Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ping Pong Cricket Series 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

View Poll Results: Ping Pong Cricket Series 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?
Australia
40.00%
England
60.00%
Series Drawn
0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Ping Pong Cricket Series 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

Old Feb 6th 2011, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ping Pong Cricket Series 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
7 for 279 vs 10 for 222. Australia wins the final ODI.

http://i55.tinypic.com/21vgww.gif http://i54.tinypic.com/fdgexd.gif
Congrats Vash!

So Australia win by 7 matches to 2. (England won 1 T20 & 1 ODI)

World Cup around the corner. Should be interesting.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 11:17 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

7 for 279 vs 10 for 222. Australia wins the final ODI.

http://i55.tinypic.com/21vgww.gif http://i54.tinypic.com/fdgexd.gif
Can't argue with that, England have been very flat post-Ashes ... hope the World Cup will be a good one
Old Feb 6th 2011, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

They've got 4 days at home to shag themselves silly, gotta admit i'm a wee bit concerned about our world cup chances, the boys look over it at the mo
Old Feb 7th 2011, 12:34 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad I didn't go to the WACA yesterday - both teams looked like they didn't want to be there.

Australia looking good for 2nd pace in the World Cup that South Africa are going to win.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 4:07 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
They've got 4 days at home to shag themselves silly, gotta admit i'm a wee bit concerned about our world cup chances, the boys look over it at the mo
Who cares? One day international cricket is dead.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 4:15 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Burbage
Who cares? One day international cricket is dead.
I agree
how bloody daft having 7 ODIs after the Ashes and before the world cup.
how do they expect sportsmen to stay hyped up for that long?
I love test cricket, especially against Australia
Old Feb 7th 2011, 4:24 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu

Australia looking good for 2nd pace in the World Cup that South Africa are going to win.
Win in the subcontinent without a decent spinner?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 4:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
Win in the subcontinent without a decent spinner?
Botha is a decent one-day spinner.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 5:13 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Ping Pong Cricket Series 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum

Australia managed it. Can't see what the problem is.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 5:27 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Australia managed it. Can't see what the problem is.
yeah, in the same that Aussie thrashed us 5-0 in the prev ashes down under then lost the ODI series to us
Old Feb 7th 2011, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe England went out with the mindset that this one day series didn't matter, they would have loved to have won it. But i do believe that the whole preparation and aim of the tour was to win The Ashes. Ashes test cricket is the
highest achievement for both Australia and England, and after so much failure for many years in Australia, England probably let there focus slip after retaining The Ashes.
I would also say that Australia's batsmen look far more suited in general to the shorter forms of the game. Without an in form Pointing or Clarke and apart from Hussey no one looked capable of building an innings. Many were out playing limited over shots. England should keep Trott and Cook away from the limited overs game for this reason.
Well done to Australia but i can't see them winning the WC.

Last edited by papilon; Feb 7th 2011 at 5:48 am. Reason: didn't finish a sentence
Old Feb 7th 2011, 6:00 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
I agree
I love test cricket, especially against Australia
With you there, test cricket the greatest game on earth. The Aussies stayed hyped cos they had pride to salvage, the England team had done their job and were over it
Old Feb 7th 2011, 6:42 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Botha is a decent one-day spinner.
Don't tell me, he's South African?