Wikiposts

Passport Photos

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Passport Photos

Is there a Pasport Photo template? because we all have printers and digital cameras these days so I just wonder instead of going to a both can we do it at home?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Passport Photos

Dunno but its a good idea...specially when you have to pay nearly 4 quid per photo and there are 6 people in the family....and then on the last chance pic the little darling pulls an undesirable face and you have to pay again. :curse:

Let me know if you come across one.

Nickie
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You could nip into a KMart and ask if you can copy their template. Or you could download the rights and wrongs, rules and regs of photos from the Aus Passport site. I seem to remember something that I had to take to the photo shop in the UK so the forehead was the right size
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:24 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I had mine and my daughter's passport pics done at a photo shop - I think it was 4 or 5 pounds for the six pics - but we got to approve the pic before he printed it. Took 5 minutes or so and was much nicer than those awful photo booths, much less hit and miss! Mind you, having said that, I forgot to take a brush with me and it was a windy day so I still look like a wild woman .. but I decided that chances were I would get the sympathy vote from immigration
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:28 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edie209
Is there a Pasport Photo template? because we all have printers and digital cameras these days so I just wonder instead of going to a both can we do it at home?
Do you mean British or Australian passports ?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Centurion
Do you mean British or Australian passports ?
Sorry that would be a good start British but its for the medical papers and the Police papers
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

In NZ they are really picky. Photos have to be done on certain quality paper, with no shadows on your face and a background different from your hair and God help you if you smile. My son's was rejected twice because he had shadow from his glasses. In the end the photoshop gave him a pair of rims without glass. Mine looks like I've just woken up after a really hard night and I wished they'd rejected it. You'd be better to find out what the rules are.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I've seen one that came with the printer software, Canon I think, you select one photo and tell it how many copies you want, it's possible to have two different people on one sheet. I think it had a default size but you could also change this, some Pacific Island and possibly other countries want a different size.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:34 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry that would be a good start British but its for the medical papers and the Police papers
Ahh, sorry. Ignore my previous post then Same info probably applies to the UK Passport Service web site though.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:39 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard of lots of cases of people having photos rejected for passports. In one case they even went to the place recommended by the passport people and it was still rejected.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

if it's for the medical papers, we have just done ours. We printed them off ourselves, just tried to copy the passports for size. When we did our medicals (yesterday whooppeeeeee), the Doc said it was just to check that the passport photo resembles the one on the medical paperwork ( I asked this cos my boy now 3 and 1/2 looks simular, but obviously kids grow and change all the time). Said all the photos where fine!

But if you are worried, go and get a passport renewal form from the post office cos they contain a leaflet on do's and don'ts including sizes etc.
Hope this helps.
Donna.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by winedonju
if it's for the medical papers, we have just done ours. We printed them off ourselves, just tried to copy the passports for size. When we did our medicals (yesterday whooppeeeeee), the Doc said it was just to check that the passport photo resembles the one on the medical paperwork ( I asked this cos my boy now 3 and 1/2 looks simular, but obviously kids grow and change all the time). Said all the photos where fine!

But if you are worried, go and get a passport renewal form from the post office cos they contain a leaflet on do's and don'ts including sizes etc.
Hope this helps.
Donna.
Thanks for that Donna I will pick up a form tomorrow and do as you have if I manage to make a template I will make it available for people to download