Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Pitbulls should be banned.

Pitbulls should be banned.

Old Aug 11th 2013, 1:48 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pitbulls should be banned.

Originally Posted by smvh
i was of the same opinion as most of the idiots on this thread when my husband told me he was getting a staff, i also said i would never allow one of those dogs into my home near my children, education is the key here, how can you possibly comment on a particular breed unless you have first hand experience with one, we have had 2 staffs the first fella unfortunately died and i had no qualms about getting another. we have her 4 years now, we are heading to australia in a few weeks and he have a list of people who want to take her. she is the most loving, affectionate,playful and loyal dog i have ever come across. we will be bringing her with us we could not live without her. so before you tar all breeds with the one brush do your research first.
Who are these idiots?

By the way, this thread does not relate to "all breeds".
Old Aug 11th 2013, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Who are these idiots?

By the way, this thread does not relate to "all breeds".
Need you ask?
Old Aug 12th 2013, 2:29 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smvh
i was of the same opinion as most of the idiots on this thread when my husband told me he was getting a staff, i also said i would never allow one of those dogs into my home near my children, education is the key here, how can you possibly comment on a particular breed unless you have first hand experience with one, we have had 2 staffs the first fella unfortunately died and i had no qualms about getting another. we have her 4 years now, we are heading to australia in a few weeks and he have a list of people who want to take her. she is the most loving, affectionate,playful and loyal dog i have ever come across. we will be bringing her with us we could not live without her. so before you tar all breeds with the one brush do your research first.
I've had this argument put to me on another thread about one of Adelaide's worst suburbs Elizabeth. I was told that I shouldn't comment on it unless I had first-hand experience (i.e. living there). What is so very silly about this argument is the way it dismisses the notion of research completely. We would all agree that we don't need actually to throw ourselves out of a moving car to know it's going to hurt, and neither do we need to own a dangerous dog or live in a rough suburb to know what it's like. I understand from my research that Staffies (Englishm not American) are in fact not particularly dangerous, but the problem is their similarity to pit bulls and how some people exploit that by renaming pit bulls as Staffies, etc.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

It may be less provocative to call an argument or point of view that you personally don't agree with something other than "Silly"

continuously labelling other peoples points of view as "silly"

makes you look... well, a little silly
Old Aug 12th 2013, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Surely you can have a debate without calling people idiots or silly???

Old Aug 12th 2013, 8:16 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Surely you can have a debate without calling people idiots or silly???

I'm certain of it.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 12:34 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Again. A thirteen year old boy has been attacked by a dog, believed to be an American bulldog, in the UK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...og-attack.html
Old Aug 20th 2013, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Again. A thirteen year old boy has been attacked by a dog, believed to be an American bulldog, in the UK.

The dog was given to the family two or three days ago and the boy visiting was provoking the dog and was told to stop.It seems to me that we need to also educate people about how to act with dogs.Very sad.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 1:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by petensue
The dog was given to the family two or three days ago and the boy visiting was provoking the dog and was told to stop.It seems to me that we need to also educate people about how to act with dogs.Very sad.
agreed...
Old Aug 20th 2013, 2:00 am
Not actually a squirrel

I agree. There is no place for cruelty (including provocation) when it comes to animals. In this instance, either the dog or the boy should have been removed from the situation. Particularly since the nature of the dog was unknown. It would be interesting to know why the previous owners of the dog gave it away.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. There is no place for cruelty (including provocation) when it comes to animals. In this instance, either the dog or the boy should have been removed from the situation. Particularly since the nature of the dog was unknown. It would be interesting to know why the previous owners of the dog gave it away.
I remember a case where a baby was killed by a rottie and it turns out that the dog was given to the step dad in a pub because it had already bitten some else! It does not take a lot of sense to see the wrong in that!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 6:24 am
Banned

As we know, some breeds are more dangerous than others, and one of the trademarks of these breeds is that they won't stop - this one appears to have been kicked and hit with a shovel but it still attacked the boy. In the end it had to be shot so the paramedics could get to work. It's the same breeds over and over again.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 6:32 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

This
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:05 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
True, but it's not unlike saying we need to educate kids on how to handle shotguns, and then leave a loaded one by the fireplace. It's just tempting fate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.