Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Perth: Car Hire, Dive locations & Must See Attractions.

Perth: Car Hire, Dive locations & Must See Attractions.

Old Dec 13th 2014, 1:49 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth: Car Hire, Dive locations & Must See Attractions.

Deb has holidays 2nd week in Jan so I thought it might be nice to fly over to Rockingham to meet our new Grandson. Ryan is 4 weeks old today & she's keen to meet the little guy. Her boss has insisted she take the week off as it's around the anniversary of her brother's death, a bit sad but as one life ends another begins.
The flight gets in at about midnight so I was hoping to get a rental rather than expect the daughter-in-law to pick us up. Anyone got any tips for a cheap Corolla sized rental? Pre-book or look for a deal on arrival?

We're there for a week & my son is keen to take me for a dive as it's been 4 years since we last dived together. Any shore based dives within a couple of hours drive of Garden Island or do I need to book a trip on a dive boat?

Lastly [but most important] I'd like to take the grand-kids out on a couple of trips, the little guy won't be interested in anything but Ellie is nearly three so stuff suitable for a preschooler would be ideal?

Might even have a beer or two in that pub Pommie Bastard was always harping on about...........
Old Dec 13th 2014, 2:02 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth: Car Hire, Dive locations & Must See Attractions.

I can't help with the dive stuff only to say that I know some boats go out from Hillarys Boat Harbour. I am not sure there are any shore based ones, need to go out a bit.

Caversham Wildlife Park is a good one for the kids and if you have a nice day Adventure World has some water slides and rides for little ones.

Car hire I have heard https://www.bayswatercarrental.com.au/ are one of the cheapest but not sure they have a location at the airport.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 5:15 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I can't help with the dive stuff only to say that I know some boats go out from Hillarys Boat Harbour. I am not sure there are any shore based ones, need to go out a bit.

Caversham Wildlife Park is a good one for the kids and if you have a nice day Adventure World has some water slides and rides for little ones.

Car hire I have heard https://www.bayswatercarrental.com.au/ are one of the cheapest but not sure they have a location at the airport.
Thanks NB I'll pencil those two in & check out the car hire asap. The boy [who still does not drive] reckons he can get a deal through the navy, quite how that works I don't know, probably best if I don't
Old Dec 13th 2014, 6:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Thanks NB I'll pencil those two in & check out the car hire asap. The boy [who still does not drive] reckons he can get a deal through the navy, quite how that works I don't know, probably best if I don't
I was going to say you guys would be welcome to stay at my place (I'll be away), but it's up north and probably too far for you to want to travel to see the kids. Let me know if you're interested and I'll arrange keys, etc for you.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I was going to say you guys would be welcome to stay at my place (I'll be away), but it's up north and probably too far for you to want to travel to see the kids. Let me know if you're interested and I'll arrange keys, etc for you.
A very kind offer thank you. The boy has finally splashed out & bought a second double bed so we have accommodation sorted. If I can manage a week with a small child crying Must remember the noise cancelling headphones......
Old Dec 13th 2014, 7:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird

Their office is nearly on Guildford road in Bayswater
Old Dec 14th 2014, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Bayswater do, do the airport and are excellent and very cheap. I never used to own a car as I was away so much and my wife doesn't drive, so just hired one from them every so often.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by verystormy
Bayswater do, do the airport and are excellent and very cheap. I never used to own a car as I was away so much and my wife doesn't drive, so just hired one from them every so often.
They are half the price of the airport hire places with a $400 excess instead of 4k It seems too good to be true lol.
Mind being the Bah Humbug at the moment I'm quite peeved that I could have gone to Phucket for 9 nights half board for the same price as a return flight to Perth.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=cresta57;11500821
We're there for a week & my son is keen to take me for a dive as it's been 4 years since we last dived together. Any shore based dives within a couple of hours drive of Garden Island or do I need to book a trip on a dive boat?

[/QUOTE]

I have seen a few dive groups around Rocky besides the Dolphin Tour,
everything should be available at the foreshore
Scubanautics Diving Academy

Last edited by mulben; Dec 14th 2014 at 4:41 am.