Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Pls help! What % british expats return to uk?

Wikiposts

Pls help! What % british expats return to uk?

Old Jan 31st 2009, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pls help! What % british expats return to uk?

yes do that too
Old Jan 31st 2009, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

If you are seriously expecting any figures about the movement of people to be 100% accurate then you are living in dreamland.
it took you a while but I knew you would eventually get it
Old Jan 31st 2009, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kporte
it took you a while but I knew you would eventually get it
Stop trying to be a smart arse. Your claim that the figures are invalid because they are not updated every time a plane takes off and lands is spurious and hair splitting. The figures are patently not 'nonsense' as you claimed.

My guess is that if the figures hadn't come from Grayling and been supported by myself, two of the supposedly anti-Australian bad guys, then you wouldn't have had any issue with them, but because of their source you have taken it on yourself to see them as some sort of veiled attack on Australia.

Well there not. They are just government supplied numbers that say for every 100 who arrive from the UK, 24 leave. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 7:47 pm
ABCDiamond

They are just government supplied numbers that say for every 100 who arrive from the UK, 24 leave. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Actually, if you refer to all arrivals from the UK, on all visa's...

Movements by Country of Birth for the Financial Year 2007-08
UK
1,317,419 Total Arrivals
1,284,986 Total Departures (97.5%)

All countries
11,903,935 Total Arrivals
11,672,452 Total Departures (98.06%)

Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:15 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Actually, if you refer to all arrivals from the UK, on all visa's...

Movements by Country of Birth for the Financial Year 2007-08
UK
1,317,419 Total Arrivals
1,284,986 Total Departures (97.5%)

All countries
11,903,935 Total Arrivals
11,672,452 Total Departures (98.06%)
That of course would include tourist visas, working holiday, humanitarian, medical and other visas, I would presume?
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:49 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
I used to walk the dog on the beach....very enjoyable but after 25 times of doing the same beach I craved a forest, country lane, meadow, ....
I got so bored walking the dog down the same cycle path in drizzle where we used to live in the UK, I craved a beach and a bit of sunshine.

Different strokes, eh?
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:52 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That of course would include tourist visas, working holiday, humanitarian, medical and other visas, I would presume?
Correct, everyone

Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
I got so bored walking the dog down the same cycle path in drizzle where we used to live in the UK, I craved a beach and a bit of sunshine.

Different strokes, eh?
Well i took my dog for a walk on Shellharbour South beach today and now look like a reasonable impression of a Roma tomato.....

Sun cream... don't forget the sun cream.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:33 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Correct, everyone
Do I get a gold star or anything?
Well i took my dog for a walk on Shellharbour South beach today and now look like a reasonable impression of a Roma tomato.....

Sun cream... don't forget the sun cream.
Same here. We took the kids kayaking today and even with a healthy slathering of SPF 30 I'm a lovely shade of crimson. I blame my husband. Not that he did anything, but I have to blame someone.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:35 pm
Account Closed

Stop trying to be a smart arse. Your claim that the figures are invalid because they are not updated every time a plane takes off and lands is spurious and hair splitting. The figures are patently not 'nonsense' as you claimed.

My guess is that if the figures hadn't come from Grayling and been supported by myself, two of the supposedly anti-Australian bad guys, then you wouldn't have had any issue with them, but because of their source you have taken it on yourself to see them as some sort of veiled attack on Australia.

Well there not. They are just government supplied numbers that say for every 100 who arrive from the UK, 24 leave. Nothing more. Nothing less.
I would venture you are attempting to be the smartarse .
I made the factual statement that the figures are inaccurate, which you have since agreed with. you have banged on ever since.
you need to lighten up mate
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:50 pm
Still alive

Last warning before this thread is closed and posters get sent to the naughty corner for a couple of weeks. When I ask nicely for people to knock it off I mean knock it off now.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 3:03 pm
ABCDiamond

How about a

Old Feb 1st 2009, 3:09 pm
Account Closed

Same here. We took the kids kayaking today and even with a healthy slathering of SPF 30 I'm a lovely shade of crimson. I blame my husband. Not that he did anything, but I have to blame someone.
Take care, you can't have your kayak and heat it
Old Feb 1st 2009, 3:18 pm
Still alive

Now there's a man who knows how to take care of a woman. Giant diamonds without even having to be prompted.
Originally Posted by kporte
Take care, you can't have your kayak and heat it
Groan.