Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Parents-in-Law have booked a hotel in Dubai which is really a brothel

Wikiposts

Parents-in-Law have booked a hotel in Dubai which is really a brothel

Old Apr 25th 2006, 7:40 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents-in-Law have booked a hotel in Dubai which is really a brothel

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Oh my goodness what can we do???!!

I posted a message on the Dubai site to try and get a bit more info on the place they are staying (from this saturday for 5 night on way back to UK), and got a PM from the (very helpful) Dubai Moderator that this place should be avoided at all costs.

I have tried to cancel it for them (Mother in Law is nearly 70) but they booked and paid for it 6 months ago through some Thailand based website

Said website won't cancel it or even upgrade them to another hotel and they would pay the difference.

Would the actual hotel in Dubai have received the money yet?

This is such a shame, I hate feeling so helpless. We've had a such a fabulous time with them and they have loved their first visit to Oz, I just don't want their last 5 nights to be in some dreadful place.

Any advice guys??
Why not put your hand in your pocket and help them out ?
Old Apr 25th 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents-in-Law have booked a hotel in Dubai which is really a brothel

Originally Posted by Thydney
not necessarily it's the old 'not fit for the purpose for which it was sold' if they take it in payment the can do a reclaim try you've nothing to lose

I like your style. A web booking based out of Thailand for a hotel in Dubai for a Brit couple transitting and you want them to argue some of the finer points that lawyers in first world places wax fat on!

Tell the oldies to trot in there as large as life and enjoy themselves. Its more likely than not that the good people who utilise said hotel will adopt them and keep an eye on them.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 2:07 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ialibu
I like your style. A web booking based out of Thailand for a hotel in Dubai for a Brit couple transitting and you want them to argue some of the finer points that lawyers in first world places wax fat on!

Tell the oldies to trot in there as large as life and enjoy themselves. Its more likely than not that the good people who utilise said hotel will adopt them and keep an eye on them.

I would assume he has a Uk card and would be covered by UK law his argument would be with them as they are responsible.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

May I ask what the name of the hotel is ? (Just left Dubai a couple of years ago so may be able to re-confirm you fears !) . But as someone said why don't you find out what the balance of moving them into another hotel would be and just pay it, it would be worth it if this hotel is really going to be that bad.

Vash in answer to your question yes prostitution is illegal in the whole of the UAE however it is rife.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future

Did the same thing a few years ago in a different country.

Actually I didn't realise until the second night - first night maybe too tired.

Lots of steps in the corridor and groaning noises. The whole neighbourhood was nasty but I stayed the whole 5 days and no-one bothered me.

Maybe they won't notice. Are they hard of hearing?
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:12 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Parents-in-Law have booked a hotel in Dubai which is really a brothel

Originally Posted by kbryant
Vash in answer to your question yes prostitution is illegal in the whole of the UAE however it is rife.
Crikey!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 7:59 am
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

I posted a message on the Dubai site to try and get a bit more info on the place they are staying (from this saturday for 5 night on way back to UK), and got a PM from the (very helpful) Dubai Moderator that this place should be avoided at all costs.

I have tried to cancel it for them (Mother in Law is nearly 70) but they booked and paid for it 6 months ago through some Thailand based website

Said website won't cancel it or even upgrade them to another hotel and they would pay the difference.

This is such a shame, I hate feeling so helpless. We've had a such a fabulous time with them and they have loved their first visit to Oz, I just don't want their last 5 nights to be in some dreadful place.

Any advice guys??
Hey,

I can't remember much of that particular hotel. But most of the smaller hotels, 3 star and under, in Dubai have a good amount of prostitutes. Come to think of it, most of the larger ones do to, but at least they try to keep them out of the lobby area.

Anyway, have a look at the reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...tes-Dubai.html

I thought most hotels give a refund if you give them enough notice of cancellation?
Old Apr 26th 2006, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
Why not put your hand in your pocket and help them out ?
Yes we are trying to do just that, but with only a few days to go we're not having much luck. Cheapest so far is Aus$694 per night. Multiplied by 5 nights is a bit too much for us
Old Apr 26th 2006, 3:30 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes we are trying to do just that, but with only a few days to go we're not having much luck. Cheapest so far is Aus$694 per night. Multiplied by 5 nights is a bit too much for us

Have you tried the Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza....holiday Inn have rooms for AU$200
Old Apr 26th 2006, 3:32 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

this is a great site for hotels http://dubai-hotelguide.net/index.htm?GDU
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:34 am
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

Try the Novotel. http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fiche...he_hotel.shtml

It's a "no-frills" business hotel. It has a swimming pool and is fairly central for everything in Dubai.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

Or the Ibis which is a little cheaper than the Novotel but is its 'sister Hotel' and is next door, it again is 'no frills' but has a very good reputation.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 2:28 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice guys??
At the risk of sounding risque, suck it and see...