Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Perth - City to Surf

Perth - City to Surf

Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:21 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Perth - City to Surf

Originally Posted by Tracey O
Hi

Do you know of any running clubs in Perth? We are coming over in Nov and I want to join a sporty club, rather than a gym, in an aim to get fit, and to meet people.

Thanks
Tracey
Try www.wamc.org.au for info about running clubs. I know it's called the marathon club, but it takes all comers. Web site has lots of info about all the races on during the year in WA.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:37 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by julesandco
Go Vallie! Go Vallie!

How's it going Mrs?

Jules x
Hey Jules!!

How are you guys??

We are doing great, Andy is really busy now with the business, nearly ready for a relaunch with new name, website and stuff - its all very exciting. I am keeping out of mischief (just about!)

I will send you a proper catch up email and you can let me know about that gorgeous puppy of yours!!!!

A question for you runners please???....., if your legs are still sore from running the day before, should you continue to train the next day or let them recover?

I am running 4km in 25mins at mo, is there hope to build up to 12km in 6 weeks? Does anyone have any tips/recommended build ups?

Thanks

Nicola
Old Jul 16th 2007, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Tracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to all

Originally Posted by webgum
Try www.wamc.org.au for info about running clubs. I know it's called the marathon club, but it takes all comers. Web site has lots of info about all the races on during the year in WA.
This is exactly what I was after. I'll have a good look at the website later.

Thank you

x
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:02 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Hey Jules!!

A question for you runners please???....., if your legs are still sore from running the day before, should you continue to train the next day or let them recover?

I am running 4km in 25mins at mo, is there hope to build up to 12km in 6 weeks? Does anyone have any tips/recommended build ups?

Thanks

Nicola
I would say probably dont go for a run if they are very sore, ie it hurts going up and down steps etc, probably best to do 10-15mins of stretching to to losen them up a bit and maybe go out for a walk.
You should find that your legs will adjust failry quickly and you wont get the soreness in them.
I wouldnt worry about trying to build up to 12KM, but would suggest varying the distances you run, dont do the 4km instead try a 7 or 8KM one, dont set yourself a target or plan on running the whole thing, run a bit, walk if you have to for a bit, just try and vary your speed so your heart rate is fluctuating and it will help build up your overall fitness level and your stamina.
Another good one is to do something different to a regular run, maybe find a park near by that has some small hilly areas, and do lots of sprints up it, walk back down same again, repetition etc.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 3:17 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve99
I would say probably dont go for a run if they are very sore, ie it hurts going up and down steps etc, probably best to do 10-15mins of stretching to to losen them up a bit and maybe go out for a walk.
You should find that your legs will adjust failry quickly and you wont get the soreness in them.
I wouldnt worry about trying to build up to 12KM, but would suggest varying the distances you run, dont do the 4km instead try a 7 or 8KM one, dont set yourself a target or plan on running the whole thing, run a bit, walk if you have to for a bit, just try and vary your speed so your heart rate is fluctuating and it will help build up your overall fitness level and your stamina.
Another good one is to do something different to a regular run, maybe find a park near by that has some small hilly areas, and do lots of sprints up it, walk back down same again, repetition etc.
Great tips, thanks Steve!