Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pommie Bastard, Mike Stanton and Arkon

Originally Posted by soapy
thats what i meant to say
It had to be said ....bloody ridiculous
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:21 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
i think they guy has a point though cas. i bet theres a few who over the last few weeks, read a few of PBs thread and thought that Oz is not all its cracked up to be. they maybe arseholes but im sure theres a few like that out there
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

i think they guy has a point though cas. i bet theres a few who over the last few weeks, read a few of PBs thread and thought that Oz is not all its cracked up to be. they maybe arseholes but im sure theres a few like that out there
I'm not saying anyone is an arsehole.

Bur don't people have minds of their own??
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:30 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not saying anyone is an arsehole.

Bur don't people have minds of their own??
i know u didnt say that, but i did lol
a lot of people dont know what they want cas. all it would take is one of PBs threads to put them off.
now that does make them arseholes
and people who shouldnt be doing it in the first place
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

i know u didnt say that, but i did lol
a lot of people dont know what they want cas. all it would take is one of PBs threads to put them off.
now that does make them arseholes
and people who shouldnt be doing it in the first place
Yes - sorts out the wheat from the chaff when you look at it that way...as Siren suggested.

It's hardly like they can't decide between the Costa Brava or Costa Del Sol

(oh, I can feel such a bitch coming on )
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:35 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Sol

(oh, I can feel such a bitch coming on )
go for it Cas, i need a good laugh
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:42 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
l read a post from someone who was having second thoughts about immigrating after reading Pommie Bastards and Mike Stantons posts, do you think people have actually canceled their plans to immigrate to OZ after reading their posts?
Personally I love where we have ended up in Melbourne and have no regrets on either work or home front.

I can see from where Mike, PB and Arkon come from but think they go to the extreme and don't always provide a balanced point of view. I dont know their personal circumstances but can only imagine they ended up in the wrong place, ran into the wrong people and whether it be the UK, Europe, Oz or the US would have formed the same opinions.

This is a free view site and with that comes the constraint of having to listen to opinions you disagree with - we all have the chance to return our views and we all do dont we

Either way those coming out or thinking of it should make their OWN minds up by a broad search and a decent reccie (not a holiday).

Oz will not work out for everyone - namely those that come unprepared, expecting it to be a UK/Spain alternative or underestimate the issue of distance and isolation. But for many it will be a great choice/decision.

"Falling is not the falling down its the not getting up."

At least on BE if you fall down there are people willing to give you a hand up

For PB,MS and Arkon I wish them a better life (in terms of what they seek) back in the UK.

Kiwi
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:43 pm
Account Closed

go for it Cas, i need a good laugh
Well, some people decide to come emigrate, when they haven't gone further than the borders of their town ....physically or metaphorically.

It's such a big move, than people have got to have some real reason for doing it ....reasons of their own.

And not be taken in by some whinging pom like PB (love to wind him up btw...he seems to take what I say seriously )

Can't do this on my own...going to join in ?
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:48 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Well, some people decide to come emigrate, when they haven't gone further than the borders of their town ....physically or metaphorically.

It's such a big move, than people have got to have some real reason for doing it ....reasons of their own.

And not be taken in by some whinging pom like PB (love to wind him up btw...he seems to take what I say seriously )

Can't do this on my own...going to join in ?
nah, your doing fine
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

nah, your doing fine
I can't dig a hole on my own ...here you have a spade too
Attached Images  
Old Aug 19th 2006, 9:41 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

l think theit posts would'nt make any difference to people who were certain they wanted to move to OZ or had been to OZ before and liked the place, but their posts could change the minds of people who are uncertain or never been to OZ before.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 9:53 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Personally i think that they are all doing exactly what ALL of my kiwi and aussie mates do when we go out for a drink. The more you rise the more they give, they have sent full grown men storming out of pubs before. they all have a bit of the bully in them but are all harmless, and the fact that they all are winds them up and makes them say Really pathetic things!! The first sign of a weakness and they pounce, just like my kiwi and aussie mates. the more you laugh at them though, the less effective they are. But thats just my opinion. i hope they keep going because its fun making them look idiots.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
l read a post from someone who was having second thoughts about immigrating after reading Pommie Bastards and Mike Stantons posts, do you think people have actually canceled their plans to immigrate to OZ after reading their posts?

I appreciate that there are people who have the balls to post on here how much they dislike certain aspects of Australia. I could counter this with the classic I read the other day where a $ dollarish thing was equivalent to UK£ when it came to spending in Aus posted by someone supposed to have a visa and be on there way to Aus. Some people have total rose tinted so it's good we get the good the bad and the ugly from our broad range of posters. If someone can have their mind changed by what one person writes on here then they probably never wanted to go any way.

Oh final thought Arkon has wrote some very good posts on here and the usual crowd all just on him and turn his posts into a slagging match, Mike Stanton not seen a post worth reading so far, PommieBastard ditto.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 12:02 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Ok lets pretend we are all wrong about the negatives, If this land is so great and wonderfull WHY do greater than 25% of people after spending ALL that time, effort and money to get here. Give up OK or good lives back home, give up lifetime family and friends to be here and then RETURN home?

I think its becaus some of us have higher standards and lower tollarances to incompetance, Find adapting to the extreme weather, flies and mosies too much to take and start to question why as an adult, free to make any decision I want, would choose to purposfully live in a country that DIDN'T offer the better standard of living, better climate, schools etc.etc.

For all it's problems living in the UK was a breeze compared to living here, I understood it, assosciated with it, had a common humour, plenty of proper friends and life was just so much easier.

So just because you don't agree doesn't make the bulk of us who hate the place and prefur the UK wrong.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 12:08 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by arkon
Ok lets pretend we are all wrong about the negatives, If this land is so great and wonderfull WHY do greater than 25% of people after spending ALL that time, effort and money to get here. Give up OK or good lives back home, give up lifetime family and friends to be here and then RETURN home?

I think its becaus some of us have higher standards and lower tollarances to incompetance, Find adapting to the extreme weather, flies and mosies too much to take and start to question why as an adult, free to make any decision I want, would choose to purposfully live in a country that DIDN'T offer the better standard of living, better climate, schools etc.etc.

For all it's problems living in the UK was a breeze compared to living here, I understood it, assosciated with it, had a common humour, plenty of proper friends and life was just so much easier.

So just because you don't agree doesn't make the bulk of us who hate the place and prefur the UK wrong.
i dont think cas was calling u bloody ridiculous mate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.