Old Feb 5th 2006, 9:21 am
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Power ballards

Originally Posted by artep
what have abba ever done to you???
That would be telling
Old Feb 5th 2006, 10:05 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
I like a good power ballard

Africa - Toto

I wanna know what love is - Foreigner

oooo and that one what is it 'till now I always got by on my own, I never really cared until i met you blah blah' great hairbrush song

wow kay....they are two of my favourite records!!!!!
I remember going to see foreigner at sheffield arena yonks ago - they were supported by the doobie brothers......blimey, that brings back memories!!
Old Feb 5th 2006, 11:14 am
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

On that album cover is one of my old favourite bands and that was Extreme... Now, "More Than Words" would undoubtedly win the title of best Rock Ballad maybe, but not the best Power Ballad being that it's acoustic.

Maybe Meatloaf's "I would do anything for love" or Bryan Adams' "Heaven" could be contenders

My favourite bands' worst single could possibly be classed as a bit of a power ballad....

"Kayleigh I just wanna say I'm sorry
But Kayleigh I'm too scared to pick up the phone
To hear you've found another lover to patch up our broken home

Kayleigh I'm still trying to write that love song
Kayleigh it's more important to me now you're gone
Maybe it will prove that we were right
Or ever prove that I was wrong"

Old Feb 5th 2006, 1:05 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
wow kay....they are two of my favourite records!!!!!
I remember going to see foreigner at sheffield arena yonks ago - they were supported by the doobie brothers......blimey, that brings back memories!!
shhhhh your showing your age Sue, I of course only heard of them through my older sister
Old Feb 5th 2006, 3:00 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lel_smiff
On that album cover is one of my old favourite bands and that was Extreme... Now, "More Than Words" would undoubtedly win the title of best Rock Ballad maybe, but not the best Power Ballad being that it's acoustic.

Maybe Meatloaf's "I would do anything for love" or Bryan Adams' "Heaven" could be contenders

My favourite bands' worst single could possibly be classed as a bit of a power ballad....

"Kayleigh I just wanna say I'm sorry
But Kayleigh I'm too scared to pick up the phone
To hear you've found another lover to patch up our broken home

Kayleigh I'm still trying to write that love song
Kayleigh it's more important to me now you're gone
Maybe it will prove that we were right
Or ever prove that I was wrong"

lol....yes, it was a bit dire for such an ace band wasnt it?

kay......its our secret, ok?

Old Feb 5th 2006, 3:08 pm
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute

Independent Love Song - Scarlet

Africa - Toto

Stay With Me 'Till Dawn - Judie Tzuke

Three more faves
Old Feb 5th 2006, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Buttockup
Independent Love Song - Scarlet

Africa - Toto

Stay With Me 'Till Dawn - Judie Tzuke

Three more faves
keep up will you
Old Feb 5th 2006, 3:26 pm
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute

keep up will you
I just put those three on Napster - just fantastic. I saw you listed Africa by Toto but thought it worthy of further praise. And what is more, young lady, you've embarassed me again in the quiz! I shall have to fix you!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:46 am
‹(•¿•)›

Superstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
James Blunt - music to hang yourself to? How that guy got a recording contract is beyond me.
I think his album 'Back to Bedlam' was the highest selling UK album last year ahead of X+Y by the tremendously good Coldplay.
I think Mr Blunt is planning a tour taking in the East coast of Australia in a few months, I will be there with my rope. Great album.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:21 pm

I just put those three on Napster - just fantastic. I saw you listed Africa by Toto but thought it worthy of further praise. And what is more, young lady, you've embarassed me again in the quiz! I shall have to fix you!
and fix me you have!! you've beaten me today
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:26 pm
Blah Blah Blah

and fix me you have!! you've beaten me today
I knew your luck couldn't last
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:31 pm

I knew your luck couldn't last
I'll be back
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:44 pm
Blah Blah Blah

I'll be back
I know
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:56 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Following on from the Aussie "feel good" songs, what is your favourite power ballard and why is it special to you?

Mine's the Power of Love by Jennifer Rush because they played it at my ex-bosses funeral...only joking!

How about Lilac Wine - Elkie Brooks. Why? It's a nice ditty and I like wine.

I'm sure you can all do better than that....
I dont wanna miss a thing - Aerosmith

The sciendtist - Coldplay (fab song)

Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit
I dont wanna miss a thing - Aerosmith

The sciendtist - Coldplay (fab song)

Hey there, how you doing?? Your back on the expats forum, have you changed your minds? We fly in just over 2 weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.