Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Portrayal of men / Fathers in the media

Portrayal of men / Fathers in the media

Old Aug 17th 2012, 7:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Portrayal of men / Fathers in the media

Originally Posted by ukecadet
have a confession to make.I'm guilty of playing a dopey husband in a commercial I filmed many years ago.Here it is.http://www.tvspots.tv/video/2423/OBR...FISH-N-CHIPPED
Ok that scared me more than it possibly should.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 7:18 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Ok that scared me more than it possibly should.
It took 5 hours in make up to get me looking like that.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 7:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It took 5 hours in make up to get me looking like that.
And being decapitated as well apparently.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
And being decapitated as well apparently.
It's surprising what goes in to a small ad like that.The fish body was made by a guy who worked on the Star Wars models and I had a puppeteer from the Muppet Show behind me working the fins. After the shoot,for a bit of a laugh me and the woman went into a fish and chip shop with the masks on and asked for some chips .
Old Aug 17th 2012, 7:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

It's surprising what goes in to a small ad like that.The fish body was made by a guy who worked on the Star Wars models and I had a puppeteer from the Muppet Show behind me working the fins. After the shoot,for a bit of a laugh me and the woman went into a fish and chip shop with the masks on and asked for some chips .
How did that go down?
Old Aug 17th 2012, 8:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

have a confession to make.I'm guilty of playing a dopey husband in a commercial I filmed many years ago.Here it is.http://www.tvspots.tv/video/2423/OBR...FISH-N-CHIPPED
An absolute cinematic masterpiece that!
Old Aug 17th 2012, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy
An absolute cinematic masterpiece that!
The result of 3 years at drama school
Old Aug 17th 2012, 11:24 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

The result of 3 years at drama school
typical drama queen RO
Old Aug 17th 2012, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
typical drama queen RO
carry on number 1
Old Aug 17th 2012, 11:43 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

carry on number 1
aye aye sir, although now a damned civvy too
Old Aug 17th 2012, 11:46 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I remember that commercial.

(Obviously it worked!)
Old Aug 17th 2012, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I've just watched an episode of 'Scott & Bailey' on ABC (imagine Cagney and Lacey set in Manchester) and the men were either feckless coppers, feckless husbands, crack addict ex-con brothers or paedos who'd been tortured and subsequently burnt alive.

One of the female lead characters summed it pretty well, "Men are shit", and on this evidence I couldn't disagree.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 3:43 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77
Anyone else noticed the depressing portrayal of us blokes in the media these days.

In TV advertising it seems we are fair game. Made out to be bungling brain dead morons incapable of simple tasks until the Female steps in to save the day with her super hero powers. Or in the case of adds like Kmart we don't even figure as a demographic they care about.

There was an add on a few weeks ago I think for virgin. A bloke was bending over to get something out of the car and the women gave him a slap on the arse and a wink to the camera lol Imagine the reaction by feminazis if that was the other way around. So many adds out there at the moment where if roles were reversed they would never get out.

Seems every other add is mocking the male these days, even my wife says she doesn't take the adds seriously and is bored with it.

All the feminazi's have gravitated to TV advertising! In all honesty I couldn't give a **** and flick over, but kids these days are supposed to be shown positive male role models / trying to get Fathers more involved and all this negativity doesn't help.

Good article here - men are not idiots - http://www.aef.com/industry/news/data/2008/8014
Things are so different to the way they used to be