Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to love a house?!!!

Wikiposts

Is it possible to love a house?!!!

Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:29 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it possible to love a house?!!!

If so, I've done it...I'm in love with this baby

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...a&fmt=&header=

I've somehow just got to talk my OH to moving to VIC!!!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:38 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to love a house?!!!

Originally Posted by TraceyW

Absolutely gorgeous! :

It's priced at $420,000+ - which works out at £177,196.

How much would an identical property cost you in the UK? I'm guessing it would be a LOT more than £177,196.49!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:41 am
Account Closed

Default Re: Is it possible to love a house?!!!

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Absolutely gorgeous! :

It's priced at $420,000+ - which works out at £177,196.

How much would an identical property cost you in the UK? I'm guessing it would be a LOT more than £177,196.49!

I know...I can't believe what you get for your money over here. It's amazing!

We visited that area last year and I loved it. I can't believe how Perths property market has shot up so much therefore enabling us to make that move to VIC .....if my OH would!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:55 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful house and they have the same leather furniture as us.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:11 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That is lovely. Shame it's down in Vic
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:13 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
That is lovely. Shame it's down in Vic
Wouldn't look right in stepford
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:19 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

'kin 'ell - your money goes a long way down there. That house where we're moving to - you're talking more like $750k.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
Wouldn't look right in stepford

Ey up...you've got a Stepford over there too? I thought Perth had the monopoly on that!!

We're just about to move into a house we've had built and I would flog it tomorrow to move over there!

OH has looked at the details of that house and he agrees it is gorgeous. He was shocked that you could buy a beautiful home, in a very nice countryfide area, for less than we'd flog our new build in Stepford for!!

Bonus...I shall keep working on him
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:29 pm

Ey up...you've got a Stepford over there too? I thought Perth had the monopoly on that!!

We're just about to move into a house we've had built and I would flog it tomorrow to move over there!

OH has looked at the details of that house and he agrees it is gorgeous. He was shocked that you could buy a beautiful home, in a very nice countryfide area, for less than we'd flog our new build in Stepford for!!

Bonus...I shall keep working on him
I'm afraid we do and we're building in it.

Although I was referring to the stepford whch is the GC
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:38 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid we do and we're building in it.

Although I was referring to the stepford whch is the GC
You obviously didn't see the other bits of the GC. That house would look fab on our plot
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:41 pm

You obviously didn't see the other bits of the GC. That house would look fab on our plot
We saw most of it, drove the whole length of it.

Coolangatta was quite nice, but very stepford.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, it would actually!

That house is STUNNING!! We have friends that live just by there and they paid not alot less for a pretty plain 70's style house just last year.

Although this house isnt terribly big, just looks like it with the big ceilings.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:12 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!! That is gorgeous, That would be my ideal home. I love exposed beams, it gives so much character, I wouldnt be able to afford something like that in UK though.

Are you thinking of buying it?
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:33 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful house and they have the same leather furniture as us.
No accounting for taste though hey....
Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:16 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

ooo its beautiful good price too!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.