Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

places to take your kids

places to take your kids

Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:02 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default places to take your kids

We have a 2 and 3 yr old.

It's hard to think where to take them alot of the time, and although I hate McDonald's etc (for their food and blatant marketing to children), I have to admit the ones with McCafe's are good to take the kids to so they can play.

The other places:
AQWA marine thing in Hillaries ($25 per adult though).
Fun Factory in Midland. Kids playground.
Snakes and Ladders: Another kids play place like Fun Factory, but alot smaller, in Thornlie (where we live).
The paddling area at Hillaries. Have to be so careful though, so not good for stress levels.
Little playgrounds that are dotted all over Perth. Not good when it's too hot/sunny though.
The Kings Park kids playground.
Reptile Centre near Kelmscott. Expensive and not too much to see really. Only do it once a year.
Whitfords park wildlife place.... brilliant, and the kids can touch/feed the kangaroos/ducks/rabbits/donkey etc.
The Zoo of course.
Serpentine Dam.... free and brilliant if you take down wild bird seed for all the 28's that mob you. Kids love it for 30 min.
There's nice little playground on the river off the 'embankment', near the bridge.

erm, probably more I could think of, but do you have any other suggestions?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: places to take your kids

I hate maccas too but they do do a lot of good with their Ronald McDonald kids charity.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:04 am
Naughty but nice...

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Is this Perth only, or is anyone allowed to join in?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:08 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

There's a lovely park in Applecross (Heathcote Park) that has a large Pirate ship - my kids love it there. You can take a pinic or you can BBQ and there's a cafe too. Overlooks the Swan River.
If your kids are too young though there's a smaller play area under shade sails.