Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Protection for the ignorant

Protection for the ignorant

Old Mar 26th 2014, 3:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Protection for the ignorant

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Yer nanny will be along soon
Yep, she will, and she has a VERY short fuse at present.......
============

Cut out the personal comments guys, attack the subject, not the poster.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 11:23 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Right wing nutters aren't too happy about it either when it suits
The unfortunate characteristic of the far right types is they are heavily into "one rule for me, and another for the plebs".

So I can call anybody I like a work shy, criminal, waste of space - but YOU can't promote homosexuality, or protest policies, or have news that's not toeing the party line.

From examination of the 'lib'ertarians it appears to be a failure in empathy - probably a early childhood developmental abnormality. They seem incapable of really putting themselves into the position of another and seeing through their eyes. At the same time they excuse their own actions and the actions of those that agree with them. So, the japanese were torturing scum, but we're just using enhanced interrogation.

Not sure if there is some education that could be implemented to enhance their ability to role play other people's worldviews, but the effort would be worth it in an improved society and better policies in governments/companies/etc.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
The unfortunate characteristic of the far right types is they are heavily into "one rule for me, and another for the plebs".

So I can call anybody I like a work shy, criminal, waste of space - but YOU can't promote homosexuality, or protest policies, or have news that's not toeing the party line.

From examination of the 'lib'ertarians it appears to be a failure in empathy - probably a early childhood developmental abnormality. They seem incapable of really putting themselves into the position of another and seeing through their eyes. At the same time they excuse their own actions and the actions of those that agree with them. So, the japanese were torturing scum, but we're just using enhanced interrogation.

Not sure if there is some education that could be implemented to enhance their ability to role play other people's worldviews, but the effort would be worth it in an improved society and better policies in governments/companies/etc.
I don't believe most liberal voters are as far right as this government are, but it can't be difficult to sell to their supporters when they throw in the words 'entitled' in their favour or 'not entitled' when they talk about someone who's 'just looking for a handout'. The government agenda seems quite clear (make the rich richer) but why would any liberal voter disagree when it looks like they benefit?
Old Mar 27th 2014, 9:17 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

What, you mean like a spell in the gulags?

Last edited by paulry; Mar 27th 2014 at 9:20 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 9:32 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
What, you mean like a spell in the gulags?
Isn't it interesting how the right winger's thought immediately turns to 'camps'?

Hell, even truthful and society-orientated news reporting would help get them out of their rut.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 9:06 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it interesting how the right winger's thought immediately turns to 'camps'?

Hell, even truthful and society-orientated news reporting would help get them out of their rut.
That's a rather bizarre and twisted-logic response that frankly says it all about the modus operandi of many left wingers.

They use whatever methods it takes to impose thought control. Subtle laws curtailing freedoms of expression, political correctness to brainwash the accepting and gullible and to bully the defiant, and if all else fails (if they think they can get away with it - which they do in parts of the world): re-education camps to punish the remainder until they comply. Oh look,that word again. But you aren't going to browbeat me out of my right to free speech.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 9:28 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

They use whatever methods it takes to impose thought control. Subtle laws curtailing freedoms of expression, political correctness to brainwash the accepting and gullible and to bully the defiant, and if all else fails (if they think they can get away with it - which they do in parts of the world): re-education camps to punish the remainder until they comply. Oh look,that word again. But you aren't going to browbeat me out of my right to free speech.
so Pinochet, Hitler, the Argentinian Junta, Thatcher and Newman, to name a few, are or were all raving lefties were they?

They have all used some of those techniques.....or does it only apply to the left?

You are so biased it is untrue
Old Mar 28th 2014, 9:45 am
Banned

so Pinochet, Hitler, the Argentinian Junta, Thatcher and Newman, to name a few, are or were all raving lefties were they?

They have all used some of those techniques.....or does it only apply to the left?

You are so biased it is untrue
The first three were as bad or worse as the communist dictators.

Thatcher was great!

Newman I haven't worked him out yet but if he's hacked you off big time then maybe he's alright

So who are your political role models? van Rompuy perhaps? You're rather similar in charisma

Old Mar 28th 2014, 10:06 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

The first three were as bad or worse as the communist dictators.
It's kind of interesting your touchstones were the communist dictators - who were basically power-grabbers coming from a similar basis as the fascist dictators - eg they are about grabbing and gathering power to themselves, rather than democracy.

Maybe you ought to compare the far right types of thatcher, abbott, newman with truly democratic leaders?

Thatcher was great!
She was destructive demagogue who did so much damage that can never be corrected. History has spoken, and its dancing on her grave.

Newman I haven't worked him out yet but if he's hacked you off big time then maybe he's alright
A crook, a liar and another damaging far right fraudster. Oh, and a human rights violator. You want to show common cause with that?

So who are your political role models?
Politicians tend to be the problem. How about focusing on the will of the people, society and democracy?
Old Mar 28th 2014, 11:37 am
Banned

It's kind of interesting your touchstones were the communist dictators - who were basically power-grabbers coming from a similar basis as the fascist dictators - eg they are about grabbing and gathering power to themselves, rather than democracy.

Maybe you ought to compare the far right types of thatcher, abbott, newman with truly democratic leaders?

She was destructive demagogue who did so much damage that can never be corrected. History has spoken, and its dancing on her grave.

A crook, a liar and another damaging far right fraudster. Oh, and a human rights violator. You want to show common cause with that?

Politicians tend to be the problem. How about focusing on the will of the people, society and democracy?
It's easy to casually label people crooks, liars and fraudsters and human rights violators, etc but unless you can give substance to those allegations they are nothing more than labels plucked off the top of your head.

Funny that how people see different things in different leaders. Look at what successive labour governments did to the UK. Can you see the damage they've done?

How about the denial of the referendum on continued EU membership from both labour and the tories?
Old Mar 28th 2014, 10:37 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

It's easy to casually label people crooks, liars and fraudsters and human rights violators, etc but unless you can give substance to those allegations they are nothing more than labels plucked off the top of your head.
Fraudster, Liar : https://www.greenleft.org.au/node/51920

Crook : http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2012/s3442719.htm http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1226866256474

Human Right Violator : http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2013/s3869695.htm

Nope, the term I'd have plucked from the top of my head would have been "all round piece of sh*t" - these terms were the one's he's demonstrably earned by his actions.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 12:19 am
Banned

Wikipedia's unusually wide collection of opinion polls on the subject has a different view of history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histori...United_Kingdom

Fraudster, Liar : https://www.greenleft.org.au/node/51920

Crook : http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2012/s3442719.htm http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1226866256474

Human Right Violator : http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2013/s3869695.htm

Nope, the term I'd have plucked from the top of my head would have been "all round piece of sh*t" - these terms were the one's he's demonstrably earned by his actions.
The sources of those links are incredibly biased. ...Greenleft! Go figure!

Here, some reading for you.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 12:21 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Here, some reading for you.
....and that's not biased?

Priceless
Old Mar 29th 2014, 12:27 am
Banned

....and that's not biased?

Priceless
I'm not the one accusing a person of dodgy dealings and then using biased sources and stretched truths to justify it.

I bet you're pleased your secret tory role model is better thought of than some like to believe.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 12:32 am
Bitter and twisted

I'm not the one accusing a person of dodgy dealings and then using biased sources and stretched truths to justify it.

I bet you're pleased your secret tory role model is better thought of than some like to believe.
You seem to get weirder as time goes by

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.