perth bashing

Old Apr 1st 2007, 4:11 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: perth bashing

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
I am not Anti South African plenty of them living here in " Legoland " alongside the Legoland pommies and all get along fine. There are plenty of A***H***s wherever you go, Even from your part of the world and some might have even ended up in Kalamunda! and i won't change my viewpoint to appease you. As for intergrating all my family are Australian and I and my family have intergrated very well.
hey chaps, im sorry if i sturred up a hornets nest,i did not mean to start any friction between member...

hey this old perth subject is a tricky one...

i tell you what,why dont you all come to my house warming and we can all have a few beers together...ill bring over some real bisto and my mrs can cook you all a sunday lunch with some real yorkshire puds..

marcus...
Old Apr 1st 2007, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Baby Bee will become famous soon enough

I find this funny!

I just logged on to see what advice anyone might offer regarding Perth and where to live. I'm Aussie n hubby Irish, we are thinking of moving out in the next 18 months or so (in Ireland at the mo). We were in Perth for a week on hol's and loved the place - I'm from country NSW and it reminded me of places where I had grown up with the advantages of a city like good restaurants and public transport. (I can hear the cynics sniggering already....just try living in Ireland!) But we have no real idea about areas to live etc. We will be first time home buyers so I'm interested especially at where would be good but affordable areas to live.

BB
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'll post what I damn well like on here. If you don't like it, don't read it.
I've met few Poms in Kalamunda and the ones I have are/have integrated. A bit different from the Northern Suburbs. I choose to live in a small Australian community with lots of Aussies. Again different from the NS.
Actually, there are loads of Poms in SA and Zambia. You guys are everywhere Dude.
My In Laws (poms) have lived in Kalamunda for 30 years.They have loads of POM friends from the £10 journey over but they also have friends from all over. I have visited there twice and will be staying there in May until we get settled. Lovely place. My FIL knows everyone and you can find him pounding back the coffee most mornings in the village.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 7:55 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

We are moving to Perth as that is where our sponsorship is for and I cant wait to give it a go.

No area is perfect, no place is perfect and to be honest, the Perth bashing that goes on doesnt bother me in the slightest.

I prefer to make my own mind up about a place.

I might do some 'Watford bashing' today if I may. A 15 year old girl who was trying to speak like Ali G, spat at our bus driver. In fact, we had several nasty teens on the bus today, all trying to intimidate the driver and one of the passengers.

So if I may, can we give Perth a break and please do Watford?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:46 pm
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aston man
hey this old perth subject is a tricky one...
Ast... the time to get worried is if Perth got no reaction at all!!

Apart from that, the only thing to worry about is the house prices.

You've seen the place. You've heard all the bad points in here. You still like it. What more have any of us to go on? You'll be fine. So will I when I have an ice cold Coopers watching the sun set across the Indian Ocean.

Karl
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Speaking as an Australian who was born and raised in Perth, I feel compelled to respond.

I've lived in two other states (Tasmania and South Australia) and will be returning to live in South Australia after about 4 years in the UK. I love Perth, but (a) it's too hot, (b) it's too expensive, and (c) most of my family and friends are now in the Adelaide suburbs.

As someone who has spent nearly all his life in Australia, I speak with some authority when I tell you that the rest of the country does not regard Perth as "hicksville". That stereotype is generally reserved for FNQ and some parts of Tasmania.

When commenting on the characteristics of certain areas within a specific country, it's generally considered wise to speak from experience. With this in mind, I would be very interested to know how much of Australia you have actually seen, and how many states you have lived in.
I never thought Perth was seen as "hicksville" either & certainly not the impression I got.
Yes, it was isolated but I found Townsville, Mt Isa etc "hicksville".
When living in Sydney, QLD as a whole had a more "hicksville" rep Mind you it was a while ago
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Why worry about it if it suits you?

The reasons probably cause after 6 months or so it drives a lot of people nuts, where you gonna go from perth , drive hours in any direction and theres not much different is there?

In relation to this forum, the majority of people going back to the UK currently seem to be from perth, that may not be that accurate but its certainly the amount posting at present, maybe read their reasons for going back. Never sure exactly how many go back, so many times the people Ive seen go back are the ones who post "Loving it" but of course you dont read that on here.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jad n rich
The reasons probably cause after 6 months or so it drives a lot of people nuts, where you gonna go from perth , drive hours in any direction and theres not much different is there?

It's driven me batty!! Aston asked about holidays, well, ermm, unless you have a HUGE rake of money, you won't be getting on a plane with a family of 4 that's for sure.

Down south's nice. Just gets a bit dull doing the same thing for every holiday.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

thank you,honestly i am fine with perth,it will be easy for me ,hopefully..
i cannot wait to get out of this rental and i am going to live up in the hills with amazulu..

I reckon you're doing the right thing - when you mentioned the 'little house on the prairie' - knew you had seen the light.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:36 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I'm too old for cities (been there, done that) and I have a family (been there, did her )and whilst I don't live in Perth, give me 'hicksville' any day of the week.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Why worry about it if it suits you?

In relation to this forum, the majority of people going back to the UK currently seem to be from perth, that may not be that accurate but its certainly the amount posting at present, maybe read their reasons for going back. Never sure exactly how many go back, so many times the people Ive seen go back are the ones who post "Loving it" but of course you dont read that on here.
Thankfully it doesn't drive us nuts but I could see how it would bother people who like their all inclusive Majorca or Tenerife holidays. We are off to a small place 12 hours drive north of Perth this Friday for 2 weeks. No TV, no mobile phone signal. Great snorkelling, swimming and general chilling out. Give me that over a beach front full of hotels and english breakfast cafes any day of the week. Different folks and all that.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:48 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Thankfully it doesn't drive us nuts but I could see how it would bother people who like their all inclusive Majorca or Tenerife holidays. We are off to a small place 12 hours drive north of Perth this Friday for 2 weeks. No TV, no mobile phone signal. Great snorkelling, swimming and general chilling out. Give me that over a beach front full of hotels and english breakfast cafes any day of the week. Different folks and all that.

sounds great...
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I reckon all 'Poms' should be towed out to their own little island somewhere where they can wear their footy tops, eat their breakfasts and burn on the beaches.

Solve many problems.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:50 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

sounds great...
12 hours in a car with my kids, I need the 2 weeks to get over it
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:51 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I reckon all 'Poms' should be towed out to their own little island somewhere where they can wear their footy tops, eat their breakfasts and burn on the beaches.

Solve many problems.
We went to Lanzarote one year, back in 1992, haven't set foot in a typically english holiday destination since. It was sheer hell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.