Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Pauline Hanson - O the irony!

Pauline Hanson - O the irony!

Old Feb 14th 2010, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pauline Hanson - O the irony!

Originally Posted by Aussie30
You are so wrong! She did not 'stand up for for what most Australians were thinking' that is why she failed dismally! The government never listened to what she had to say, because they knew how unpopular her views were to the majority of Australians,especially her views on Indigenous Australians and Immigration.
The speech she gave was shameful.
Really? For a novice she done pretty damn well in WA and QLD and put the fear of god in the Conservative Coalition. A large number of working class and rural voters did indeed come on side.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

One of the articles quotes her as saying "Australia is no longer the land of opportunity".

Theres more than a grain of truth in it, as a migrant from 2000, the streets for immigrants really were paved with gold back then compared to now.

In a pauline type of way I would say why move to the ass end of nowhere ( keating quote ) now its so bloody expensive and totally uncompetitive in almost everything.
Certainly not the opportunity that was present a decade or more ago...
Old Feb 14th 2010, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Really? For a novice she done pretty damn well in WA and QLD and put the fear of god in the Conservative Coalition. A large number of working class and rural voters did indeed come on side.

Thank christ I'm not from up there!!! And yes, really, majority is not a few groups of red necks in QLD and WA!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 11:24 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

She polled 30% or thereabouts in her seat and lost and the One Nation best turnout was 9% of the vote across Australia. Now they're down at about 5% they have or had a senator apparently but I got bored reading after that.

The One Nation (previously called - Pauline Hanson's One Nation) manifesto calls for the right to bear arms - fgs. They want to introduce similar gun control in Australia that exists in the good 'ol US&A to keep all them commies out. (for commies perhaps that should read asians)

Their manifesto is a pile of crap - two out of 22 items talking about rewarding those who fight /defened etc our country - yeah great, but really... need to explicitly mention it twice? They want to "defend and protect the flag" from what precisely is unclear, I don't recall any UN motions being tabled to change the australian flag recently. Matters such as taxation, crime, education, etc come in at number 19 on the list and are related to 'political correctness' idiots. Abolition of discriminatory policies ranks at #19 just after the creation of a national bank.... er....
Old Feb 14th 2010, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Do not recall her being against immigration only folk coming from lands that in her book would not fit into the hoist society.
She seemed to be quite okay with the past policy of British people migrating to Australia, whose way of life was very different to the host society of the aborigines. In fact, she had a big problem with the host society, did she not? It's hypocritical then to turn to subsequent migrants (who migrated without force who do not expect the previous generations to conform to their way of life) and tell them to conform to the norms of the not quite first but previous group of migrants.

It's not a consistent outlook and you can't have it both ways.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:26 am
ABCDiamond

The interesting thing about all this is that everyone refers to her 1996 speech on immigration.

Her election result at the time was:

September 10th, 1996
The win by Pauline Hanson in Oxley in March 1996, was the biggest swing (19%) against a sitting member anywhere. Pauline Hanson obtained 48.61% of the primary vote, Labor's Les Scott 39.36% and the Democrats David Pullen 6.08%.
Her speech can be seen at:
http://nswonenation.com.au/parliamen...sosnspeech.htm

Some excerpts are:
I call for the introduction of national service for a period of 12 months, compulsory for males and females upon finishing year 12 or reaching 18 years of age.
Wake up Australia before it is too late. Australians need and want leaders who can inspire and give hope in difficult times. Now is the time for the Howard Government to accept the challenge.
Immigration and multiculturalism are issues that this government is trying to address, but for too long ordinary Australians have been kept out of any debate by the major parties. I and most Australians want our immigration policy radically reviewed and that of multiculturalism abolished.
They have their own culture and religion, form ghettos and do not assimilate. Of course I will be called racist but if I can invite who I want into my home, then I should have the right to have a say in who comes into my country. A truly multicultural country can never be strong or united.

Arthur Calwell was a great Australian and Labour leader. It is a pity that there are not men of his stature sitting on the opposition benches today. Arthur Calwell said: "Japan, India, Burma, Ceylon and every new African nation are fiercely anti-white and anti one another. Do we want or need any of these people here? I am one red blooded Australian who says no and who speaks for 90% of Australians."
From other things that I have read, she was not against those who did want to assimilate and become a part of Australia, just against those who wanted to create their own homelands with their own original ways, but here in Australia.

Do people really disagree with everything she says ?

Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:33 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by mohogony
she was in jail and has a criminal record so why is the UK letting her in?
Maybe she doesn't actually have a criminal record ?

There appears to be a lot of misinformation about....

November 9, 2003
Pauline Hanson walked out of Brisbane Women's Prison on Thursday, not only a free woman, but cleared of those devastating fraud charges
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...013386611.html

Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:33 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Princess Leia
She seemed to be quite okay with the past policy of British people migrating to Australia, whose way of life was very different to the host society of the aborigines. In fact, she had a big problem with the host society, did she not? It's hypocritical then to turn to subsequent migrants (who migrated without force who do not expect the previous generations to conform to their way of life) and tell them to conform to the norms of the not quite first but previous group of migrants.

It's not a consistent outlook and you can't have it both ways.
Oh but you can! We all hold inconsistent views.

Taking Justice as an example

I'm sure you (1) support aboriginal right's but do you (2) support traditional justice?

- if you answer no to 2 you are happy for us to impose our value system on the first Australians, if you answer yes then you condone "cruel" possibly fatal justice for relatively minor crimes, if you say yes to 2 for the Aboriginals but no for western origin people then you do not believe that we should all be treated equally.

If you can answer yes to these two questions try a three and four (3) should immigrants be able to bring their own justice system - the brits did after all - (4) Should we allow Sharia law in Australia if Muslims want to bring it.

The world is a complicated place, It's perfectly normal for us to hold inconsistent views, its just that most of us don't attempt to get elected on them!

For me:
1) yes
2) no
3) no
4) hell no!
Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:34 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Do people really disagree with everything she says ?
I suggest you duck now. !!

You are obviously a rabid fascist lunatic who needs to be pilloried.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:35 am
ABCDiamond

Her father was English and her mother was Irish, which means she can hold dual citizenship.

No problems for moving to the UK for her, not like most migrants.

Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:36 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe she doesn't actually have a criminal record ?

There appears to be a lot of misinformation about....

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...013386611.html
She doesn't, they overturned on appeal and she received a formal apology
Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:38 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I suggest you duck now. !!

You are obviously a rabid fascist lunatic who needs to be pilloried.
National Service ? Good Idea

Australians want our immigration policy radically reviewed ? Good Idea (actually it is happening now)

Getting migrants to become part of the country and join in rather than segregate ? Good Idea Many of them do anyway, and almost everyone complains about those that don't.

Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:40 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

National Service ? Good Idea

Australians want our immigration policy radically reviewed ? Good Idea (actually it is happening now)

Getting migrants to become part of the country and join in rather than segregate ? Good Idea Many of them do anyway, and almost everyone complains about those that don't.
Ditto.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I have respect for the woman because she refuses to jump on the bandwagon of popular opinion. A loss to Australia.
Agree, I have no problem with her. At least she speaks her mind and brings open debate - compare that to KRudd.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:55 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
She'll fit right into Barking and Dagenahm...
..and Tower Hamlets...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.