Please Read!!!

Old Jan 14th 2006, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of
Default Re: Please Read!!!

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
So he has been suspended, not sacked, fair enough, did the wrong thing and he knew it, so now has to pay the consequences.

Siren & Brian,

Yes, he was suspended at 11 o'clock yesterday morning pending disciplinary action.

Look, I really don't do this sort of thing for a laugh. He is a man of integrity, which I'm sure you'll agree is a fairly rare thing these days. A very capable Paramedic who I would want to visit my family if ever poorly. Just wanted to generate some support for an ordinary fella who made a mistake.

Dave.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 1:48 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart
Siren & Brian,

Yes, he was suspended at 11 o'clock yesterday morning pending disciplinary action.

Look, I really don't do this sort of thing for a laugh. He is a man of integrity, which I'm sure you'll agree is a fairly rare thing these days. A very capable Paramedic who I would want to visit my family if ever poorly. Just wanted to generate some support for an ordinary fella who made a mistake.

Dave.

The fact that he is a paramedic attending people and scenes that the rest of us would have nightmares over for the rest of our lives entitles him to a slip up and for it not to effect the rest of his and his families life.

He gets my backing!
Old Jan 14th 2006, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

LauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really nice

Please mod. Leave this on for a while.... (ORIGINALLY POSTED IN AUSTRALIA FORUM)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

Please forgive me for posting this here but I need your help. Firstly, this has nothing to do with immigration, but everything to do with friendship and this forum has as much to do with friendship as immigration. As I type there is a bit of an injustice going on in the form of a damn good Paramedic about to get the bullet.

He has been my best friend for 12 years and, as many of you have seen in the press or on TV has made a huge mistake by doing what he did.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/show_a....php?aID=41177

http://www.shropshirestar.com/show_a....php?aID=41277

It's not common knowledge but he has been suspended as from 11 am today.
The press has hung drawn and quartered him. If you can click the link below and just post your support (no registration required) I would be eternally grateful.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/featur...opic.php?t=318

Please be aware that all the national newspapers are currenly watching this thread as are Shropshire Ambulance Service management and concerned staff.

MODERATOR: Please, I know I'm infringing the rules here but if I posted in the less frequented rooms, then no one will see this. Please delay the moving of this thread.

Kind regards,

Flash.
I've signed it. Hope it helps.
Laura
Old Jan 14th 2006, 5:11 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I am afraid to say I agree with Siren. While he might be a lovely guy and a great paramedic, he broke the rules and should face the music. I am sure all the posters supporting him would change their tune if no ambulance was available for a seriously ill loved one and it turned out this was the reason.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 6:09 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm really really sorry LF...but I have to agree with Siren and Brian and northernbird.

Your mate is obviously a really good friend of yours. And goodness knows sometimes the press leave a lot to be desired, but as you've already said, your mate realises what he's done is wrong i.e.he has apparently provided an admission of guilt.

I'm not saying no one makes mistakes in life, we are human and make plenty, but he knew his job and he did wrong. *What if* someones dad/mum/kid/brother died as a result of an ambulance not being available? Of course in this case there were probably lots, but *what if* another irresponsible paramedic does it in the future and this is the case?

Regardless of the press, regardless that he is probably a lovely friend of yours, he did wrong and should have known what he was doing was wrong. Very wrong. If you take the emotion out of it .....and look at it logically, what choice do the powers that be have to stop this re-occurring?

Going by what I've read [and this may not be the full facts] your mate was wrong. If these are the full facts, then he has to accept his responsibilities. He was in a VERY responsible role and so suffers the consequences of his stupidity. On the other hand, if the facts are not all here, and he is innocent then I hope the tribunal will re-instate him into his rightful position.

I also hope the Dr's and nurses who took the lift in the taxi are also reprimanded accordingly. They too are adults who acted irresponsibly.

Anyone can make mistakes, no one is denying that. However at the end of the day your friend was stupid [if he did what is reported] and he potentially put others life at risk for his stupidity. If you take the emotion out of all this, he will probably realise himself that his credibility is now seriously in question and this will make his position untenable

I'm really, really sorry to hear about your friend. It must be heartbreaking to see someone go through this due to one stupid mistake [if that is what's happened]. And you must be feeling really down to go to all this trouble on behalf of your mate. He has a very good friend in you LF.

If he's a good mate, then he needs your support and empathy.....not sympathy.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 7:01 am
DAMN.........I'M GOOD

BRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond repute

Clicked and read Lordflashheart. Don't know if it will help or not but left my support & comment.

"Good God !!! What a load of miserable moaning sods. These guys see and deal with situations I could only dread to imagine. (My wife and I have always said and still maintaine the fact that EVERYONE in the Medical Front deserve the highest accolade available and all should have their wage structure doubled if not trebled, and then, still compare it to the snivelling greedy sportsmens/womens pay deals).

No ones life was lost or was at any stage in danger so whats the problem, yes they did (slightly) abuse the situation but as in all jobs, there's always a "perk" and they used theirs. I don't think though, they will be doing it again.
"

We all know its inevitable, because the authorities will have to set an example, so .....good luck and hope the guy(s) don't get punished too harshly !!

BRICKY ADE and Family

Last edited by BRICKY ADE; Jan 14th 2006 at 7:07 am.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 8:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BRICKY ADE
"Good God !!! What a load of miserable moaning sods.
Why..cos we have an opinion

I hope you or your family never have a delayed ambulance because a mate who's a consientious ambulance driver and a few Dr's and nurses take an ambulance ......as a taxi after a piss up.

These guys see and deal with situations I could only dread to imagine .
Yep....they are Dr's, Nurses and Ambulence crew.....that's what they are paid to do.

Following this logic, maybe Firemen should be able to take the odd fire engine or Police should take the odd cop car out when they are on a piss up too?

My wife and I have always said and still maintaine the fact that EVERYONE in the Medical Front deserve the highest accolade available and all should have their wage structure doubled if not trebled, and then, still compare it to the snivelling greedy sportsmens/womens pay deals).
The highest accolade possible for these dedicated people is that they save others lives. They take an oath to say this is their most important responsibility.

Potentially putting others lives at risk was irresponsible and their pay was not in question.

The pay of sports people Vs the medical provision is nothing to do with this situation. These arguments are valid, but in this instance they serve to muddy the waters. Pay and job "worth" do not detract from the fact responsible people potentially put others lives at risk.

Is it OK to do what he did cos his pay was crap and he don't get what he was worth? [ditto Dr's /Nurses]

No ones life was lost or was at any stage in danger so whats the problem
So lets allow ambulance, police and firemen to take their vehicles as a taxi in future. Lets just keep our fingers crossed that no-one else needs the ambulance, police car or fire engine whilst they are on their way home. Lets just hope no one dies or gets robbed or burnt down as a result of it. Cos then it'll be OK

yes they did (slightly) abuse the situation
They either abused the situation or they didn't. They didn't slightly abuse it.

but as in all jobs, there's always a "perk" and they used theirs.
A Paramedic, Dr or Nurse does not have an amulance as a perk of a job

I don't think though, they will be doing it again. "
Neither do I.
I suspect the Paramedic's contract would have stated it is a dismissal offence to use an ambulance for private use. Not a first written warning, not a second written warning...but dismissal. I would imagine it would have been clearly stated within his contract.

It seems he may lose his job through one stupid mistake and it was his call.

Luckily no one died as a result of his stupidity. Had they done, he would have had this on his conscience too
Old Jan 14th 2006, 8:17 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Luckily no one died as a result of his stupidity. Had they done, he would have had this on his conscience too
I'm sure .... HAD they have got a shout, there would have been a bunch of peed up people dumped on a street corner.

He was stupid "yes" but to sack him over it is just ridiculous.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 8:26 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
So he has been suspended, not sacked, fair enough, did the wrong thing and he knew it, so now has to pay the consequences.
Agreed.

People have been sacked for less and this bloke never put other peoples lives at risk - another NHS employee.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/4566400.stm

Lordflasheart, sorry not to sign, I am sure what will happen will happen anyway.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 8:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sel
I'm sure .... HAD they have got a shout, there would have been a bunch of peed up people dumped on a street corner.

He was stupid "yes" but to sack him over it is just ridiculous.
He hasn't has his case heard yet Sel...so we don't know what the outcome will be. There may be other mitigating facts

To take up your point though....what choice have the bosses got but to dismiss if he did use the ambulance as a taxi?

If he gets a written warning then in effect they would be saying it's OK to do this just once. This will send out a message that it's OK to be irresponsible on the one occasion.

Any other Paramedic found doing the same thing will use this as a test case and say "he did it...and got away with a warning...so why can't I"....and that would be an impossible situation I reckon. So it could be a no win situation. Who knows

It is a shame. One stupid mistake and then this. But we are adults and we make our choices in life...then we live with em. Good and crap. We live with the consequences
Old Jan 14th 2006, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he did make a mistake and thankfully no member of the public suffered from his actions. However, is it in the publice best interest to sack him? Nobody disputes that he is in the wrong but surely there are other ways to deal with this other than by sacking him? Have added my comments as I feel that losing his job is not the answer to this one. Hope he keeps his job, it shouldn't come down to a result from trial by the press.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Why..cos we have an opinion

I hope you or your family never have a delayed ambulance because a mate who's a consientious ambulance driver and a few Dr's and nurses take an ambulance ......as a taxi after a piss up.

Yep....they are Dr's, Nurses and Ambulence crew.....that's what they are paid to do.

Following this logic, maybe Firemen should be able to take the odd fire engine or Police should take the odd cop car out when they are on a piss up too?

The highest accolade possible for these dedicated people is that they save others lives. They take an oath to say this is their most important responsibility.

Potentially putting others lives at risk was irresponsible and their pay was not in question.

The pay of sports people Vs the medical provision is nothing to do with this situation. These arguments are valid, but in this instance they serve to muddy the waters. Pay and job "worth" do not detract from the fact responsible people potentially put others lives at risk.

Is it OK to do what he did cos his pay was crap and he don't get what he was worth? [ditto Dr's /Nurses]

So lets allow ambulance, police and firemen to take their vehicles as a taxi in future. Lets just keep our fingers crossed that no-one else needs the ambulance, police car or fire engine whilst they are on their way home. Lets just hope no one dies or gets robbed or burnt down as a result of it. Cos then it'll be OK

They either abused the situation or they didn't. They didn't slightly abuse it.

A Paramedic, Dr or Nurse does not have an amulance as a perk of a job

Neither do I.
I suspect the Paramedic's contract would have stated it is a dismissal offence to use an ambulance for private use. Not a first written warning, not a second written warning...but dismissal. I would imagine it would have been clearly stated within his contract.

It seems he may lose his job through one stupid mistake and it was his call.

Obviously you are entitled to you opinion, but some of the things you have written here makes me think that you've not read the thread on the forum. This is just a small excerp taken from that forum but answers alot of your concerns.

>>
1. The crew were authorised to be in the area.
2. They transported several individuals without permission or knowledge of the ambulance service.
3. The vehicle was never unavailable for response at any point.
4. Patient care was NOT compromised at any point.
5. There was another vehicle in the area at the time.
6. They were returning to station and did not at any point deviate from that route.
<<
Old Jan 14th 2006, 8:36 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

I've added my comments. Hope this sorry situation gets resolved quickly.

Gill
Old Jan 14th 2006, 8:39 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Obviously you are entitled to you opinion, but some of the things you have written here makes me think that you've not read the thread on the forum. This is just a small excerp taken from that forum but answers alot of your concerns.

>>
1. The crew were authorised to be in the area.
2. They transported several individuals without permission or knowledge of the ambulance service.
3. The vehicle was never unavailable for response at any point.
4. Patient care was NOT compromised at any point.
5. There was another vehicle in the area at the time.
6. They were returning to station and did not at any point deviate from that route.
<<
I think the real issue here is the fact the press have got hold of this story and have held onto it like a dog to a bone.

The bosses now are in a difficult situation of what do they do and how do they do it, so it does not happen again and deters others.

I do sympathise but I believe they are going to make him an example.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
I think the real issue here is the fact the press have got hold of this story and have held onto it like a dog to a bone.

The bosses now are in a difficult situation of what do they do and how do they do it, so it does not happen again and deters others.

I do sympathise but I believe they are going to make him an example.

That's what we're all afraid of Merlotsmum. As things stand he's looking at a 2 week suspension BEFORE he's even disciplined.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.