Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

A picture paints a 1000 words.

A picture paints a 1000 words.

Old Apr 28th 2010, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default A picture paints a 1000 words.

Not sure whether I should be doing this, however I'll give it a go and see what the mods say.

Reason I'm posting this, is it shows the whole atmosphere re education, re kids, re schooling in inner Melbourne. The whole thing is summed up in one school year photo. I'm very happy with this photo of my sons year grade 6.

My boy is in the back right of the photo. Where else but Aus would you get kids in Trees in their year photos. Note the lack of uniform which is very common in this part of Melbourne. The School is a main feeder for one of the best schools in Aus, Uni High, which again has no Uniform.

Maybe the UK has similar places these days, it didnt when I left.

I hope this is passable. Because it says a lot.
Attached Thumbnails A picture paints a 1000 words.-scan0003.jpg  
Old Apr 28th 2010, 6:55 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A picture paints a 1000 words.

Nice photo Ozzie

My kids seem to do bugger all 'school' work at school...not sure if they are actually learning anything Must admit i'm not that impressed
Old Apr 28th 2010, 7:15 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Not sure whether I should be doing this, however I'll give it a go and see what the mods say.

Reason I'm posting this, is it shows the whole atmosphere re education, re kids, re schooling in inner Melbourne. The whole thing is summed up in one school year photo. I'm very happy with this photo of my sons year grade 6.

My boy is in the back right of the photo. Where else but Aus would you get kids in Trees in their year photos. Note the lack of uniform which is very common in this part of Melbourne. The School is a main feeder for one of the best schools in Aus, Uni High, which again has no Uniform.

Maybe the UK has similar places these days, it didnt when I left.

I hope this is passable. Because it says a lot.
Does the kid on the far left keep getting kept back, with each passing year since 1985?
Old Apr 28th 2010, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Does the kid on the far left keep getting kept back, with each passing year since 1985?

LOL I think your talking about my son. I meant as you look at the photo on the right... left in the picture with the space invader top. Probably shows how old parents the wife and I are. He will kill us when he is older.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 8:27 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

LOL I think your talking about my son. I meant as you look at the photo on the right... left in the picture with the space invader top. Probably shows how old parents the wife and I are. He will kill us when he is older.
I think he's talking about the kid with the beard.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Burbage
I think he's talking about the kid with the beard.
Woosh, that went over my head.

Back to blaming night shift.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Nice picture - they look like a happy enough bunch of kids (except for the girl in the black and white tshirt, she does NOT want to be there)
Old Apr 28th 2010, 10:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Nice picture - they look like a happy enough bunch of kids (except for the girl in the black and white tshirt, she does NOT want to be there)
She's got attitude! Like her teeshirt.

I have no issue with the photo. I'm sure other parents will have the pic on their facebooks or whatever. If you're happy to post it, I'm happy to look at it.

As a parent of girls, I would hate them to go to a school with no uniform. Free dress days are a complete nightmare in deciding what to wear, imagining that happening every day scares the hell out of me
Old Apr 28th 2010, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

iolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud of

I'm a girl and I loved having no uniform when I went to school in Oz.

In the UK we had a uniform and all the rich kids got really good versions of it and we could tell who had money and who had hand-me-downs. At least no uniform meant you could have self expression and go for the "grunge" look and justify old clothes!

PS Great photo. I hope the poor beardy kid has friends. It must be hard watching generations of kids progress through the school and know that your destiny is to forever in grade 6.

Last edited by iolande; Apr 28th 2010 at 10:13 am. Reason: added a bit
Old Apr 28th 2010, 12:54 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i like the photo. kids all look relaxed
most of them dont look like they have been forced to be in it.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 6:12 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Good photo, I like the kid at the back "throwing signs".

At my prep school, Beechwood Park we'd have a school photo every year and the day the picture came out there would be a list posted on the notice board with the names of all the kids who had been mucking about in the photo. Their punishment? a beating with a slipper from the headmaster.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by renth
Good photo, I like the kid at the back "throwing signs".

At my prep school, Beechwood Park we'd have a school photo every year and the day the picture came out there would be a list posted on the notice board with the names of all the kids who had been mucking about in the photo. Their punishment? a beating with a slipper from the headmaster.

LOL, how times have changed eh
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:51 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL, how times have changed eh
Not always... school photo. Ducie High School - Moss Side Manchester 1975

I'm in the picture, which is truly an awful one, but the best I could find on Friends Reunited.
Attached Thumbnails A picture paints a 1000 words.-school-photo.bmp  
Old Apr 29th 2010, 3:06 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Not always... school photo. Ducie High School - Moss Side Manchester 1975

I'm in the picture, which is truly an awful one, but the best I could find on Friends Reunited.
You're older than me....
Old Apr 29th 2010, 3:08 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
You're older than me....
Surprised?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.