Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Pops head in from Perth ...

Wikiposts

Pops head in from Perth ...

Old Mar 15th 2006, 2:15 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pops head in from Perth ...

Glad you made it and its going so well.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

good to see all is going to plan! be there end of april.
dom
Old Mar 15th 2006, 1:49 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs

Trying to find a decent rental is murder ... BE WARNED.
It's unbelievable right now, Perth is quite literally "full" so unless you want to live in a pig sty you'd better have a good plan B.

If my landlord ever sells the house or puts the rent up to what he could get (we've been in the house 2 years, he could easily ask for $100 -$200 a week more than we are paying) then, realistically, I'll have to get out of Perth, as there is no way I'm paying what they are asking for some of the dumps right now.

My Plan B is Cairns, I've been looking at the realestate site, some lovely spots around the Tablelands, Just have to get a job....
Old Mar 15th 2006, 6:31 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
It's unbelievable right now, Perth is quite literally "full" so unless you want to live in a pig sty you'd better have a good plan B.

If my landlord ever sells the house or puts the rent up to what he could get (we've been in the house 2 years, he could easily ask for $100 -$200 a week more than we are paying) then, realistically, I'll have to get out of Perth, as there is no way I'm paying what they are asking for some of the dumps right now.

My Plan B is Cairns, I've been looking at the realestate site, some lovely spots around the Tablelands, Just have to get a job....
You know this really scares me, we haven't even submitted out TRA yet! Maybe we should reconsider WA....which is a bummer of course seeing as we have already paid for a reccie there in June
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:46 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Clippies
You know this really scares me, we haven't even submitted out TRA yet! Maybe we should reconsider WA....which is a bummer of course seeing as we have already paid for a reccie there in June

We've reconsidered and we're not going, Perth and all things perth are out of our budget, i am truly gutted as i had done lots of research, established a few friendships, as had my teen, she is a keen gymnast and one of the clubs , where we intended to stay couldn't wait to get her over, i've still to tell the coach, who will be gutted as she has kept in contact with us for over a year and kept up contact with my teen
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
We've reconsidered and we're not going, Perth and all things perth are out of our budget, i am truly gutted as i had done lots of research, established a few friendships, as had my teen, she is a keen gymnast and one of the clubs , where we intended to stay couldn't wait to get her over, i've still to tell the coach, who will be gutted as she has kept in contact with us for over a year and kept up contact with my teen

Aw Margaret.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:51 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Margaret, there's still plenty of affordable places love.

Keep ya chin up mush
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:57 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

I do feel really down about it but it is probably the most sensible thing to do Have also got to email my friends to tell them
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:59 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

I do feel really down about it but it is probably the most sensible thing to do Have also got to email my friends to tell them
Where are you going instead?
Old Mar 15th 2006, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by possoms
Where are you going instead?

I'm going to live with Bordy
Old Mar 15th 2006, 11:58 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Margaret, are you really sure - I mean you've put such a lot of groundwork in.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Where abouts in Perth were you going??
Old Mar 16th 2006, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by WendyC
Where abouts in Perth were you going??

Joondalup , the gymnastic coach was so lovely, sent lots of photos, even invited us to her wedding , so, so far i've found the aussies great and am not there yet!!!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 1:52 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Joondalup , the gymnastic coach was so lovely, sent lots of photos, even invited us to her wedding , so, so far i've found the aussies great and am not there yet!!!
cant you live near Joondalup somewhere a bit cheaper and still use the coach?
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Margaret, you sure I'm not sure I would change my plans to that extent by news reports and a few comments on here (albeit people who are there and see what is happening )

If we all followed what we saw in the papers and what "some" people say, we would all shoot ourselves at age 5

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.