Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Perth Jan 2009 - here we come!

Perth Jan 2009 - here we come!

Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth Jan 2009 - here we come!

Originally Posted by Gossie
Dan the Plumber and Scor - thank you so much for that bit of reassurance. I do all the typing on here as my husband's typing skills are not great - but he's normally telling me what to write. He works in the commercial area so that's good news - more big office buildings in London.

I am the prophet of doom and hear one bad thing and think the sky is falling in! We just want to make a go of it, so, as long as we can find work that's all we'll need to get cracking.

Gossie
No worries. If you struggle with finding work message me, and I'll put some contatcs your way
Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:29 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by colworthkid
We are a family of 6 (Rob, Jill and four children 9,7,6 & 2) heading to Perth on 12th january 2009.
You might be interested in the next Kings park meetup, on the 18th, then.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581667

Cheers
b
Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Hi

Not sure where I'll be settling as yet. Spending the first month in a guest in Swanbourne. Are you very far from that area?
Hi. no not too far maybe 1/2 hour north? Just up the coast along West Coast Highway in Currambine! Well thats the plan anyway!
Cheers
Dtp
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hi. no not too far maybe 1/2 hour north? Just up the coast along West Coast Highway in Currambine! Well thats the plan anyway!
Cheers
Dtp

Great, keep me posted and have a great trip
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

I am hoping to come out this year...probably in April or May. I am a loner but am lucky enough to be staying with friends to start with. Any advice, tips on job hunting would be well appreciated.

Work history....done lots, will do anything to get started, currently I am in the hospitality industry running a hotel/pub/restaurant. I would be keen to stay in management but hey, beggars can't be choosers so would start at the bottom and work up!

I have also sold cars, been a transport manager and am a qualified jig and tool design engineer and machine tool draughtsman.

Bugger me I have done some stuff!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Location: Gold Coast - moved on from Perth - bit too quiet for us townies.
Gossie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scor
No worries. If you struggle with finding work message me, and I'll put some contatcs your way
Thanks again - really appreciate the offer.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Oz wannabe1
I am hoping to come out this year...probably in April or May. I am a loner but am lucky enough to be staying with friends to start with. Any advice, tips on job hunting would be well appreciated.

Work history....done lots, will do anything to get started, currently I am in the hospitality industry running a hotel/pub/restaurant. I would be keen to stay in management but hey, beggars can't be choosers so would start at the bottom and work up!

I have also sold cars, been a transport manager and am a qualified jig and tool design engineer and machine tool draughtsman.

Bugger me I have done some stuff!!!!!!!!

Hey another loner Unable to give you any tips but just wanted to say 'hello' and wish you well. Let me know if you fancy meeting up.
Good on you and good luck with it all
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Location: Gold Coast - moved on from Perth - bit too quiet for us townies.
Gossie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scor
Hi Scor
Question for you - I have some 110V tools and have heard on sites 240V is the norm - is it worth me bringing my 110V tools with me? I'd rather know now before I pay for them to be shipped out and sell them before I go but if it's worth hanging on to them then I will.
Cheers
Gossie
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:12 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gossie
Hi Scor
Question for you - I have some 110V tools and have heard on sites 240V is the norm - is it worth me bringing my 110V tools with me? I'd rather know now before I pay for them to be shipped out and sell them before I go but if it's worth hanging on to them then I will.
Cheers
Gossie
It's 220V over here, so you'd need a voltage converter for your 110V tools. Personally, unless they're expensive hi-precision tools, I'd sell them. I've worked in the past in places that have had 110V and 240V kit and it's been a pain - to stop people plugging the 110V stuff into the higher voltage you keep different plugs on it, and then you start needing two sets of extension cables and distribution boards...

Mind you, I'm a software engineer not a plumber

Cheers
b