Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Pay it forward........

Pay it forward........

Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:20 am
Just Joined

Newbie13 is just really niceNewbie13 is just really niceNewbie13 is just really niceNewbie13 is just really niceNewbie13 is just really niceNewbie13 is just really niceNewbie13 is just really niceNewbie13 is just really nice
Default Pay it forward........

I am a 40+ mum of a two year old who has recently arrived in Brisbane CBD.

I am originally from London but have spent the last five years in Hong Kong. When I arrived In Hong Kong a very good friend took me under her wing and showed me around + shared her knowledge.
After a couple of years I was no longer a "newbie" and I knew how hard it was for people who had just arrived to be away from all their friends and family so I would take them under my wing and show them around / be at the end of the phone ect....
At one time or another you were new to Australia and you know how it can feel to be isolated.
I am now the "newbie" again and I am looking for a wing, in return I promise to "pay it forward".
Do you want to join the pay it forward club? Knowledge is a powerful thing and if you can help just one person to settle in here in OZ, I am sure the saying "what goes around, comes around" will find its way to you..
Thanks for taking the time to read my thread.
V