! She received an award for the entire year at the end of last year for always doing her best and (as usual) being kind and helpful to others! Hugely proud mummy moment so I understand how you're feeling right now - especially for your little lad's success!
Oh bless here. You go for your proud Mummy moments!

Alison x
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo- now make a huge box to keep all their treasured memories in. They'll surely add to the collection, and it is fascinating to let them look through it when they get older, and see just what they did. I also include things like their first stories and first schoolbook, and bits from school magazines and newspapers, and any special birthday cards.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:31 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Woohoo- now make a huge box to keep all their treasured memories in. They'll surely add to the collection, and it is fascinating to let them look through it when they get older, and see just what they did. I also include things like their first stories and first schoolbook, and bits from school magazines and newspapers, and any special birthday cards.
That's what I've been doing - the story books are hilarious, LittleSOB has just started Yr 4 now and last weekend we were reading her Yr 2 stories and we were both crying with laughter! Actually, I was laughing at her stories and she was laughing at me laughing, but it was a happy afternoon!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of

The novelty won't wear off, my daughter is 17 and I still get a kick from any form of recognition she gets from school, especially prize day (she got three prizes last year, although the school gives out some rather bizarre books that have a vague connection to the subject).
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:19 am
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of

It's a lovely feeling isn't it? My lot have scrapbooks with all their achievement awards in and I was looking at them not long ago. My middle daughter's first merit award in kindy was 'for being good, kind and caring to Nelly and Nancy' - the guinea pigs! She'd rescued them from under the hedge when they'd escaped one day!
They're great to look at and bring memories flooding back. Enjoy
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

After just 2 weeks at kindy (2 half days & 2 full days) my little boy came home today with an achievement merit

I am so proud of the little fella as he's very behind with his speech (just found out that although his hearing is good at the moment he's been virtually deaf at times) & it does make communicating with others very hard for him.

I also got a note home today to say my daughter (year 1) is going to be receiving a merit certificate in the whole school assembly tomorrow morning

Alison x
Awww..thats so sweet. Give them both a hug and kiss for me.....
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Thats lovely it makes us so proud when our children are doing well i am the same with both my children
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by LINDZI
Thats lovely it makes us so proud when our children are doing well i am the same with both my children
It is lovely isnt it, especially when the school acknowledges the accomplishment of a child who is challenged.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

I have kept all their folders from pre-school & my daughters school report from the UK. I also shipped (& bought in luggage) rather a lot of their artwork So yes I need to start a box each for them. I also have some small bits still that my older kids have done for me which I treasure

Alison x
Attached Thumbnails Proud Mummy moment-zp.jpg   Proud Mummy moment-zv.jpg  
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have kept all their folders from pre-school & my daughters school report from the UK. I also shipped (& bought in luggage) rather a lot of their artwork So yes I need to start a box each for them. I also have some small bits still that my older kids have done for me which I treasure

Alison x
Beautiful kids - you have every right to be proud of them......
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by willmore
Beautiful kids - you have every right to be proud of them......
Thank you I have 3 teenagers too who are just as gorgeous

Alison x