Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Paris attacks/explosions

Paris attacks/explosions

Old Nov 14th 2015, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paris attacks/explosions

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Time to harden your hearts, stiffen your resolve, seal your borders, bring on the killing

You punch me in the face, I hit you with a sledgehammer

A body for an eye

Vasbyt
Rant of a bloodthirtsty madman....
Old Nov 14th 2015, 12:47 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Meanwhile on the human side of it....many of us have friends, family in Paris. I have a lovely friend there who I met in Brisbane when she was backpacking. She loves music and goes to a lot of concerts......
It was a loooong couple of hours before I knew she was safe.

RIP those who were not so lucky.
My FIL is in Paris. Only just heard from him this morning. Also safe.

So many will have had much worse news.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 12:56 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.theguardian.com/world/gal...tims-friday-13

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Nov 14th 2015 at 12:58 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 2:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
My FIL is in Paris. Only just heard from him this morning. Also safe.

So many will have had much worse news.
Glad he is ok
Old Nov 14th 2015, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I really amazed that Cameron hasn't been at the forefront with at least a televised statement, instead he has limited himself to a written statement given out to the media.
Turn on the BBC right now. You will see his lengthy speech.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 3:03 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rajj
Rant of a bloodthirtsty madman....
There he is! BE's resident terrorist 'it's not their fault' apologist

Mongy, mongy, mongy

Let's just ignore it then

No problems, nothing to worry about, life's sweeeeet

Time to forgive and forget and remember that the west is ALWAYS to blame
Old Nov 14th 2015, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute

Mongy, mongy, mongy

Let's just ignore it then

No problems, nothing to worry about, life's sweeeeet

Time to forgive and forget and remember that the west is ALWAYS to blame
Yeah yeah, get the pitchfork out.. that'll sort it. just like all the retaliatory wars over the lasst 15 years has improved things. LETS BOMB SYRIA AND IRAN eh? thats your next move eh?
Old Nov 14th 2015, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

The only reason I pop over onto BE is to read your loon political rants and to drag such threads into the gutter where they belong. You use BE to spread your version of hate. So feel privileged .... YOU are BE to me.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The rants from the looney right never actually come up with sensible suggestions about what could be done. Internment ? Deportation ? Re-instatement of the White Australia Policy ? Make all citizens subscribe to the 39 Articles ?
Come one, tell us what you would do.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot47
The rants from the looney right never actually come up with sensible suggestions about what could be done. Internment ? Deportation ? Re-instatement of the White Australia Policy ? Make all citizens subscribe to the 39 Articles ?Come one, tell us what you would do.
You firstWhat absolutely blows me away is that people like yourself seem to have more of an issue with people who are visibly outraged about this, and direct their anger at the perpetrators than you do at the perpetrators themselves. This was a cowardly act by backwards ****heads who want the rest of the world to join them in the dark ages. You don't organise something like this without a support network, and quite a substantial one, but these will be mostly 'innocent Muslims'The right wing have outlined exactly what they want done, stop the unfettered migration, assimilate or bugger off etc etc, and it WILL happen eventually, if the situation doesn't change. So what are the left doing to make the right wing solution less appealing to the masses????? Nothing, that's what.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Nov 14th 2015 at 8:33 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
'The right wing have outlined exactly what they want done, stop the unfettered migration, assimilate or bugger off etc etc, and it WILL happen eventually, if the situation doesn't change. S
In the real world going forward, You have failed to stop people like me from coming "Here" and you can rest assure I would never ******* assimilate with the likes of zulu, nor would I bugger off and what pisses you off is that there is NOTHING you can do about it. haha. Plus "WE" are gaining more and more influence and you cannot stop that either.
While the right wing have been saying that shite over the last 13 years i've been in melbourne, "WE" have increased in numbers and influence so they can bleat all they want but it will not stop 'us'.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

PS I enjoyed my last glass of Whiskey :-)
Old Nov 14th 2015, 11:03 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

In the real world going forward, You have failed to stop people like me from coming "Here" and you can rest assure I would never ******* assimilate with the likes of zulu, nor would I bugger off and what pisses you off is that there is NOTHING you can do about it. haha. Plus "WE" are gaining more and more influence and you cannot stop that either.
While the right wing have been saying that shite over the last 13 years i've been in melbourne, "WE" have increased in numbers and influence so they can bleat all they want but it will not stop 'us'.
Whilst I'd never agree with Amazulu, you have to understand where that attitude will lead. You cannot come to country with a particular culture, ignore it and keep your previous culture, and then rub it in the face of those who are natives of the country.

You do that, you get race war on the streets and dead bodies in the gutter.

Like it or not coming to a country means assimilating to the culture of that country mainly - being part of it. Trying to take the money, the standard of living, and reject the rest, isn't on. It's not viable long term - which is where I think the talk of multiculturalism is daft. It holds out the idea that you can do the above, and it's neither viable in the long term, nor respectful of why you should be immigrating in the first place.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GarryP
Whilst I'd never agree with Amazulu, you have to understand where that attitude will lead. You cannot come to country with a particular culture, ignore it and keep your previous culture, and then rub it in the face of those who are natives of the country.

You do that, you get race war on the streets and dead bodies in the gutter.

Like it or not coming to a country means assimilating to the culture of that country mainly - being part of it. Trying to take the money, the standard of living, and reject the rest, isn't on. It's not viable long term - which is where I think the talk of multiculturalism is daft. It holds out the idea that you can do the above, and it's neither viable in the long term, nor respectful of why you should be immigrating in the first place.
I get the feeling i'd happily assimilate with the likes of you and most normal people.. NOT Zulu as he has form as is proud of his past "killing of Blacks" days.... I have a problem with right wing nutters (with form going back decades) going...kill kill kill 'assimilate of bugger off' X3 geert is a good decent guy x 3 etc. Zulu is literally using BE to spread division. If that's the benchmark being set, then you can forget about assimilation and people living in harmony.... who do you really believe is wanting to live in a successful, 'multicultural', viable, non ignorant, pleasant society ...me or zulu??
Old Nov 15th 2015, 12:02 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

I get the feeling i'd happily assimilate with the likes of you and most normal people.. NOT Zulu as he has form as is proud of his past "killing of Blacks" days.... I have a problem with right wing nutters (with form going back decades) going...kill kill kill 'assimilate of bugger off' X3 geert is a good decent guy x 3 etc. Zulu is literally using BE to spread division. If that's the benchmark being set, then you can forget about assimilation and people living in harmony.... who do you really believe is wanting to live in a successful, 'multicultural', viable, non ignorant, pleasant society ...me or zulu??
You may have noticed that I block amazulu. It follows the last time geert wilders was barking at these shores and amazulu was adamantly defending him - even though it was very obvious that he was a racist. I've never quite worked out if 'zulu does it because he's trolling, or because his SA background means he actually is that racist - but either way, he's not worth the time.

Frankly, amazulu is one of those that needs to assimilate; to understand the racist culture and confrontational mindset that he came from is not something he can import here. He needs to turn that finger around and point it at himself.

See, thing is, I can understand why 'zulu has that cultural bias. You can't visit SA and not see the siege mentality, the 'us and them', and the inherent guilt based dissonance that has to be resolved somehow. But part of the point of coming to somewhere like Australia is to get away from that, to put it away, and he can't.

Same thing with religion, and islam in particular. Part of the point of coming to somewhere like Australia rather than staying in, say, UAE, is to escape the perversive, destructive, stench of islam and what it does to a society. Religion needs to be like fishing, something you do, as a hobby, not as an all consuming lifestyle. You come here to get away from it; because if you WANT and NEED it to be your entire life, then you are better off in a country where that will be accepted. It's never going to work here, nor should it.

Think of it as Australian culture to be the mean, and multiculturalism to be the standard deviation. You need to make sure as an immigrant you sit within 1 SD of the mean, and assimilate to the degree that that is the case. If you won't or can't, they you aren't going to be an 'Australian', and it'll be a struggle for you every day.

That's how societies work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.