perth bashing

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:04 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: perth bashing

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am so excited, lots more of this to come...

were those fish caught off the back of a boat,or from the shore..

hey n.b.it looks fantastic there,,i just can not get my head round the whole australian thing,i am just going to have to wait until i have been there for a couple of years,,,

Last edited by aston man; Apr 2nd 2007 at 2:13 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:08 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
were those fish caught off the back of a boat,or from the shore..

hey n.b.it looks fantastic there,,it just can not get my head round the whole australian thing,i am just going to have to wait until i have been there for a couple of years,,,
fishing charter. We only went for a week last year but this year he is going a couple of times and the freezer will be full for months. Coupled with a boys trip to Shark bay in May and we will be eating fish till Christmas.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Love the size of the fish, and I love fish . Did you cook this on the barbie?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:14 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowfly
Love the size of the fish, and I love fish . Did you cook this on the barbie?
Of course We love fish too J, including the kids. In fact my kids would rather eat a piece of fish than a piece of meat so the more of it the better. He was only out half a day and caught that so he plans to do 3 full days this time. We are taking a freezer just for the fish!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:17 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Of course We love fish too J, including the kids. In fact my kids would rather eat a piece of fish than a piece of meat so the more of it the better. He was only out half a day and caught that so he plans to do 3 full days this time. We are taking a freezer just for the fish!
how big is your car?how do you do that if you dont mind me asking?
i was thinking how you keep them fresh earlier?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:19 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by aston man
how big is your car?how do you do that if you dont mind me asking?
i was thinking how you keep them fresh earlier?
We hire a trailer tent which has storage underneath for most of our stuff. The fridge and freezer we hire and they go in the boot. The fishing rods in a case get strapped to the roof. You should see what other folk take, its unbelievable. Microwaves, full size fridge freezers, its not camping as I know it thats for sure.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Fantastic I am the only one that eats fish here but who cares bring it on. Oh and I have a thing about oysters too!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

I have never been to Perth but along with all the negtives and then watching a community programme about Perth on Austar the other day I would really like to come to have a look. It looks clean and modern and there is plenty of different beaches. I had family at Albany and that looks beautiful. I think I live in Hicksville and to be honest I really do but all of oz can't be like this.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:34 am
Gutter Gob!!

I have never been to Perth but along with all the negtives and then watching a community programme about Perth on Austar the other day I would really like to come to have a look. It looks clean and modern and there is plenty of different beaches. I had family at Albany and that looks beautiful. I think I live in Hicksville and to be honest I really do but all of oz can't be like this.
I think you have to take it as you find it. It suits me but doesn't suit others. It all depends on where you came from and what your pastimes are. I don't go to the pub, don't like shopping and am happy sat watching the kids in the pool with a good book and a cask of wine. They have different ways to us in a lot of things but that is just the way things are here, I certainly don't expect them to do things the English way just for me. Maybe you should book a week over here, I will be tour guide.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

I think you have to take it as you find it. It suits me but doesn't suit others. It all depends on where you came from and what your pastimes are. I don't go to the pub, don't like shopping and am happy sat watching the kids in the pool with a good book and a cask of wine. They have different ways to us in a lot of things but that is just the way things are here, I certainly don't expect them to do things the English way just for me. Maybe you should book a week over here, I will be tour guide.
It sounds great thankyou. I really don't expect things to be English.Infact just read about the package holiday that many go on and it reminded me how much we used to avoid it! We always took a villa and a hire car so we could explore and go to local supermarkets and eat their food.Their are a great many people that do go away to a "Blackpool" with sun. That isn't for me.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

It sounds great thankyou. I really don't expect things to be English.Infact just read about the package holiday that many go on and it reminded me how much we used to avoid it! We always took a villa and a hire car so we could explore and go to local supermarkets and eat their food.Their are a great many people that do go away to a "Blackpool" with sun. That isn't for me.
Yes us too. The offer is there, I would be quite happy to show you around.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you remember those memories – often enhanced or false – about how good summer days were when you were a kid? Lots of blue sky, lots of idling time away at the beach or in the woods or next to a stream?
I reckon that is Perth today for young kids. When my kids get older, they will have memories such as these. Blue skies, the beach, swimming, playgrounds, picnics. And they will be real not imagined.
Those who think that Perth is boring – possibly to some extent – but not for young kids. It’s simple, unpolluted, clean, outdoor living at its best.

Now, back on to the corrupt state government.. (just so you don't think I've gone all soft)
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Do you remember those memories – often enhanced or false – about how good summer days were when you were a kid? Lots of blue sky, lots of idling time away at the beach or in the woods or next to a stream?
I reckon that is Perth today for young kids. When my kids get older, they will have memories such as these. Blue skies, the beach, swimming, playgrounds, picnics. And they will be real not imagined.
Those who think that Perth is boring – possibly to some extent – but not for young kids. It’s simple, unpolluted, clean, outdoor living at its best.

Now, back on to the corrupt state government.. (just so you don't think I've gone all soft)
lol. I remember 'hot' summer days in the Uk.

2 points:

i) I didn't have to work in an office then so got to experience them when they happened.

ii) It was probably 22-24 degrees perfect for playing in.

I remember being on exercise in the UK and copping the sun big time between June and August from time to time.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:56 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clougherty family
Before I came here I knew there was a time difference from the UK .....

just didn't realise it was 20 years

It would be funny if you didnt use the same line everytime someone asks about Perth!

Sam
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 4:01 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Pictures look great NB, hope to go up that way later in the year, just need to keep nagging hubby!

Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.