Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Permanent Residency - will Diabetes stop us getting it?

Permanent Residency - will Diabetes stop us getting it?

Old May 13th 2008, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

lele.juggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Permanent Residency - will Diabetes stop us getting it?

We have been in Perth for a year now on a 457 temporary Visa - my wife is sponsored as a Midwife. With her turning 45 next year - our plan was to apply for permanent residency this year, but I have just been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. Does anyone have any experience of a similar situaton. We were going to apply ourselves on-line, but now wondering whether to use a Immigration Agent who may know the way to deal with the Diabetes and the application. I do begrudge though, the thought of paying the $8000. Any thoughts most welcome, including any recommendations on Imigration Agent that is good and does not charge the earth!
Old May 13th 2008, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Permanent Residency - will Diabetes stop us getting it?

My son is type 1 insulin dep diabetic. We had no probs with PR.
Search for diabetes here for a wealth of info.
Old May 16th 2008, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Tried the search - but not really answering my question. Do I apply on-line myself, or does anybody think it would be better to use a migration agent, who may know the way to have a successful application. If so, any recommendations on migration agents?
Old May 16th 2008, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Sara W is on a distinguished road

My friend has just got his permanent residency and he's an insulin dependent diabetic.
Good luck
Sara
Old May 20th 2008, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. Does anyone have any thoughts on Migration Agents?
Old May 20th 2008, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Sara W is on a distinguished road

Do you need an agent if your wife is a midwife? You will know they are in demand. I'm a nurse approaching 45, which meant I didn't have enough 'points', but got state sponsorship for a permanent residency. The advantage of this is I am not tied to an employer, I can work anywhere I wish in WA.

Good luck,
Sara
Old May 21st 2008, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Yes, before the Diabetes, we would have just applied on-line, but just feel that an agent will be more aware of what is needed to be successful with such a medical condition. We now regret getting the 457 and should have gone for straight permanent residency and we are just a bit wary of making another mistake and end up having to return to England at the end of our 457. I notice that 'Go Matilda' subscribe to this website - has anyone used them - comments appreciated?