Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

people have some funny ideas bout uk!

people have some funny ideas bout uk!

Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

foreverhoping1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default people have some funny ideas bout uk!

Was having my hair cut today (live on sunshine coast) and lady seriously believed it was so violent in the UK that people are terrified to leave their homes! it makes me laugh when i hear descriptions like that. im left wondering which particular UK they are talking about! anyone else noticed this sort of thing?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:33 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default Re: people have some funny ideas bout uk!

Apparntly some Americans can't understand why folk in Edinburgh would build a castle right next to a train station.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:37 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Apparntly some Americans can't understand why folk in Edinburgh would build a castle right next to a train station.
yes but they [americans] also believe the Haggis is a real live furry animal that has 3 legs and lives in burrows and is beaten to a pulp by mad men with ginger hair and skirts .
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:41 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by king kong
yes but they [americans] also believe the Haggis is a real live furry animal that has 3 legs and lives in burrows and is beaten to a pulp by mad men with ginger hair and skirts .
Rubbish - haggis have four legs. They are longer on side than the other which makes them ideal for running around hills (clockwise only).
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

foreverhoping1 is an unknown quantity at this point

isnt it then?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:23 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foreverhoping1
Was having my hair cut today (live on sunshine coast) and lady seriously believed it was so violent in the UK that people are terrified to leave their homes! it makes me laugh when i hear descriptions like that. im left wondering which particular UK they are talking about! anyone else noticed this sort of thing?
Actually I think it's more that they have funny ideas about Australia.....lucky country, best (safest) in the world n'all that. 2 people have been murdered (one beaten to death, one random shooting) on the Sunny Coast in the last week but I bet they didn't rate a mention.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bcworld
Actually I think it's more that they have funny ideas about Australia.....lucky country, best (safest) in the world n'all that. 2 people have been murdered (one beaten to death, one random shooting) on the Sunny Coast in the last week but I bet they didn't rate a mention.
Talking about funny ideas, that avatar is really interesting!!!!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:51 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by tasmas
Talking about funny ideas, that avatar is really interesting!!!!
Aw thanks! I was just acting out some of my funny ideas about Oz!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Aw thanks! I was just acting out some of my funny ideas about Oz!
You mean people don't look like that 24 hours a day? Gutted, not coming now.
Tracy
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:22 am
Banned

tassietiger will become famous soon enough

Bit strange alot of people in the UK think the only country in the world where the people are decended from criminals is crime free. maybe they think its like neighbours and home and way or something.

Last edited by tassietiger; Jul 7th 2008 at 11:25 am.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:27 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by tassietiger
Bit strange alot of people in the UK think the only country in the world where the people are decended from criminals is crime free. maybe they think its like neighbours and home and way or something.
Well I went to 'Ramsay St' and got stung by a wasp - crime free indeed!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Well I went to 'Ramsay St' and got stung by a wasp - crime free indeed!

Wouldn't that wasp have died after it stung you? So really you murdered it. What you did to it was far worse than a little sting.

Did you scream like a girl?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:34 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Wouldn't that wasp have died after it stung you? So really you murdered it. What you did to it was far worse than a little sting.

Did you scream like a girl?
Yes and yes. Given where it stung me, I ended up sitting on it!

And under Qld laws I'll just say I didn't mean it and the judge will let me off, so
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes and yes. Given where it stung me, I ended up sitting on it!

And under Qld laws I'll just say I didn't mean it and the judge will let me off, so
It stung you on the buttock?!!!! OUCH. Through your clothes, or were you visiting Ramsey Street naked? What a thought.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:51 am
Frequent Flyer Member

It stung you on the buttock?!!!! OUCH. Through your clothes, or were you visiting Ramsey Street naked? What a thought.
Yeah, I was the streaker during a game of cul-de-sac cricket. Just had on me cork hat.

To the OP, sorry for hijacking!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.