Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Perth Jan 2009 - here we come!

Perth Jan 2009 - here we come!

Old Jan 2nd 2009, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

colworthkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth Jan 2009 - here we come!

We are a family of 6 (Rob, Jill and four children 9,7,6 & 2) heading to Perth on 12th january 2009. Anyone else heading that way in January who can offer advice or would like to get together? This is all new to us and I'm sure any advice, hints and tips will be really welcomed. A few friendly faces will also be really good. Looking forward to funs times, warm weather and anything else to boot!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 8:43 am

Ruby slippers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth Jan 2009 - here we come!

Originally Posted by colworthkid
We are a family of 6 (Rob, Jill and four children 9,7,6 & 2) heading to Perth on 12th january 2009. Anyone else heading that way in January who can offer advice or would like to get together? This is all new to us and I'm sure any advice, hints and tips will be really welcomed. A few friendly faces will also be really good. Looking forward to funs times, warm weather and anything else to boot!
Wow! not long to go! Good luck to you all, sorry can't meet up unless you ever fly to Sydney!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Warm weather!!! At the moment it is baking!!! Wishing you all the best!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Location: Gold Coast - moved on from Perth - bit too quiet for us townies.
Gossie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Colworth Kid
Not arriving in Perth until early March. 4 of us - Goss, Sarah and Tom (5) Ted (3). Going blind none of us been to Oz before. Hubby in construction suspended ceilings/dry lining - I will be settling the kids/home stuff for first 6 months (that's the plan). Any tips you find please pass on. Planning on settling somewhere in the Joondalup area (going by wikipedia and internet info). Be glad to meet up once we arrive and get tips from you!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with the move. I am soooo jealous but at least now we are into 2009 I can now say WE'RE MOVING TO OZ NEXT YEAR

You'll be well settled by the time we move to Perth but I will be keeping an eye out & reading your posts with interest to see how it's all going as we will also be moving with a young family.

All the best

Alison x
Old Jan 7th 2009, 12:05 am
Just Joined

thefroggiebox is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Been in Perth since may 08, used to live in melbourne. happy to help with any questions or to meet up when you get here. I have 5 boys between ages of 5 & 18. Husb used to be in ceilings/drylining. Now works away on a FIFO on one of the islands.
Live SOR
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by thefroggiebox
Hi

Been in Perth since may 08, used to live in melbourne. happy to help with any questions or to meet up when you get here. I have 5 boys between ages of 5 & 18. Husb used to be in ceilings/drylining. Now works away on a FIFO on one of the islands.
Live SOR
Hi Froggiebox
Where in Perth have you settled? Why is your husband doing FIFO - is there no work for ceiling fixers in Perth? We are getting worried as have put on several posts and been searching the net and can't find anything specific to do with his work. We are moving to Oz to get more family time so FIFO is not ideal fo us. We are looking at Joondalup area and going to have a mooch around Secret Harbour as heard good reports about this area too. Keen to find somewhere to settle quickly and get my 5yr old into Preschool and some friends.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

suzieleggett is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Perth Jan 2009 - here we come!

Hiya

Wishing you all the best for the future, so envious wish we were leaving on Monday.

We are awaiting our visa (had medicals and police checks) so hopefully if the house sells we will be on our way in september. would love to hear from anyone going to perth we will be living in Butler (northern Suburbs nr. Joondalup).

I have a hubby and 3 girls aged five, two and half and eighteen months. I have been to Perth before I even lived there for a year when I was sweet sixteen.

I have grandparents, aunt and uncle and two cousins there already.

My parents will be following us. My Mum has been over in Perth 3 times during the last 18 months and loves it. So we know quite a bit about the place but am sure there is still a lot to learn and would be grateful of any advice on schooling etc
Anyone wanting to swap stories or meet up before or when we arrive please pm me:lol

Suzie (iwannabeinperth)
Old Jan 8th 2009, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Hi Rob and Jill,
We are a family of four flying out on the 13th Jan!! we have been before - the longest time for 8 years but not been out to live for the last 4 years!! We are hoping to settle around Currambine this time. Yeah would be great to catch up over there - let us know where you are and we could have a meet up!
Thanks and happy flying!
Dan & Ali
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Hi Rob & Jill, also Dan & Ali

I'm flying out to Perth on Feb 22nd alone, and would love to meet up with you
Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

You (or your husband!) shouldn't have too much trouble finding a job as a ceiling fixer/dryliner. Housebuilding has definetly slowed up since I arrived in June so try and look for a job with a company that do commercial builds. I had a job within a week, all it took was a couple of dozen phone calls. Need any more info let me know
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scor
You (or your husband!) shouldn't have too much trouble finding a job as a ceiling fixer/dryliner. Housebuilding has definetly slowed up since I arrived in June so try and look for a job with a company that do commercial builds. I had a job within a week, all it took was a couple of dozen phone calls. Need any more info let me know
I second that. I have a friend over in Perth who runs his own business doing just that! he does all commercial work and has made a bloody fortune over the years!!
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Hi Rob & Jill, also Dan & Ali

I'm flying out to Perth on Feb 22nd alone, and would love to meet up with you
Of course! Any where in particular you are settling?
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Dan the Plumber and Scor - thank you so much for that bit of reassurance. I do all the typing on here as my husband's typing skills are not great - but he's normally telling me what to write. He works in the commercial area so that's good news - more big office buildings in London.

I am the prophet of doom and hear one bad thing and think the sky is falling in! We just want to make a go of it, so, as long as we can find work that's all we'll need to get cracking.

Gossie
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Of course! Any where in particular you are settling?
Hi

Not sure where I'll be settling as yet. Spending the first month in a guest in Swanbourne. Are you very far from that area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.