Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Perth house prices poised to overtake Sydney

Wikiposts

Perth house prices poised to overtake Sydney

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 8:54 pm

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth house prices poised to overtake Sydney

This actually made prime time news on TV tonight, so thought it would be of interest to post.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...9-2702,00.html

That's a crazy 39% growth in the last 12 months alone !!!
...and only 3 years ago, Perth prices were half that of Sydney.

We sit here on the East coast, shaking our heads in disbelief.
If you bought a year ago, hats off to you guys :-)
Old Nov 4th 2006, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth house prices poised to overtake Sydney

Originally Posted by @boy
This actually made prime time news on TV tonight, so thought it would be of interest to post.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...9-2702,00.html

We sit here on the East coast, shaking our heads in disbelief.
If you bought a year ago, hats off to you guys :-)

I wonder how much of that is caused by all us Brits headed for Perth ???
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:08 pm

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by @boy

***UPDATE ***
http://www.yourmortgage.com.au/news/index.cfm?i=5893

As of 21st November, make that 46% in the last 12 months.

Crazier and crazier :-)
Old Nov 19th 2006, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Bwahahahaha...we built and are now rubbing our little dannies together!!

Just to think, we came here because it was the cheapest place to go! I know we've done really well, and I shouldn't gloat, sorry. I feel really sorry for any newbies coming over and the young couples trying to get on the ladder. What a nightmare.

It cannot continue like this. It's got to level out and slow down at some point. The question is when though?
Old Nov 19th 2006, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I think its bloody scarey. We are ok. We bought 2 properties, sold both and bought our dream house, but my eldest son can only get a mortgage for $350,000. Last year he could have got himself a nice place............now he cant get anything!!!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

That means all the poms will head to Sydney now....not

Perth has shut up shop

Seriously, I think the investors in the perth market will start 'top calling' and cash in the gains...therefore, a flood of properties could be going up for sale shortly to try and snare the last fools!!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 11:24 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

One of several reasons I'm probably moving to QLD next year.

I've just sold my UK house and don't want to get involved in this craziness.

The "market" may value these Legoland houses on 500m2 blocks at a million dollars plus... but I don't...
Old Nov 20th 2006, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

From the number of properties on the market in Perth at the moment I think the call has already been made.....the question is what will happen next....

Originally Posted by Muzza04
That means all the poms will head to Sydney now....not

Perth has shut up shop

Seriously, I think the investors in the perth market will start 'top calling' and cash in the gains...therefore, a flood of properties could be going up for sale shortly to try and snare the last fools!!
Old Nov 21st 2006, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
One of several reasons I'm probably moving to QLD next year.

I've just sold my UK house and don't want to get involved in this craziness.

The "market" may value these Legoland houses on 500m2 blocks at a million dollars plus... but I don't...

Thought you liked it where you are????????????
Old Nov 21st 2006, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Paul and Chloe
From the number of properties on the market in Perth at the moment I think the call has already been made.....the question is what will happen next....

The houses aren't selling as fast. A few months ago they were being snapped up in just hours. Now they sit on the Real estates books for a while..........but they are still holding their prices. People out there know that if they wait they will get the price they want!! The house over the road to us has been on the market for 5 months. They wanted $550,000 for it.............way over the top, pokey little place. They sat with it and have just sold it for the price they asked!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

I think it is just a cycle that these things happen in, number of houses on the market grows, time to sell increases, then people start dropping their asking prices....some houses near us have been on the market for quite a while now, one has knocked off $500k from the original asking price and another was up for Auction and got no offers, has now put it up for sale but no interest so far.

Cheers

Paul

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
The houses aren't selling as fast. A few months ago they were being snapped up in just hours. Now they sit on the Real estates books for a while..........but they are still holding their prices. People out there know that if they wait they will get the price they want!! The house over the road to us has been on the market for 5 months. They wanted $550,000 for it.............way over the top, pokey little place. They sat with it and have just sold it for the price they asked!!!