Planking???

Old May 16th 2011, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planking???

Young men seem to have a death wish. Or a cog in the brain missing.

2 more here on friday night killed, speeding - smashed into some tree, car turns into 20 meter high fireball while they are still in it.

Thats 5 kids dead all gone the same way ( cars friday nights ) within a 3 minute walk from kids high school.

Planking, speeding, hi rise balcony jumping - always boys 15 - 20

They never learn from it either, the kids killed in cars are local heros wings, tatts, cars dedicated to them.
Old May 16th 2011, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cresta57
It's still a good piece of advice regardless. One more silly planker, dead the average intellect of Brisbane just went up
Our forefather fought for the rights of these guys to grow up plankers

That is a bit low, he was a typical 20 year old out mucking around with his mates. Anyones son can end up doing a stupid thing, it does not however mean they are stupid.

What a waste of a life for himself and his poor family.
Old May 16th 2011, 3:30 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaj
That is a bit low, he was a typical 20 year old out mucking around with his mates. Anyones son can end up doing a stupid thing, it does not however mean they are stupid.

I agree. Very sad
Old May 16th 2011, 7:20 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not low at all he was being a bloody idiot, he fell, he died. Lucky for us he didn't land on a anyone else. Do you really thing typical 20 yr olds do that sort of thing every day? Nope, just the Darwinian ones! He wasted his life & yet while he was dying, due to his own stupidity, a very good friend of mine was taking his last breath. His wasn't a wasted life, he lived it to the full, fought in three wars, raised five wonderful kids, yet died an agonising death due to bone cancer that he couldn't receive appropriate treatment for. He died in agony after fighting for the right for this ****wit to lie on the rail of a 7th story veranda fall & kill himself. What a complete waste I agree 100%, it's a shame lives are not transferable because I'm sure there are far more worthy people cut down in their prime while other feckless, ****wits chose to waste theirs
I'll save my sympathies for those that deserve them thanks.
Old May 16th 2011, 8:10 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Is it cos I'm getting old? Or cos I'm just missing the point? Am I the only one reading this stuff about some craze called "planking"and thinking....

WHY?!!!

Planking involves a person lying face down in, on, over or across various objects, and online communities have sprung up for plankers who want to share their plank-related antics with each other.
Facebook page Planking Australia has more than 8700 supporters and hundreds of photos of people lying on desks, train tracks, escalators, Eskies, fire hydrants, motorbikes, and other plankers. One intrepid planker has even posted a photo of himself planking at the historical ruins of Petra, Jordan.
But closer to home, one 20-year-old Gladstone man found himself in a spot of trouble when he was allegedly found indulging in the pastime on a local police car last night.
I am trying to start a new fad called "Boner-Totter-ing" where you balance yourself on your erect penis
Old May 16th 2011, 8:18 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
God Almighty, some of the things I did, while young and drunk, would have been on a par with what went on here.
Only the GOOD die young,see you at the end of the trail
Old May 16th 2011, 8:22 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

It's not low at all he was being a bloody idiot, he fell, he died. Lucky for us he didn't land on a anyone else. Do you really thing typical 20 yr olds do that sort of thing every day? Nope, just the Darwinian ones! He wasted his life & yet while he was dying, due to his own stupidity, a very good friend of mine was taking his last breath. His wasn't a wasted life, he lived it to the full, fought in three wars, raised five wonderful kids, yet died an agonising death due to bone cancer that he couldn't receive appropriate treatment for. He died in agony after fighting for the right for this ****wit to lie on the rail of a 7th story veranda fall & kill himself. What a complete waste I agree 100%, it's a shame lives are not transferable because I'm sure there are far more worthy people cut down in their prime while other feckless, ****wits chose to waste theirs
Sorry for your loss....

I agree that most of us have done silly things when young and drunk, but this is such a stupid craze. Yes it's just a bit of fun and harmless when people 'plank', except people are trying to outdo each other by planking on higher and more dangerous buildings/objects. It's such a waste of a life. And this guy's poor family has to deal with this awful situation now, which must be so much harder knowing it was so preventable.

Not to mention the poor cops (my mates - I wasn't working that night so it wasn't me) who had to go to the job and find a young man who'd fallen 7 stories to his death. It's not a pretty sight and not something you want to have to go to (and it'd be a big job too).

It certainly seems to be a big craze though. We had several people planking in unsafe places (on top of a car, on top of a lamp post) in the last couple of days just in my (work) area (as well as the guy who died doing it).
Old May 16th 2011, 10:06 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

whichever way we look at it, its someones son that died and most of us with kids know how stupid they can be in a moment of madness. Wacky bakky and drink sometimes play a part too. He was stupid for sure, but didn't deserve to die.

RIP whoever you are mate.
Old May 16th 2011, 10:18 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder of they will 'plank' his coffin on top of the hearse
Old May 17th 2011, 12:34 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Many of us have done silly, risky things in our younger years that we would never consider repeating today. I'm confident that both you and your poor mate could also share one or two incidents where you took silly risks and you were lucky to come out the other end in one piece.

So why not put a sock in it.
Old May 17th 2011, 12:58 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
Many of us have done silly, risky things in our younger years that we would never consider repeating today. I'm confident that both you and your poor mate could also share one or two incidents where you took silly risks and you were lucky to come out the other end in one piece.

So why not put a sock in it.
He has a right to have no sympathy with fools and he also has a right to say so.

Yeh, we've all done stupid things and some people pay the price for doing them. At least this lemming won't breed.

Moral of the story, do less stupid things and you might survive.
Old May 17th 2011, 2:11 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
He has a right to have no sympathy with fools and he also has a right to say so.

Yeh, we've all done stupid things and some people pay the price for doing them. At least this lemming won't breed.

Moral of the story, do less stupid things and you might survive.
I agree that he has a right to say so. We are fortunate enough to have the right to say all manner of pleasant and unpleasant things.

What frustrates me is that I don't think he would say those things if something like that happened to a member of his family, or a friend's family.....and I'm 99% sure he wouldn't be insensitive enough to say something like that to the victim's mother, face to face. Yet he's happy enough to post that way on an internet forum.
Old May 17th 2011, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

There are two categories of actions while pissed: stupid and *****ing retarded.

Going for a ride in a shopping trolley down a steep hill is one of the above. Trying to balance on a narrow balcony railing 7 floors up is the other. Try to guess which is which.

While the bloke that fell evidently wasn't the brightest bunny in the box, what were his mates doing? (other than trying to take photos to upload to facebook) and should they be locked up?

Cheers

LG
Old May 17th 2011, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could say I feel sorry for the 20-year-old guy, but I couldn't. I feel sad for his family and the police who now have to deal with the mess.

Will young people ever learn from all these unneccessary deaths, or should we just let Darwinism run its course?

Mrs JTL
Old May 17th 2011, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
whichever way we look at it, its someones son that died and most of us with kids know how stupid they can be in a moment of madness. Wacky bakky and drink sometimes play a part too. He was stupid for sure, but didn't deserve to die.

RIP whoever you are mate.
agree 100% good post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.