British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Pauline Hanson - O the irony! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/pauline-hanson-o-irony-654776/)

Ozzidoc Feb 14th 2010 3:36 pm

Pauline Hanson - O the irony!

http://www.smh.com.au/national/i-won...0214-nzkr.html

This should be good!

Aussie30 Feb 14th 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Pauline Hanson - O the irony!

Good riddance!!!!!!!!!!:frown:

livinginreality Feb 14th 2010 4:20 pm

Oh sweet jesus no!:rofl:Oh well it could be worse,it could of been Crud!:eek:

Vash the Stampede Feb 14th 2010 5:47 pm

She'll fit right into Barking and Dagenahm...

elfman Feb 14th 2010 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 8341156)

is she going to claim asylum?

tiredwithtwins Feb 14th 2010 5:53 pm

:rofl:
... bloody nerve of the woman!!!

Petals Feb 14th 2010 6:21 pm

I cannot understand why people vilify this lady, all she did was stand up and say what at the time most Australians were thinking and she actually got the government to change its course, they took on her policies after that.

People migrate for democracy and that is the society we live in here and everyone has their view and they are valid. Cannot expect to agree with everyone.

I cannot stand people who play the person, play the policy or the party not the person its just a job. Too much of it these days.

Hate is a very strong word and I fail to see how I could hate someone I actually have not met. I might not like what they are saying but that is different.

Everytime this lady is in the news such vitriol, unbelievable.

Lets face it she might be good for the UK :D

paulry Feb 14th 2010 6:55 pm

I have respect for the woman because she refuses to jump on the bandwagon of popular opinion. A loss to Australia.

bcworld Feb 14th 2010 7:02 pm

A new columnist for the Daily Mail?

livinginreality Feb 14th 2010 7:19 pm

Maybe she will join the BNP?:D

Bernieboy Feb 14th 2010 7:27 pm

Rumour has it Broad shoulders did a number on her:blink:

Aussie30 Feb 14th 2010 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Petals (Post 8341564)
I cannot understand why people vilify this lady, all she did was stand up and say what at the time most Australians were thinking and she actually got the government to change its course, they took on her policies after that.

People migrate for democracy and that is the society we live in here and everyone has their view and they are valid. Cannot expect to agree with everyone.

I cannot stand people who play the person, play the policy or the party not the person its just a job. Too much of it these days.

Hate is a very strong word and I fail to see how I could hate someone I actually have not met. I might not like what they are saying but that is different.

Yeah right! Nobody I know agrees with anything she has ever said.

Bernieboy Feb 14th 2010 7:32 pm

It would appear her mother was Irish,mmmm with her views her mother must have been from protestant stock:rolleyes:

tiredwithtwins Feb 14th 2010 7:40 pm

I havent said i hate her, nor has anyone else ??
i just find her a little hippocritical ...
''The woman who launched a political career on an anti-immigration platform is set to become an immigrant herself. Only days after declaring she was finished with politics, the former One Nation leader Pauline Hanson has revealed plans to sell her Queensland property and resettle in Britain, potentially for good''

Vash the Stampede Feb 14th 2010 8:27 pm

I cannot understand why people vilify this lady, all she did was stand up and say what at the time most Australians were thinking

No she didn't. Most Australians were thinking the complete opposite, which is why her political ambitions failed and her party fell apart. The public support just wasn't there.

and she actually got the government to change its course, they took on her policies after that.
No they didn't. The Howard government restricted immigration (just like the Labor government before it) but nowhere near as much as Hanson wanted. She had called for zero immigration! :blink: