Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Post intended for previous renter

Wikiposts

Post intended for previous renter

Old Jul 13th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold
Default Post intended for previous renter

hi guys,

just wondering what you do with all the Post that was placed in your mailbox which was intended for the previous renters?

do you chuck it in the paper recycle bin or send it to the Post office to return to sender?
Old Jul 13th 2008, 9:50 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post intended for previous renter

Return to sender. It's not yours to throw out.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 9:57 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

we took ours back to the agents and let them deal with it
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:01 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

I always leave a forwarding address when I move out of a place in case the new tenants want to forward things onto me - that way I can reduce my carbon footprint by making sure I haven't got junk mail everywhere.
...not that that stops it!!

I would ask the landlord or who you purchased from as they may still have contact with the previous tenant/owner.

I was really surprised that we had a bunch of mail here for our previous, including two parcels - one with no return address. Hubby took everything to the post office since I wasn't able to get an address from the landagent.

I guess they will go to postal heaven.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

thanks for the replies guys
Old Jul 14th 2008, 12:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by obiwan
hi guys,

just wondering what you do with all the Post that was placed in your mailbox which was intended for the previous renters?

do you chuck it in the paper recycle bin or send it to the Post office to return to sender?
If its obviously junk/circulars it goes in the bin. Otherwise I will forward it to the agent, or return to sender. Very loathe to dispose of anything that might be important/personal after discovering what AUs Post did with our last redirection request.
I use my maiden name still for most things, but when they received the request for redirection they reckoned I should only be using my married name and crossed the different surname off the form without telling us, so we only received mail with The Bloke's surname on it. Discovered my mail (including bank statements and cashpoint cards posted from the UK before we had the new address) sitting in the garden at the old house, which was empty and being demolished The guy at Aus Post is still trying to recover his hearing after he got an earful from me!