Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

People who bully learner drivers.

People who bully learner drivers.

Old May 4th 2012, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: People who bully learner drivers.

I'm pretty tolerant of learner drivers, it's the d***heads that sometimes instruct them to sit in the middle or fast lane of the freeway doing 80 that get on my nerves, teach them properly from the start.
Old May 4th 2012, 1:38 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Currently doing my 25 hours/logbook to get my P`s and it pees me off when people try to intmidate me - I hate driving anyway which is why it`s taken me to the grand age of 43 to get round to taking my test. Have to say the worst I`ve come across so far was a bus driver.
Old May 4th 2012, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

WTF???? P platers and learner drivers wear those little signs on their cars as a warning to other road users that they are inexperienced and more prone to errors..... Why anyone would want to go NEAR one I have no idea......

I did kevins hours with her and never had a problem with otherroad users.....

I suppose it may depend on whether the driver is being over cautious or not? But thats why they have those plates!!!!! To tell us that.....

Jeez!!!!!!
Old May 4th 2012, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Urban myth as far as I can gather. That number has been bandied about for four years now and I did ask a couple of years ago in QLD T and the woman just sighed and said 'oh not again'!
I hope its a myth again, but this time the 200 hour thing is coming from the teachers at my sons school.

The 100 hours was actually quite difficult to fit in, if you did it honestly which we did, Its a LOT of 10 minute drives to the school/shops etc.

We did trips to GC, Brisbane etc, and one month prior to the date he was 18 hours short, really annoying as many parents were just filling in the book.

So we set off for a 18 hour return journey outback, Trouble was the floods hit we got cut off after 3 hours at Gympie, kilcoy, kept trying to get west, in a big triton too, but kept getting redirected. Laughed so much and great photos, ended up at kingaroy but the whole redirection thing we got 12 hours anyway, and a giant souvenir sack of kingaroy peanuts.
Old May 4th 2012, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I am an experienced driver, having had my licence for 30 years, but I drive to the rules- speed signs are LIMITS, not targets to be broken, and it annoys me when I see people tailgating and weaving in and out doing considerably more than the limit. I always give learners a wide berth, as I do remember only too well how anxious I was (and still am) when someone is close behind me and when I'm at a junction etc.

Daughter is soon to get her L plates- when she can be bothered to sit the theory test- and I worry that there will be some hoon or chelsea tractor driver who will intimidate her.

I'd rather get to my destination a little late (though I always set off way too early to give myself time to get lost or be held up) than not to arrive by causing an accident.
Old May 4th 2012, 10:34 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
WTF???? P platers and learner drivers wear those little signs on their cars as a warning to other road users that they are inexperienced and more prone to errors..... Why anyone would want to go NEAR one I have no idea......
You have little choice when the little shits are 3 ft from your rear bumper at 110 Kph
Old May 4th 2012, 10:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

So we set off for a 18 hour return journey outback, Trouble was the floods hit we got cut off after 3 hours at Gympie, kilcoy, kept trying to get west, in a big triton too, but kept getting redirected. Laughed so much and great photos, ended up at kingaroy but the whole redirection thing we got 12 hours anyway, and a giant souvenir sack of kingaroy peanuts.
You got 12 hours in/near Kingaroy and lived to tell the tale?! I've always admired your stoicism, but that is beyond everything.
Respect guys, you deserve it!!!
Old May 5th 2012, 6:14 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

There's just no doubt the quality of drivers in Brisbane is very poor. Extremely poor. Behind a police car yesterday that indicated right to go straight over a roundabout.
Old May 5th 2012, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Brisbane. Judging by the above posts, it seems others have experienced similar, unfortunately.

Your daughter was lucky from what I see.
15 months of luck. Don't think so.

Originally Posted by Grayling
Most of the cars that have tried to bully me have been P platers.....and I am no slouch when driving.

Most of the really bad driving I have seen has been by P platers
A load of tosh as usual.

You have little choice when the little shits are 3 ft from your rear bumper at 110 Kph
Then you are the bad driver. Awareness and avoidance is your best defense.

Originally Posted by andrew63
There's just no doubt the quality of drivers in Brisbane is very poor. Extremely poor. Behind a police car yesterday that indicated right to go straight over a roundabout.
At least they indicate. I never figured that one out until I saw a police car indicate RIGHT around a bend where I was waiting to turn into from a side road.

Last edited by Alfresco; May 5th 2012 at 9:15 am.
Old May 5th 2012, 9:25 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco

A load of tosh as usual.

Well you would know wouldn't you

As you are the only one who has a reasonable balanced opinion on this site
Old May 5th 2012, 9:26 am
Bitter and twisted

Then you are the bad driver. Awareness and avoidance is your best defense.

So come on then smartarse.....how do you prevent some little dickhead from driving up your rear?
Old May 5th 2012, 9:30 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by andrew63
Brisbane drivers must be the worst in the world.

Too few brain cells shared amongst too many people
Old May 5th 2012, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Well you would know wouldn't you

As you are the only one who has a reasonable balanced opinion on this site
Nope! There are others.

So come on then smartarse.....how do you prevent some little dickhead from driving up your rear?
Awareness and avoidance is your best form of defense. Observation is really good too!

Brisbane drivers must be the worst in the world.

Too few brain cells shared amongst too many people
Wrong. You don't know all the bad driving in the world, to be able arrive at that conclusion.

Last edited by Alfresco; May 5th 2012 at 10:06 am.
Old May 5th 2012, 10:32 am
Bitter and twisted

Awareness and avoidance is your best form of defense. Observation is really good too!

OK....as you obviously didn't understand the question?

How do you prevent someone from driving up behind you?
Old May 5th 2012, 10:35 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

OK....as you obviously didn't understand the question?

How do you prevent someone from driving up behind you?
Ya lean out yer window with an AK47,job done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.