Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Perth as a world cup venue.....what a joke

Perth as a world cup venue.....what a joke

Old Jun 12th 2010, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough
Default Perth as a world cup venue.....what a joke

So Perth wants to be a world cup venue for 2012. What a joke when no pubs are even showing the games.

I got a list of pubs with 'late' licences and none of them are open for the 2am kick offs, so late means closed after 1am, like pubs normally do on a saturday.

To make things better my local, The Flying 'racist' Scotsman isn't showing any England games regardless of the time because they don't want any 'hooligans' in. These idiots have obviously been watching too many films like green street. These morons even applied for and were granted the 'late' licence.

THIS IS BULLSH*T!!!!! Nice way to shake off the dullsville tag you ass holes
Old Jun 12th 2010, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

blueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really nice
Default Re: Perth as a world cup venue.....what a joke

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
So Perth wants to be a world cup venue for 2012. What a joke when no pubs are even showing the games.

I got a list of pubs with 'late' licences and none of them are open for the 2am kick offs, so late means closed after 1am, like pubs normally do on a saturday.

To make things better my local, The Flying 'racist' Scotsman isn't showing any England games regardless of the time because they don't want any 'hooligans' in. These idiots have obviously been watching too many films like green street. These morons even applied for and were granted the 'late' licence.

Top post mate
I couldnt have put it better myself pmsl

scott
Old Jun 12th 2010, 7:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

So Perth wants to be a world cup venue for 2012.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 7:18 am
Banned

LongshoreDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point

I take it they are not showing the Germany game then? Given Germany's hooligans at the last World Cup?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Amazulu
lol the rage confused me!
Old Jun 12th 2010, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

This has cheered me up a bit:

Socceroos ... Do me a f---ing favour, you could come up with a better nickname than that

Oasis frontman Noel Gallagher has let rip at the Socceroos, saying Australians should stick to sports they're better at.

The keen soccer fan saw the Socceroos play at the World Cup in Germany this year and says he wasn't impressed.

Gallagher, renowned for his controversial outbursts, said he did not have a great deal of respect for Australians playing soccer.

"Stick to the Aussie Rules and the tennis and the cricket and the rugby, you are good at that," he told AAP from the United Kingdom.

"Football is the game of the intelligentsia and you are shit at it.

"You will never win anything so give it up."

The 39-year-old is a keen follower of his hometown club Manchester City and was the unofficial mascot of Italian World Cup striker Alessandro Del Piero.

It was the Italians that dumped the Socceroos out of the World Cup under controversial circumstances, thanks to a hotly disputed last-minute penalty.

"What do they call them, the Socceroos?"

"Do me a f---ing favour, you could come up with a better nickname than that."

Gallagher says he has a particular dislike for Socceroos midfielder Tim Cahill, who plays for Liverpool club Everton.

"I don't know, there is something about him. I would love to kick him right in the bollocks."

Cahill scored two goals for the Socceroos in the World Cup match against Japan and was widely considered one of the country's best players of the tournament.

"He has just got one of those faces," said Gallagher, whose brother Liam is also in Oasis.

"Don't you find his face really slapable? I can assure you, lots of people in England do."

Oasis toured Australia last December and next month release a "best of" album, titled Stop the Clocks.

The album features a selection of what Gallagher considers the band's best work, including tracks such as Wonderwall and Morning Glory.

Despite his outburst, Gallagher said he liked visiting Australia and that he was "gagging" to get over for the Ashes cricket series.

"The last time was just brilliant so the sooner the better for me," he said.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Socceroos ... Do me a f---ing favour, you could come up with a better nickname than that

Oasis frontman Noel Gallagher has let rip at the Socceroos, saying Australians should stick to sports they're better at.

The keen soccer fan saw the Socceroos play at the World Cup in Germany this year and says he wasn't impressed.

Gallagher, renowned for his controversial outbursts, said he did not have a great deal of respect for Australians playing soccer.

"Stick to the Aussie Rules and the tennis and the cricket and the rugby, you are good at that," he told AAP from the United Kingdom.

The 39-year-old is a keen follower of his hometown club Manchester City and was the unofficial mascot of Italian World Cup striker Alessandro Del Piero.

It was the Italians that dumped the Socceroos out of the World Cup under controversial circumstances, thanks to a hotly disputed last-minute penalty.

Gallagher says he has a particular dislike for Socceroos midfielder Tim Cahill, who plays for Liverpool club Everton.

"I don't know, there is something about him. I would love to kick him right in the bollocks."

Cahill scored two goals for the Socceroos in the World Cup match against Japan and was widely considered one of the country's best players of the tournament.

"He has just got one of those faces," said Gallagher, whose brother Liam is also in Oasis.

"Don't you find his face really slapable? I can assure you, lots of people in England do."

Oasis toured Australia last December and next month release a "best of" album, titled Stop the Clocks.

The album features a selection of what Gallagher considers the band's best work, including tracks such as Wonderwall and Morning Glory.

Despite his outburst, Gallagher said he liked visiting Australia and that he was "gagging" to get over for the Ashes cricket series.

And this little rant by Mr intelligentsia himself, makes all of us Australians feel so inferior. Boo hoo, I'm so hurt and upset.

Comments like this made by well known fans of the game are probably half the reason the pubs are feeling there may be trouble if they open there doors in the middle of the night.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kim67
And this little rant by Mr intelligentsia himself, makes all of us Australians feel so inferior. Boo hoo, I'm so hurt and upset.

Comments like this made by well known fans of the game are probably half the reason the pubs are feeling there may be trouble if they open there doors in the middle of the night.
Hahahaha, No english in your pubs so no aussies on british expats that sounds fair. And your right we are so easy to stereotype, i for one love smashing up bars and attacking innocent passers by after a good game of football.

Last edited by jamiefrod; Jun 12th 2010 at 9:05 am. Reason: spelling lol
Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:07 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Melbourne Sydney Brisbane
Old Jun 12th 2010, 10:19 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

So, a guy who recites something from a *has been* in a band, thinks a pub not opening because of English hooligans, is worse than the idiot he's recited, saying the exact same thing

Pot, kettle, black comes to mind
Old Jun 12th 2010, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Perth as a world cup venue.....what a joke

Calm down you can come and watch the Soccoroos in Mandurah - Murphys on the foreshore
Old Jun 12th 2010, 10:36 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Don,t you pricks ever stop whinging, you do realise that about 70% of Australians could not give a Rats Arse about SOCCER , and the suckeroo,s , most of us might take a slight intrest due to the magnitude of the event, but thats were it ends......any way back to the footy..........MM
Old Jun 12th 2010, 10:40 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr mover
Don,t you pricks ever stop whinging, you do realise that about 70% of Australians could not give a Rats Arse about SOCCER , and the suckeroo,s , most of us might take a slight intrest due to the magnitude of the event, but thats were it ends......any way back to the footy..........MM
Shouldn't you be off somewhere planning your next set of thefts from unsuspecting punters?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 10:48 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr mover
You just keep concentrating on a sport, that no ****er, outside of a couple of Australian cities, on the entire globe, gives the slightest shit about then. Parochial prick.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

blueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really nice

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
So, a guy who recites something from a *has been* in a band, thinks a pub not opening because of English hooligans, is worse than the idiot he's recited, saying the exact same thing

Pot, kettle, black comes to mind
uh, i dont get it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.