Wikiposts

petrol

Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:51 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default petrol

I have noticed that for nearly 3 weeks at the 2 local woolies petrol stations the price of unleaded has not altered at all. this seems odd as usually it changes every other day (by varying margins)
So, the price is $111.09 per litre or $107.09 with the 4c voucher, has anyone else noticed a 'price freeze' at their local petrol station and out of interest how much are you paying?
I did hear about the people over east who did a 'happy hour' today reducing theirs to 50c per litre but I am more interested in the normal average prices you are all experiencing at the moment
thanks
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: petrol

Originally Posted by squeezzii
I have noticed that for nearly 3 weeks at the 2 local woolies petrol stations the price of unleaded has not altered at all. this seems odd as usually it changes every other day (by varying margins)
So, the price is $111.09 per litre or $107.09 with the 4c voucher, has anyone else noticed a 'price freeze' at their local petrol station and out of interest how much are you paying?
I did hear about the people over east who did a 'happy hour' today reducing theirs to 50c per litre but I am more interested in the normal average prices you are all experiencing at the moment
thanks

It peaked at 124 last week, yesterday 117 - discount voucher. For one day it got to 108, I bought it then obviously.

Its interesting that petrol in Qld is supposed to be about 8c a litre cheaper due to a state subsidy, been in syd and melb recently and found petrol about the same. Consumers never seem to kick up a fuss in OZ I think they like to be ripped off or are just used to it.

Oil was down to $35 a barrel recently petrol was still around the 118, I realise the currency fluctuations, but surely the avg aussie could work out, that oils at $150.00 a barrel petrol is 155 then oil at $35.00 a barrel does not mean 118

On that scale I wonder what the 2 supermarket giants who bought out most of the petrol stations will charge when oil goes back to $150 a barrel, they are grooming the consumer for $3/4 a litre.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Re: petrol

I remember around xmas someone on the news saying that 2009 will see petrol drop to 80c / L... that was when petrol dropped to around the $1 mark... funnily enough since he opened his mouth petrol has gone up... its sitting at 1.20 round here but diesel seems to have dropped though.