Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Pickled onions, dolly mix, hobnobs at Aldi

Pickled onions, dolly mix, hobnobs at Aldi

Old Jun 1st 2012, 12:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pickled onions, dolly mix, hobnobs at Aldi

Originally Posted by avi
Yep me too especially when hubby is doing the cooking lol.

Also I have never met so many people who dont cook from scratch as I have since coming over here. I cook everything from scratch especially my cakes which are always in demand at work.
I've found the complete opposite to be honest.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Most people we know cook a fair bit..not sure if this is from scratch or not...

Aunt Bessies.....never heard of them...

you could tempt me on Dolly mix...and a few things.

BTW a mate of mine put me on to a Brit aisle in a Woolies down the hill...
they have Club biscuits.

I did buy a pack and indulged my childhood habit of nibbling away along the edges...

I also got a pack of Penguins - frankly awful compared to Tim Tams - tasted like cocoa powder bricks.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 12:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That's scary, you and I are in agreement I feel really inadequate at work these days, I'm surrounded by women who spend every day discussing exactly how they cook their wonderful meals from scratch each night, husbands never seem to lift a finger; and they bring in cake after cake and issue slices of them round the office each day. I'm definitely the odd one out there at present! If I open a tin of tuna for lunch they all think I'm strange cos its not part of a large homemade banquet of some kind
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:02 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
yip me too.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:10 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

wow but I work with a lot o younger women so i suppose that could be why they all seem to be more interested in going out. But hey we are all different. Whatever floats thier boat is cool
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avi
wow but I work with a lot o younger women so i suppose that could be why they all seem to be more interested in going out. But hey we are all different. Whatever floats thier boat is cool
We have some 'young gals' at work.

For a fundraiser function they were quite capable of cooking after having a scratch. Useful to be able to go out, on the lash...yet still whip up a pav etc.?
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:22 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avi
My office is a whole range, 20s up to their 50s, only 3 of us are more interested in going out, and even one of those cooks like a dream as well! I refuse to join in on the grounds I can't cook in return - if I joined in the food fest I'd be fat as a house!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:45 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

come round here polly and I will teach you how to make Coffee cake, chocolate cake choc chip cookies shortbread etc......

In fact I need an excuse to get the mixer out hmmmn come visit x
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:47 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

hey maybe its where I work that is the problem? ............................

Yep thats is so must be the case now when can I move jobs?
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:54 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by avi
come round here polly and I will teach you how to make Coffee cake, chocolate cake choc chip cookies shortbread etc......

In fact I need an excuse to get the mixer out hmmmn come visit x
Thanks for the offer, but you'd have to be a genius to teach me to make decent cakes! I did cook a bit years ago, but its not worth it when its only me here
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thanks for the offer, but you'd have to be a genius to teach me to make decent cakes! I did cook a bit years ago, but its not worth it when its only me here
My wife is not really a baker.

So it's down to me to provide the puddings...and provide is what I do.

I have special weekend bakes! The kids love it. My daughter always tells me she loves me...right after I announce the pudding of the weekend!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 2:09 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

Strangely mine go Mummmmmmy I lovvvvve you ! and I then wait for the pause and then they go Mummmmmm we have no cake can you make some.

At which I either do or laugh and say when i am working but generally I bake at least twice a week.

But at least once a week I also decorate them with sugarpaste (made from scratch) and toppers as well

Hmmmmn this could be why I have no life!
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone going all British for the long weekend?????
Old Jun 4th 2012, 3:38 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Better get down to Broadway Shopping Centre and see if your local Coles has them!!
I was in there yesterday, forgot to look at the 'Asian' food aisle where for some reason is there they put anything considered foreign. They always have Tunnocks Caramel Wafers so the husband is happy...
Old Jun 4th 2012, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
I was in there yesterday, forgot to look at the 'Asian' food aisle where for some reason is there they put anything considered foreign. They always have Tunnocks Caramel Wafers so the husband is happy...
Wispa Golds have been half price since Wednesday - this ends tomorrow! Or at least here in VIC anyway.

The small British section in our local Coles is next to the New Zealand things, and opposite the Mexican things!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.