British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Pistorius. Guilty or not? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/pistorius-guilty-not-830821/)

Molly Coddle Apr 8th 2014 7:53 pm

Pistorius. Guilty or not?

Whilst I was out and about in my car today I listened to his trial on the radio.
I have to say he sounded very convincing when reenacting the moment he shot his girlfriend.

So after today I've come to the conclusion he's either innocent or a damn good actor.

Has anyone else been following it? What are your thoughts?

Kim67 Apr 8th 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Pistorius. Guilty or not?

My opinion - Guilty as, but genuinely remorseful for what he's done. Angry little ant that did something in a fit of rage and now has to live with the consequences.

Jilliebee Apr 8th 2014 9:24 pm

My opinion - absolutely guilty. Sick of his sniveling/crying 'poor me' act in court too!:sneaky:

Bernieboy Apr 8th 2014 9:25 pm

Guilty as fook,sniffly little shit.

renth Apr 8th 2014 10:02 pm

Guilty as hell but will get away with it as it's Africa.

Bermudashorts Apr 8th 2014 10:06 pm

Guilty as. I also think he will probably get away with it though as he is a popular sports figure.

The story is absurd, who doesn't glance at the person who should be sleeping beside them if they hear a strange noise in the house. If he sounds convincing then he is indeed a good actor.

asher Apr 8th 2014 10:55 pm

I agree with Bermudashorts

if you hear a noise in the house you always check where the person who is sleeping with you is or call them, your first thought is your partner only your second thought is burglars when you have accounted for your partners whereabouts and that it is not them making the noise.

he is guilty!!

Dorothy Apr 8th 2014 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle (Post 11210454)
Whilst I was out and about in my car today I listened to his trial on the radio.
I have to say he sounded very convincing when reenacting the moment he shot his girlfriend.

So after today I've come to the conclusion he's either innocent or a damn good actor.

Innocent? Of shooting his girlfriend 4 times while she cowered screaming behind the door? Put down the crack pipe there Molly. It's started to affect your judgement.

Jon77 Apr 8th 2014 11:36 pm

If it was up to the British Expat jury the McCann's would be doing time for killing their own daughter so I have no doubt that the British Expat jury will find Pistorius totally 100% innocent.

Beoz Apr 8th 2014 11:39 pm

As Dorothy said "Of shooting his girlfriend 4 times while she cowered screaming behind the door?"

Out of curiosity, was there a motive presented to the court? Seems an extreme thing to do without a decent motive.

GarryP Apr 9th 2014 12:19 am

Whilst I was out and about in my car today I listened to his trial on the radio. I have to say he sounded very convincing when reenacting the moment he shot his girlfriend.

Guilty

He's been coached by the best liars money can buy. The antics with the vomiting/etc. are all designed to stick a picture in a jury's mind of remorseful, innocent, man. Problem for him is, there is no jury - it's the judge only, who's seen this type of thing before.

Therefore, unless his family have managed to nobble the judge, I think he's going to be found guilty on the evidence (even if he didn't know it was his GF, it's still going to be manslaughter).

Amazulu Apr 9th 2014 12:49 am

He's probably guilty - but this is Africa, where rhythm and rhym are not always what they should be

He's got a smart lawyer, the best in the business. Without him, he's gone. With him he's got a chance

He's going to prison no matter what. It might not be for 1st degree but for a lesser offence

Swerv-o Apr 9th 2014 1:13 am

Originally Posted by GarryP (Post 11210778)
Guilty

He's been coached by the best liars money can buy. The antics with the vomiting/etc. are all designed to stick a picture in a jury's mind of remorseful, innocent, man. Problem for him is, there is no jury - it's the judge only, who's seen this type of thing before.

Therefore, unless his family have managed to nobble the judge, I think he's going to be found guilty on the evidence (even if he didn't know it was his GF, it's still going to be manslaughter).

Agreed Garry. The evidence, and his own admission, supports a manslaughter conviction at the very least.

S

Beoz Apr 9th 2014 2:06 am

Either way he's guilty, he shot her, he admits it. Its just a matter if its intentional on unintentional.

Kelli28 Apr 9th 2014 2:24 am

Guilty, without a doubt! He behaved like a jealous toddler with a gun, hope he gets everything he deserves. :fingerscrossed: