Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Places to GO/SEE in Perth/WA

Places to GO/SEE in Perth/WA

Old Oct 1st 2008, 5:07 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Places to GO/SEE in Perth/WA

We drove out to York for the first time on Monday. It's a pleasant little town about an hour east of Perth.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:47 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I went to Legoland in Surrey once, it was sh*t, I went there again in July this year, it was even more sh*t.
Went back to UK this year (our first of our annual sabbatical for the grandkids) and I must admit Legoland was the one thing that made me think think how awful UK was. Truely truely awful and an absolute rip off.

Anyway....

$8 this weekend to do the Valley of the Giants tree top walk at Walpole and it was one of the best value hour or so I've ever spent. They should charge double.
Also helicopter trip over Albany and the coast - again a little more than $8 but still worth every penny.

PS These are NOT day trips from Perth (but then nor are many others suggested on here!)
Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Bag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant future

We did the treetop walk in Valley of the Giants too. I agree it was brilliant and well worth it. Kids ran on ahead while OH and I gripped the handrails and went slowly with me calling feebly to the children to be careful !!!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kez81
Were going to Jurien bay on Friday never been before looking forward to it.
Went in February. A must do down there is swimming with the sea lions. It's fantastic. Of all the things we have done over here that is definitely one of the best. Spent about 2 hours in the sea with the sea lions just swimming around us and jumping over us, amazing
Tracie
Old Oct 1st 2008, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Amazulu
We drove out to York for the first time on Monday. It's a pleasant little town about an hour east of Perth.
God, we went there last year, took us 2 hours to get there and it was all shut. The one and only pub wasn't serving any food, so went to IGA and filled up on shite. Got back in the car and drove home. Not a great day out
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
God, we went there last year, took us 2 hours to get there and it was all shut. The one and only pub wasn't serving any food, so went to IGA and filled up on shite. Got back in the car and drove home. Not a great day out
We went there earlier this year and most places were shut. Won't bother going again, the most exciting part of the journey was driving at 110km/h through all the bends.
One place which is good for nice walks is Wungong Dam near Armadale. Lots of black cockatoos, wallabies, etc. Great place to exercise a dog. Loads of parking, bbqs and a few toilet blocks and generally we're the only people there!!!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:57 pm
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice

The Serpentine National Park is a good one. Take a picnic and stuff for the barbie and some ginger nuts for the 28's. There's dams and waterfalls and all sorts up there. There is also the historical town of Jarrahdale.

Boat show in Mandurah 9-12 Oct

Red Bull Air Race in Perth 1 & 2 Nov
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Done the prison visit last year, the night one too. Very interesting. I wouldn't go again, unless it was to take visiting family or friends
......and leave them there ????
Old Dec 28th 2008, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am heading there on Saturday for a week, fantastic place with loads to do.
I have never been to Kalbarri but thinking to go this week as I have holiday. Do you think it is worth to drive that far up just to see Kalbarri, especially now at school holidays?
Old Dec 28th 2008, 6:45 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthine
I have never been to Kalbarri but thinking to go this week as I have holiday. Do you think it is worth to drive that far up just to see Kalbarri, especially now at school holidays?
It will be very hot up there but we loved it too and would definetely go again.
Exmouth and Ningaloo Reef is the place to go for a longer trip - well worth it!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sme
It will be very hot up there but we loved it too and would definetely go again.
Exmouth and Ningaloo Reef is the place to go for a longer trip - well worth it!
Having been to both Kalbarri & Exmouth I think it's definitely worth travelling the extra k's and going to Exmouth/Coral Bay.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
Having been to both Kalbarri & Exmouth I think it's definitely worth travelling the extra k's and going to Exmouth/Coral Bay.
Even just for 5 days?
Old Dec 28th 2008, 9:28 am
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

We drove hours to get to York and when we got there there was just one street with a few closed shops on and a terrible pub!

The whole place took about 10 mins to get round.Prefer the York in the UK!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Perthine
Even just for 5 days?
5 days could be tight with the driving each way - what about Denham/Monkey Mia?
Old Dec 30th 2008, 12:07 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
I agree with you - alot more k's than kalbarri though - I had it in mind that Kalbarri was 2/3 of the way to Exmouth - was I shocked!!!!!

FWIW I prefered Exmouth to Coral Bay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.