British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Praise the Muslims (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/praise-muslims-772454/)

keel Sep 23rd 2012 8:50 am

Praise the Muslims

Hello all

NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell has heaped praise on Muslim leaders for not being violent this weekend.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-2...otests/4276256

Why hasn't he praised everyone else who didn't riot this weekend and last weekend? I've never rioted in my life, should I expect a phone call of him congratulating me?:fingerscrossed:

Keel

Beoz Sep 23rd 2012 9:05 am

Re: Praise the Muslims

Originally Posted by keel (Post 10295306)
Hello all

NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell has heaped praise on Muslim leaders for not being violent this weekend.

Why hasn't he praised everyone else who didn't riot this weekend and last weekend? I've never rioted in my life, should I expect a phone call of him congratulating me?:fingerscrossed:

Keel

They were all in Belmore celebrating the bulldogs winning the NRL semi final

Zen10 Sep 23rd 2012 9:06 am

Hello all

Keel

Someone should praise the Manx community for not being violent this weekend. They really should.

keel Sep 23rd 2012 9:15 am

Praise to the 3 legged Manx.

Originally Posted by Zen10 (Post 10295319)
Someone should praise the Manx community for not being violent this weekend. They really should.

lapin_windstar Sep 23rd 2012 9:52 am

NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell has heaped praise on Muslim leaders for not being violent this weekend

No, he didn't, he

heaped praise on Muslim leaders and police for helping to prevent a repeat of last weekend's violent protest in Sydney
which means something entirely different from what you wrote.

You know, if you immigrate here, you should make an effort to speak the language of this country. That way you can participate in the Australian community instead of spreading rumours and hysteria to other immigrants over the internet.

lesleys Sep 23rd 2012 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Zen10 (Post 10295319)

I did check and you are right.

This is the headline news there, Peel’s Patrick Street to remain two-way

keel Sep 23rd 2012 12:12 pm

I emigrated here and speak the language quite well.

I do participate in my community but what has this to do with my post?

Why should Barry O'Farrel praise a community for not rioting? This is sign of the politicians fearing the Muslim population and what they are capable of. His praise is more like a sigh of relief, is this how we are going to live now? To be fearing a small part of our population?:thumbdown:

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar (Post 10295359)
No, he didn't, he

which means something entirely different from what you wrote.

You know, if you immigrate here, you should make an effort to speak the language of this country. That way you can participate in the Australian community instead of spreading rumours and hysteria to other immigrants over the internet.

AlliF Sep 23rd 2012 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by keel (Post 10295513)

Why should Barry O'Farrel praise a community for not rioting?

I disagree. What I think he was doing was thanking the muslim leaders for making the effort to be proactive and help prevent anyone rioting by ensuring their views against violence were known. And that any riots were not condoned by them.

Totally different from saying to the 'potential' rioters good boys and girls for not being bad. The leaders could have just as easily sat and said nothing and just let their 'followers' do as they wished.

Dreamy Sep 23rd 2012 10:22 pm

Why should Barry O'Farrel praise a community for not rioting?

But as has already been pointed out to you, he didn't.

shafaqat309 Sep 24th 2012 6:33 am

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/opin...924-26ggq.html

ozzieeagle Sep 24th 2012 6:40 am

I emigrated here and speak the language quite well.

I do participate in my community but what has this to do with my post?

Why should Barry O'Farrel praise a community for not rioting? This is sign of the politicians fearing the Muslim population and what they are capable of. His praise is more like a sigh of relief, is this how we are going to live now? To be fearing a small part of our population?:thumbdown:

At least Aus hasn't had to resort to banning an abbreviation.

old.sparkles Sep 24th 2012 6:45 am

Originally Posted by shafaqat309 (Post 10296527)

This is the final line in that report "Uthman Badar is the spokesman of Hizb ut-Tahrir in Australia, an Islamic political party that is dedicated to the unification of the Muslim world under Islamic law."

How much of the world is considered to be the Muslim world?

shafaqat309 Sep 24th 2012 7:08 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 10296546)
This is the final line in that report "Uthman Badar is the spokesman of Hizb ut-Tahrir in Australia, an Islamic political party that is dedicated to the unification of the Muslim world under Islamic law."

How much of the world is considered to be the Muslim world?

A group of people use "Freedom of speech" as sword and target a specific community / religion and other appreciate.
I thought writer trying to give a balanced opinion but he will not be honoured because he belongs to a world community which is less in percentage.
After a movies now cartoons in French magazine and off course people will defend because its freedom of speech

Beaverstate Sep 24th 2012 7:15 am

Originally Posted by shafaqat309 (Post 10296576)
A group of people use "Freedom of speech" as sword and target a specific community / religion and other appreciate.
I thought writer trying to give a balanced opinion but he will not be honoured because he belongs to a world community which is less in percentage.
After a movies now cartoons in French magazine and off course people will defend because its freedom of speech

If a religion cannot withstand criticism on its own merits, without resorting to violence, What does that say?. Don't believe for a second that Christianity isn't ridiculed daily in the US and Europe.

old.sparkles Sep 24th 2012 7:15 am

Originally Posted by shafaqat309 (Post 10296576)

I didn't attack the writer - I asked how much of the world is considered to be the muslim world.