perth bashing

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:56 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: perth bashing

Originally Posted by northernbird
We went to Lanzarote one year, back in 1992, haven't set foot in a typically english holiday destination since. It was sheer hell.
Made the mistake of doing a budget holiday to Cyprus. Came to a similar conclusion.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:10 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i would be quite happy spending a week on penguin island,perhaps i am a boring old fart.
me and the kids with the old tent ,the barbie and the rods...no slot machines,karaoke ,or discos on there...
12 hours in a car aint that bad,have you forgotten trying to get anywhere on bank holiday weekend...
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:13 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
i would be quite happy spending a week on penguin island,perhaps i am a boring old fart.
me and the kids with the old tent ,the barbie and the rods...no slot machines,karaoke ,or discos on there...
12 hours in a car aint that bad,have you forgotten trying to get anywhere on bank holiday weekend...
No I haven't forgotten. 12 hours of straight driving is a bit mind numbing though because there isn't even any nice countryside to look at. This year we are prepared. An in car DVD player and gameboys and mp3 players for both kids have been purchased along with books and colouring books. Shouldn't hear a peep out of them for the whole 1100 km!! Thats all we will be doing, snorkelling, fishing, chilling, drinking, reading. My idea of heaven.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:25 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i have just sat here trying to think of the best holiday ive been on,it was to the dominican republic.
why did i like it,?
because it was on a beautiful beach,very quite,no doughnuts bothering you apart from a few locals selling sea shells,and above all peace and quite...i am sure i can find that in australia...

if i remember right,that was twelve hours on a plane with my knees up someones bum,and my neck being yanked off from some stranger behind,,,i quite like the idea of traveling at my own speed in my own car and getting out to stretch my legs every now and again..

it must be horrible the kids not asking for money for the slot machines every two minutes..

i thought the ozzies had got it down to a tee,with their big freezer boxes full of goodies,even at the outdoor cinemas,,
bloody fantastic...
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:27 am
Banned

No I haven't forgotten. 12 hours of straight driving is a bit mind numbing though because there isn't even any nice countryside to look at. This year we are prepared. An in car DVD player and gameboys and mp3 players for both kids have been purchased along with books and colouring books. Shouldn't hear a peep out of them for the whole 1100 km!! Thats all we will be doing, snorkelling, fishing, chilling, drinking, reading. My idea of heaven.

flippin great...
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:31 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankfully it doesn't drive us nuts but I could see how it would bother people who like their all inclusive Majorca or Tenerife holidays. We are off to a small place 12 hours drive north of Perth this Friday for 2 weeks. No TV, no mobile phone signal. Great snorkelling, swimming and general chilling out. Give me that over a beach front full of hotels and english breakfast cafes any day of the week. Different folks and all that.
Is it monkey mia your going too?? haven't been yet but want too!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:34 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
Is it monkey mia your going too?? haven't been yet but want too!!!
No Coral Bay, its even further. We haven't bothered with Monkey Mia because it doesn't have anything for us that Coral Bay doesn't have and we get to spend days up at Exmouth too. I have been told that once you take the dolphins out of the equation that Monkey Mia is a bit crap.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
not having the pleasure of living in perth and reading this forum for well over a year now,how come perth seems to cop for more flack than anywhere else in oz?
is it that more people have been there than anywhere else?
or is it as bad as people say...?

strange that you dont get other people from other places in oz coming on here and slating the life out of where they live or lived?

my friend who has just travelled all round australia and lived in sydney has just come back here to the u.k and thinks that perth is the best place he went to,hes going to settle there and start a family shortly...

hey chaps ,i am not trying to wind anyone up,i just wondered why perth ?

Before I came here I knew there was a time difference from the UK .....

just didn't realise it was 20 years
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:41 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by clougherty family

don't give up your day job will you.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

No Coral Bay, its even further. We haven't bothered with Monkey Mia because it doesn't have anything for us that Coral Bay doesn't have and we get to spend days up at Exmouth too. I have been told that once you take the dolphins out of the equation that Monkey Mia is a bit crap.
It is! (IMHO). Coral Bay was great - not too crowded either. Exmouth great for a bit more action.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

don't give up your day job will you.
OH come on NB - it was quite funny!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:51 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't realise Perth was that far ahead of the UK. Nice to hear from someone who appreciates the place.

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:52 am
Banned

what about caravans and motorhomes..

Last edited by aston man; Apr 2nd 2007 at 1:55 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:55 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It is! (IMHO). Coral Bay was great - not too crowded either. Exmouth great for a bit more action.
I am so excited, lots more of this to come...
Attached Thumbnails perth bashing-coral-bay-2006-084.jpg   perth bashing-coral-bay-2006-153.jpg   perth bashing-coral-bay-2006-142.jpg  
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:03 am
Gutter Gob!!

OH come on NB - it was quite funny!
sorry, missed the joke. Must have become far more "perthised" than I realised.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.