Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Politicians must be held to account for mishandling the pandemic

Politicians must be held to account for mishandling the pandemic

Old Nov 23rd 2021, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Politicians must be held to account for mishandling the pandemic

The senior editor of the British Medical Journal has said that politicians should be held to account for mis-handling the Covd-19 pandemic and uses the term social murder as a standard against which they should be judged.
When politicians and experts say that they are willing to allow tens of thousands of premature deaths, for the sake of population immunity or in the hope of propping up the economy, is that not premeditated and reckless indifference to human life? he asks............

when politicians wilfully neglect scientific advice, international and historical experience, and their own alarming statistics and modelling, because to act goes against their political strategy or ideology, is that lawful?
Good question. I guess the ultimate sanction is that of the ballot box, but I do think we should hold our politicians personally responsible for their bad choices.
He points out that official scientific advisers have often struggled to convince politicians to act until it is too late or kept silent to avoid public criticism, while much of the media is complicit too, “worried about telling pandemic truths to their readers and viewers, owners, and political friends.”

It is this environment that has allowed covid denial to flourish, for unaccountability to prevail, and for the great lies of ‘world-beating’ pandemic responses to be spun.
Yes, I've noticed some of our politicians describe our vaccine response or pandemic management as world beating or world leading. To me that's a dead giveaway that nothing could be further from the truth. I know spin when I hear it and so do a lot of people I suspect, I certainly feel insulted when our elected reps try to cover up their malfeasance by telling us how good they are. Trust in some politicians must be at rock bottom. I wonder what it will take to rebuilt it, is that even possible?
Old Nov 25th 2021, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Retirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Politicians must be held to account for mishandling the pandemic

Morrison has more pressing business looking after the sky fairy mob…
Old Nov 25th 2021, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Politicians must be held to account for mishandling the pandemic

Originally Posted by Retirednow
Morrison has more pressing business looking after the sky fairy mob…
Yes, you're right though I suspect that's just a ploy to detract attention away from the integrity bill.