Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Primary School Complaint

Wikiposts

Primary School Complaint

Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

richgina has a spectacular aura aboutrichgina has a spectacular aura aboutrichgina has a spectacular aura about
Default Primary School Complaint

I am hoping there is someone who knows about education who can give me some advice please. Last year our school's Kindy had 13 kids, 6 girls and 7 boys they get equally split into Pre-Primary and mixed with the kids from another Community run Kindy. At the start of term there were 4 girls in 1 class and 2 in the other Pre-Primary class because the split was a little uneven the mum of 1 girl requested she was moved this made 5 girls in 1 class and my daughter on her own in the other. When I found out on the 3rd day of term that she was now alone I asked the headmistress to move her she asked me to leave it a week and then decide I did and asked again for her to move Neve with the other girls she then told me the other class was full. My daughter is tearfull at home and seems angry at me for not getting her moved I've kept it from her that I have not only seen the headmistress but also the head of Pre-Primary. Does anyone know if complaining to the Education Dept will help, it is so unfair and cruel for Neve to be the odd one. It is definately affecting her emotionally and the school have all closed ranks.
Upset Mum
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:32 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Primary School Complaint

Are you saying she's only with boys in her kindy class and has therefore, no girls to play with?
Sorry - just wanting to clarify.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

richgina has a spectacular aura aboutrichgina has a spectacular aura aboutrichgina has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by iPom
Are you saying she's only with boys in her kindy class and has therefore, no girls to play with?
Sorry - just wanting to clarify.
Yes that it is right the other 5 girls she spent last year with are in the other class. She does have 5 girls from another kindy in her class but she has never met them before and they are all friends from last year so she is the outsider
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:36 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by richgina
Yes that it is right the other 5 girls she spent last year with are in the other class. She does have 5 girls from another kindy in her class but she has never met them before and they are all friends from last year so she is the outsider
Ok, I'm with you.

Really tough for your little one... Does she meet with her friends at recess or morning tea/lunch?
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iPom
Ok, I'm with you.

Really tough for your little one... Does she meet with her friends at recess or morning tea/lunch?
Yes she does but it is heart breaking to watch her little face in the morning when her 5 girlfriends go off together into 1 class and she can't go with them