Wikiposts

Peter Kay Fans?

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Peter Kay Fans?

Originally Posted by Clippies
Lol, he's so funny - I laughed so much tears were streaming down my face. I loved it when he was doing the wedding bit - kids sliding running across the dance floor and skidding onto their knees, the crap dj interrupting the songs every couple of seconds - lol, he's so ace. You know my sister and brother in law said he was crap, they hadn't actually watched him so I put the dvd on and made them watch it, my sister could hardly breathe through laughing and my brother in law managed a giggle or two as well.

Hilarious bloke Wouldn't you just love to go for a pint with him.

I love him, he is so great, we had a DVD we bought over, none of our rellies in Australia could understand what he was saying, which was even funnier, us cracking up and them straining to hear his great accent!!!! Love the fact he loves his Nan (bless). Maybe he wouldn't go down so well over here, with half the audience not understanding a word he was saying it could be long gig.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macy
I love him, he is so great, we had a DVD we bought over, none of our rellies in Australia could understand what he was saying, which was even funnier, us cracking up and them straining to hear his great accent!!!! Love the fact he loves his Nan (bless). Maybe he wouldn't go down so well over here, with half the audience not understanding a word he was saying it could be long gig.

I agree - He is more of a cultural legend - his humour is relative to the time and place - although some of it travels ok.

I think one of the things I worry about is losing touch with UK as in 'not being able to understand what topical humour is' as I would have been away for so long. My aunt has been out here for over 30 years and so never recognised anyone on the Peter Kay 'way to amirillo' - I don't want to be an outcast - do you all know what I mean?

So, i intend to keep abreast of news,etc to a degree and hopefully family can update me on Peter Kay and other likewise humour. I don't think there is any nation quite like the UK for an excellent sense of humour.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 3:20 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

As a representative sample of 1 in 20 million, Vash not liking him seems to suggest that Aussies don't get his humour which means I can't see him touring out here every few years like Billy Connolly does - shame, Peter Kay is brilliant.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:22 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
As a representative sample of 1 in 20 million, Vash not liking him seems to suggest that Aussies don't get his humour which means I can't see him touring out here every few years like Billy Connolly does - shame, Peter Kay is brilliant.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:06 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
There's more than renough Poms, particularly northerners in Perth who would pack the Burswood theatre to see him - myself included.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 9:31 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
Just been watching Peter Kay's 'Max and Paddy's road to nowhere' after being a fan of 'Pheonix Nights' - and I just wondered if anyone else was a fan??

Sarah
Just watching Live From The Top Of The Tower.

IT'S SPITTING! IT'S SPITTING!!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 9:34 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
Just watching Live From The Top Of The Tower.

IT'S SPITTING! IT'S SPITTING!!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 10:14 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I know I'm in the minority, I just can't understand why!

Kay is a mere comedy midget when compared to the iconic greatness of John Cleese, Peter Sellars, Ben Elton, and others.

maybe you are a miserable git with no sense of humour.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:54 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Put big light on...

booked it, packed it, ****ed off

he's a funny bloke.. even if he is from Bolton....

No offence!
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Jayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant future

I agree totally - he is the best ever - forget your Chubby Brown and Jimmy Jones bring on the Bolton Boy !!!
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 1:35 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
Just been watching Peter Kay's 'Max and Paddy's road to nowhere' after being a fan of 'Pheonix Nights' - and I just wondered if anyone else was a fan??

Sarah
I love it Sarah and friends of ours who are already in Oz have asked us to buy the two DVD's and send them across!
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 2:04 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I know I'm in the minority, I just can't understand why!

Kay is a mere comedy midget when compared to the iconic greatness of John Cleese, Peter Sellars, Ben Elton, and others.
This is a good point, and I know was discussed a while back on BE.

One of the things I really missed when I lived in Oz, was the British humour. I just could not connect with the Ozzies chatting in the pub, or anything they threw at us on the TV when it came to comedy.

Mother sent out Only Fools & Horses vids in the end, just so I could have a really good laugh.

This sort of thing is subjective - definately. And I believe both nations are quite differenet here.

p.s. By the way - how is Little Britain going down amongst the Aussies?
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 1:26 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
p.s. By the way - how is Little Britain going down amongst the Aussies?
A couple of guys at work love it. I can't stand it. Go figure
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:23 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
A couple of guys at work love it. I can't stand it. Go figure
aww but you gotta love Tom Baker?? his commentry is class

he also does the phone text voice now, so funny to receive one