Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Perth - speed camera alert

Wikiposts

Perth - speed camera alert

Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Perth - speed camera alert

If you don't already know there is a stationary speed camera at the junction of Leach Hwy and Bungaree Road. My fine says "Corner of Leach Hwy, Wilson, and Bungaree Rd" but bearing in mind that this is the police we are talking about I wouldn't try to find Wilson Rd in that area (and never mind the grammatical errors either). Speed was 9km/h over the limit of 70 but anyone who uses that road will know that if you travel at 70 you will be holding up everyone in your lane. Still I'm happy to have contributed to a few boxes of doughnuts and chicken treat for the boys in blue.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:08 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Perth - speed camera alert

Originally Posted by discobay
If you don't already know there is a stationary speed camera at the junction of Leach Hwy and Bungaree Road. My fine says "Corner of Leach Hwy, Wilson, and Bungaree Rd" but bearing in mind that this is the police we are talking about I wouldn't try to find Wilson Rd in that area
Wilson is the suburb that Leach Hwy is in.

Old Aug 20th 2010, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't already know there is a stationary speed camera at the junction of Leach Hwy and Bungaree Road. My fine says "Corner of Leach Hwy, Wilson, and Bungaree Rd" but bearing in mind that this is the police we are talking about I wouldn't try to find Wilson Rd in that area (and never mind the grammatical errors either). Speed was 9km/h over the limit of 70 but anyone who uses that road will know that if you travel at 70 you will be holding up everyone in your lane. Still I'm happy to have contributed to a few boxes of doughnuts and chicken treat for the boys in blue.
You say that you were driving at 79 km/hr so that you didn't hold up the rest of the traffic. You could have been driving at 89 km/hr and that would have still held up some people, as a lot of Perth drivers don't even try to stay within the speed limit. You can always refuse to become one of the would-be racing drivers and stick to the limit, if conditions allow.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HelenTD
if conditions allow.
Never been in that situation.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Never been in that situation.
If it is raining, or congested, or something like that, drivers should be slowing down to suit the conditions. Some Perth drivers are just bullies, trying to force other people to go faster. I refuse to drive like them.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HelenTD
If it is raining, or congested, or something like that, drivers should be slowing down to suit the conditions. Some Perth drivers are just bullies, trying to force other people to go faster. I refuse to drive like them.
That goes without saying. Mind you the retards that drive on our roads need to go back to school. Overtaking just to cut back in to left turning traffic (Shelley Bridge), sitting in the right hand lane a whole kilometre (or two) before they want to turn right, indicating only after they've started to turnaccelerating when being overtaken (losers).
Old Aug 20th 2010, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

They are what feels like a few inches behind you on the freeway doing 100 km/hr, way too close. Yet, at red lights when there's a turn left or right lane, they leave 2 car lengths of space, stopping you getting to the lane to turn in the short time you've got the green arrow.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 10:07 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

I see the standard of driving is the same in Western Australia as it is in Eastern Australia then
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by meelie
I see the standard of driving is the same in Western Australia as it is in Eastern Australia then
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just an update ... I drove along the same route today and the camera is mounted atop a yellow post on Leach Hwy just before the junction with Bungaree Road and pointing towards Freementle. So be careful when driving in that direction.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:10 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

The revenue goes to the gov't not the police.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
The revenue goes to the gov't not the police.
And the police are funded by?
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:32 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

And the police are funded by?
You're making it sound like the money from speeding tickets goes directly to the police and it doesn't.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

You're making it sound like the money from speeding tickets goes directly to the police and it doesn't.
Hey chill out
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

But I was right about the doughnuts and chicken treat?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.