Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

PaulandNic says don't come to Australia if you're soft as shit!

PaulandNic says don't come to Australia if you're soft as shit!

Old Jun 19th 2013, 10:41 am
Account Closed

James.H is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PaulandNic says don't come to Australia if you're soft as shit!

I've got a dog that we brought over from the UK with us 7 years ago. He's 11 and a half years old, and has unfortunately developed cancer. He has VERY limited time left ... I've asked for some time off to be with him in what could be his last few days.

This is the txt msg I've got after asking...

Sort myself out? ... how the **** do I do that then?

Bloke who sent it is the bloke who said instead of paying the $5,000 odd to bring him over, I should've just give him to a friend and got another when I got here. That's the general consensus from most Aussies I mention this to.

Never mind cultural difference, they're from Mars and Poms are from Venus, clearly!

I have a very good job that pays well and all the rest, but my dog is more important and I'll prob lose my job over this, but TBH I don't give a **** anymore.

Barbarian city it is here, but I tell ya, If you're soft like me, then don't bother as you'll find the brash Aussie way hard to deal with. Let alone the fact that half of them are Bertie Smalls (Google it if you don't know) as I've had colleagues at work grass me up to my boss for overtaking them on the highway at a massive 120kph. **** knows what ever happened to comrardery as it just don't exist here. I've had colleagues stab me in the back at most companies I've worked for here.

Dirty sneaky bastards!

I'm giving it to the end of the year and then **** knows where I'm goin, but can't see me being here much longer.

Where I came from people get a good kicking if they grass a friend up. Here it's the norm it appears.

Chalk & cheese, beware!
Old Jun 19th 2013, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PaulandNic says don't come to Australia if you're soft as shit!

Originally Posted by James.H
I've got a dog that we brought over from the UK with us 7 years ago. He's 11 and a half years old, and has unfortunately developed cancer. He has VERY limited time left ... I've asked for some time off to be with him in what could be his last few days.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps37c538f6.jpg

Bloke who sent it is the bloke who said instead of paying the $5,000 odd to bring him over, I should've just give him to a friend and got another when I got here. That's the general consensus from most Aussies I mention this to.

Never mind cultural difference, they're from Mars and Poms are from Venus, clearly!

I have a very good job that pays well and all the rest, but my dog is more important and I'll prob lose my job over this, but TBH I don't give a **** anymore.

Barbarian city it is here, but I tell ya, If you're soft like me, then don't bother as you'll find the brash Aussie way hard to deal with. Let alone the fact that half of them are Bertie Smalls (Google it if you don't know) as I've had colleagues at work grass me up to my boss for overtaking them on the highway at a massive 120kph. **** knows what ever happened to comrardery as it just don't exist here. I've had colleagues stab me in the back at most companies I've worked for here.

Dirty sneaky bastards!

I'm giving it to the end of the year and then **** knows where I'm goin, but can't see me being here much longer.

Where I came from people get a good kicking if they grass a friend up. Here it's the norm it appears.

Chalk & cheese, beware!

Sounds like an idiot mate.

You should come down South hun, people are a lot nicer down here. My boss took a week off when his dog died last year. He had to take holidays, but there were no questions asked.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. See this all the time. Oz love the knife in the back.

I now FIFO to Africa and you see very few Oz geologists because they know if they behaved the way they do in Oz, they would suddenly wake up a few hundred km from anyone in the middle of the bush.

It is bizarre in this place that talks about mateship. Most would plunge a knife into their best mate if they thought they would get them a new plasma tv.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
It is bizarre in this place that talks about mateship. Most would plunge a knife into their best mate if they thought they would get them a new plasma tv.
or a PM role
Old Jun 19th 2013, 11:25 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I now FIFO to Africa and you see very few Oz geologists because they know if they behaved the way they do in Oz, they would suddenly wake up a few hundred km from anyone in the middle of the bush.

Soooo true
Old Jun 19th 2013, 11:54 am
Account Closed

It's all bollox. I've had someone phone my company because the stereo in my car was too loud!

FFS do these people have nothing better to do?
Old Jun 19th 2013, 12:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It's all bollox. I've had someone phone my company because the stereo in my car was too loud!

FFS do these people have nothing better to do?
Shame you closed your old account really, the title won't make sense to a lot of posters who don't know your history......
Old Jun 19th 2013, 12:20 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

+1 to Backstabbers being in many Australian workplaces.

My sympathies with regards to your pet dog. In a situation like this, you might have been better off lying through your teeth, going to the dr to get stress leave and calling in sick.

Too honest for your own good.

That's what an Aussie boss told me once. It's a shame that honesty and decency are so often interpreted as weakness in these parts...
Old Jun 19th 2013, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Dirty sneaky bastards!

Chalk & cheese, beware!
Stabbing in the back, no loyalty and grassing up a work mate all sadly a way of life at work in Australia. Took awhile to come to that realization and a little bit of pain in the process.
The mate thingy must be the biggest lie about Australia. Watch your back here matey, usually someone ready to do the dirty to get ahead.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

One of the lesser matey countries can think of off hand. Do most actually have mates?
Old Jun 19th 2013, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Is this thread a wind up ?

Are you seriously telling us that that you asked your employer for time off because your dog was crook and are now upset because they said no ?

For Gods sake grow up. By all means take some time off......take tomorrow morning off to take the dog to the vets and have it put out of it's misery. Then give yourself an hour for a good weep, take a shower and get back to work.

What's the next excuse for not working as contracted....."My cat's pregnant, does my maternity leave provision cover my extended family ?"....."my Daffodils are in bud and almost ready to flower"........" I spent the weekend washing the car and the weather forecast says chance of rain" ?

Grow a pair, do the right thing and have the dog put down and then get back to work and apologise to your supervisor for wasting their time with your 'request'.

Dirty sneaky bastards!

Chalk & cheese, beware!
Old Jun 19th 2013, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hino

Are you seriously telling us that that you asked your employer for time off because your dog was crook and are now upset because they said no ?

For Gods sake grow up. By all means take some time off......take tomorrow morning off to take the dog to the vets and have it put out of it's misery. Then give yourself an hour for a good weep, take a shower and get back to work.

What's the next excuse for not working as contracted....."My cat's pregnant, does my maternity leave provision cover my extended family ?"....."my Daffodils are in bud and almost ready to flower"........" I spent the weekend washing the car and the weather forecast says chance of rain" ?

Grow a pair, do the right thing and have the dog put down and then get back to work and apologise to your supervisor for wasting their time with your 'request'.
Kind of agree with this post. Everyone deals with situations differently though I guess. My dog that I had for 14 years got cancer and I had to take him one morning to get him put down and then I had to go to a very important exam later that same morning! I still has my dogs collar in the car that I walked out of the vets with when I arrived at Uni.

After leaving the vets I spent 20 mins in the car getting over it as best I could, then a deep breath and on-wards with the day and what had to be done.

At the end of the day I had a few stiff drinks with my mates then.

But as I said everyone is different I guess.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

Edit =*nothing salvageable*

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jun 19th 2013 at 1:17 pm. Reason: Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if you don't agree
Old Jun 19th 2013, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

Oh and you're clearly a pet lover .... NOT!

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jun 19th 2013 at 1:15 pm. Reason: Let's not do name calling
Old Jun 19th 2013, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

Oh and himbo, just received this via PM...

*quote deleted*

I've been around this forum for over 10 years and thankfully never come across you before. I'd LOVE to face to face if you can get your wanky ass to Brisbane?

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jun 19th 2013 at 1:28 pm. Reason: Please don't quote PM's , rule 6

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.