Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to copy Vinyl and Cassettes to MP3?

Wikiposts

Is it possible to copy Vinyl and Cassettes to MP3?

Old Jun 7th 2006, 3:51 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it possible to copy Vinyl and Cassettes to MP3?

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Just wanted to let you know that the iMIC solution is working really well - have copied about 200 12" singles and there is no loss of quality from the vinyl to the MP3.

Now I've just got to find the best place to sell the vinyl....

Cheers

Buzzy
I off-loaded several thousand 12"s at an excellent independent record shop near here. Straight 50/50 split with the shop owner - we both did far better out of it, had I flogged them as a job lot somewhere.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 4:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Weird innit, theres me cursing the day I threw out my Vinyl, now that I've had a chance to listen to the New wave of Valveamps. HDCD v Vinyl.... No competition.

Personally I now feel that most people once they realise the Difference will regret getting rid of their Vinyl. It's a bit like painting a Brick wall, one day you will regret it.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 7th 2006 at 4:17 am.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 5:00 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Weird innit, theres me cursing the day I threw out my Vinyl, now that I've had a chance to listen to the New wave of Valveamps. HDCD v Vinyl.... No competition.

Personally I now feel that most people once they realise the Difference will regret getting rid of their Vinyl. It's a bit like painting a Brick wall, one day you will regret it.
Not me mate. They were like a fliping mill-stone around my neck. They filled the entire eaves of our house. I hadn't listened to a single one of 'em in a decade - I haven't even owned a record deck for the last eight odd years. When I was flogging 'em I nipped round next door to listen to a few, was nostalgic for all of three minutes, then realised they were mostly a load of bollocks and I was lucky to be getting shot of 'em! For me, nothing can beat the practicality of digital music - I've been making and listening to MP3s for almost as long as the format's existed and I wouldn't go back to crappy old vinyl if I was paid per track!!!
Old Jun 7th 2006, 5:06 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

You are joking, seriously?!

Sold all 2500+ of mine 12 yrs ago for double what i could've sold it for today, why do the industry keep saying vinyl's coming back?, it's crap......

Unless of course you're searching for subliminal messages on Judas Priest albums that is.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 5:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Depends, I do have a use for everyday listening with digital format. However if I want the real true luxury of feeling and detail, only vinyl can really do that.

There again I Havn't purchased the equipment yet so its all hypothetical.

I've got 1000's like you guys of mp3's etc. I would envisage only having very few records.

To me from what I've heard side by side, the difference is like a stock standard tv v Imax.

I've got to admit to having lately acquired a taste for listening to classical music, that could be a factor as well.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Just wanted to let you know that the iMIC solution is working really well - have copied about 200 12" singles and there is no loss of quality from the vinyl to the MP3.

Now I've just got to find the best place to sell the vinyl....

Cheers

Buzzy

Ebay is always a good try
Mandy