Wikiposts

plants experts

Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:29 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light
Default plants experts

Got a couple plants in the garden that I would like to know what they are... any guesses. Almost pulled the red and yellow one out when there was no flowers on thinking it was a weed
Attached Thumbnails plants experts-img_0075.jpg   plants experts-img_0077.jpg  
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: plants experts

I'm definitely not an expert, but I think that the red and yellow one might be lantana, a noxious weed, see http://www.weeds.org.au/WoNS/lantana/resources.htm#fs. Does it smell horrible and has it had little black berries?

Last edited by HelenTD; Mar 16th 2011 at 3:45 am.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:27 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Thx for that. I had a look at the various lantanas and the leaves are much different.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mic n mat
Got a couple plants in the garden that I would like to know what they are... any guesses. Almost pulled the red and yellow one out when there was no flowers on thinking it was a weed
Don't know the first, but the second one is Mexican heather or Cuphea. Great ground cover plant. Keep it.

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...sopifolia.html

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Mar 16th 2011 at 12:31 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

The first one is absolutely not lantana. We've spent 5 years trying to kill off about ab acre of the bloody stuff - it's horrible and smothers whole trees and everything else.

However, I think I've found your plant
http://www.hear.org/starr/images/ima...-2141&o=plants
http://florabase.calm.wa.gov.au/browse/profile/6580

and it appears that it is a weed in Australia.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 2:21 am
Banned

Brilliant! Thx guys.

I suspected it was a weed as no book I could find had it. Looks like my yard is full of weeds but not weed just tomatoes

Last edited by furbacchione; Mar 17th 2011 at 2:23 am.