Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Places to GO/SEE in Perth/WA

Places to GO/SEE in Perth/WA

Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:23 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Places to GO/SEE in Perth/WA

List on this thread all the places that are worth seeing (even if it is just once) in Perth/WA. No side-tracking please on speed-limits etc. Let's just try and be pro-active and make a great list of cool places to go.

Beaches (obviously)... personal faves are Scarborough and Cottesloe. At Cottesloe there is a great Gelati place on the other side of the road. Cottesloe is better if you don't like sand, as it has some grass terraces. Scarborough is better for boogie-boarding and surfing (better waves). If you haven't tried boogie-boarding (tea-bagging) then give it a try.

Snorkelling: another brilliant thing to try. Best places I`ve found so far are Mettems Pool (just north of Trigg beach iirc) and Green's Pool (down south, on the way to Albany). If you want to see Manta rays, basking sharks and tropical fish.... head to those two. Isolated from the Ocean by some rocks and coral, so pretty safe.

Mandurah: Probably my fave place to go. Has a cool fun-fair if you have the money, and a nice walk along the shore. If you like Dolphins, you'll see them in the Estuary. You can hire a small boat for not too much money, and spend an hour or more out in the Estuary where you may have Dolphins following you.

Fremantle: A great place with a cool vibe. Some very interesting shops, the markets etc. Nice to walk near the wharf and get some good fish and chips as well.

Armadale Reptile Centre (near Kelmscott). All kinds of spiders and repltiles, including a huge Boa Constrictor you can 'play' with. Had a Crocodile last time I was there, but don't know if he stayed.

AQWA - Underwater World place at Hillary's Boat Harbour.

Hillary's Boat Harbour: Great markets there, a protected beack for the kids to paddle/swim in, trampolines etc.

Albany: On the way down to this quaint town you can go to the Tree Top Walk, the Natural Bridge, Greens Pool etc etc.

Kings Park. Not alot to do there, but worth a visit just for the views.

Perth city. Just for shopping really. Mostly the same shops as in your local shopping centre, but it looks alot more interesting.

Sci-Tech. Haven't been there myself yet, but others say it's good.

Perth Museum.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:27 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Places to GO/SEE in Perth/WA

I have been to Sci-Tech. Was good, but one visit is enough really.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Unless you have a 4yo. He would live in there if he could!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:06 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Whiteman Park and Caversham Animal Park

Botanical Golf, Wanneroo

Gilderton and Moore River

Lanclin

Supa golf and the Sawn Valley

Rottenest

Indoor Karting at O’Connor

Margaret River

The Caves on Caves Raod - Jewel Cave is excellent

Busselton

Guilford

Get yourself a copy of the Entertainment Book its full of BOG OF offers on entry/rides/trips and meals and up to 25% discounts. Excellent value at $60
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:20 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

One of the great things about Scitech is that they regularly change their exhibitions, so you could go a couple of times a year and always see something different. My Kids (and I) love Scitech.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:41 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by renth
One of the great things about Scitech is that they regularly change their exhibitions, so you could go a couple of times a year and always see something different. My Kids (and I) love Scitech.
Well thats a good idea, because normally once you've been to see it, twice is never the same.
I did enjoy it, the kids did too. Reminds me of a place called Eureka back in UK (science museum)..actually went there 3 times, which in the end was enough. Cost too much in the end.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:44 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Well thats a good idea, because normally once you've been to see it, twice is never the same.
I did enjoy it, the kids did too. Reminds me of a place called Eureka back in UK (science museum)..actually went there 3 times, which in the end was enough. Cost too much in the end.
I went to Legoland in Surrey once, it was sh*t, I went there again in July this year, it was even more sh*t.

Fremantle prison is great, especially the night time tour.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:49 am
Account Closed

I went to Legoland in Surrey once, it was sh*t, I went there again in July this year, it was even more sh*t.

Done the prison visit last year, the night one too. Very interesting. I wouldn't go again, unless it was to take visiting family or friends for something to do.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely on our "must do soon" list
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:00 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yanchep - the lagoon is great for snorkeling

I think there is a national park at Yanchep too?

Mullallo Beach

Sorry Stormz but can I just say about Scarborough Beach for parents to closely supervise the little ones - there is a huge drop once you are in the water - bit of a shock if you don't know about it. But agree it is good for surfing
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:05 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Open top bus tour, Barrack ST Jetty - goes East to Burswood and West to King's Park. You can get off anywhere along the way and then get back on again. When we went, we were told we could reuse the tickets to travel another day.

Captain Cook cruise to Water's Edge Winery - excellant value if you're a wine drinker

West Australian Reptile Park (Henley Street, near Swan Valley Oasis and Supa Golf) small, family run business, lots of snakes, dingos and reptiles.

The Maze - Neaves Road.

Heathcote Park in Applecross - has a large Pirate ship which my kids love. Take a picnic, use the free BBQ's or there's a cafe for snacks. Overlooks the Swan River - lovely, free day out!

Last edited by nightnurse2; Nov 29th 2007 at 6:12 am.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Places to GO/SEE in Perth/WA

Fremantle prison was fab, we took our son who was 3 and half at the time and he still talks about it now, we went in March. It was a day tour not a night one!!

Hillarys was just perfect, came back to UK and went to Dymchurch.....totally depressed.lol

Whitemans park was cool. Son loved feeding kangaroos.

Went to Perth Zoo, it was ok but think i prefered Whitemans park.

Only went for 2 weeks so havent seen that much.

Nickie
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:24 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go - some FREE stuff happening in the Northern Burbs over Christmas and New Year

Joondalup Sunset Markets 7th Dec to 7th March
Summer Concerts 7/12, 18/12 and 07/03

Check out for more info: http://www.joondalup.wa.gov.au/cms/t...grp.asp?id=339

White Christmas in Mindarie 2nd December
Arts and Craft Market in Wanneroo 16th December
The Robbie Williams Experience at Sommerly, Clarkson 12th Jan

and many other events, check out http://www.wanneroo.wa.gov.au/script...t.asp?NID=2741

Nobody as any excuse to be bored over Christmas
Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough

Ever so slightly further away, but well worth it:

Monkey Mia resort up north where the dolphins come in & get fed every day - if you do go, make sure you do Leon's tour of shark bay - he's called the Steve Irwin of shark bay (looks nothing like him tho!). It's amazing & he's so into it & knows so much.
Exmouth & the Ningaloo reef IS heaven on earth!! Could have stayed there forever snorkling over the reef........

Cape le Grand national park in Esperance is beautiful apart from the arsey roo's on the beach that try & eat your packed lunch

Last edited by katamina; Nov 29th 2007 at 8:16 am.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:54 am
i want some cake

niknak01 will become famous soon enoughniknak01 will become famous soon enough

the depature lounge at the airport best bit about perth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.